Help prevent gay adoptions in FL

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00
Originally posted by amie
I know that it seems like this has turned into a MyJhongFist and Amie versus Tyler and rollin Thunder discussion, but it is not about that, it is about loving people being able to have the opportunity to parent regardless of sexual preference...

Amie

Thank you Amie.

It is also about people being able to let go of the notion that: Just because you support one thing, you automatically support another.

Upvote 0

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00
This is really sad. Come out with logical questions and threaten people with the idea of stepping out from behind their pre rehearsed responses to any certain issue, then they leave.

People make statements like: "God thinks they should die." and wonder why others think they are being unChristian.

Contrary to popular belief, there was ALOT more wrong in Sodom and Gomorrah than just homosexuality.

God is not willing that any should perish and all sinners (even the worst) are potential Christians.

Upvote 0

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00
Originally posted by Josiah
You guys keep talking about rights. You say that it's OK to respect someone's rights but not their way of life. This is where a lot of Christians are mixed up (not opinion). In Christ, we have no rights outside of GOD's Will. We belong to him. Any Christian who wouldn't freely give up his "rights" for the Will of GOD does not know what it truly means to be a Christian. We are supposed to be separate from the world. Different. A Royal Priesthood. A peculiar people. If the "system" says we have the right to something, that doesn't necessarily hold water with GOD. We don't have the freedom to exercise our "worldly" rights according to GOD's standards but only those rights given by HIM. The world system is irrelevant and should NEVER be the rod we use to measure ourselves. Jesus loves everyone but HATES lifestyles that are outside of His Will. Regarding children and those who would cause them to stumble read Matthew 18:6

I agree that, as Christians, we are held to a higher set of standards than the rest of the world.

But right now we are talking about 1)people who are not Christian and 2)the law of our society not the law of the Bible.
Of course you and I believe the Bible and its message of salvation, therefore we hold ourselves to this higher standard. But is it right for us to expect or, worse yet, FORCE people who do not believe as we do to live by those same standards?
All we can do is hope to be a good witness, so that they will come to the Lord as well. But until they do know the Lord it is illogical to expect them to live by His standards.
----------------
Our society grants each individual person rights, as a person, to live their lives according to the way we see fit. As Christians we have the choice, whether or not to utilize all of those rights, as some of the things that we are ALLOWED to do may be objectionable to us and/or to our Savior.
It is not fair to tell someone ,or an entire group of people, that they do not have the same rights available to them as the rest of society.

Nor do we have the right, as Christians, to tell anyone that just because we find certain things objectionable, that they are NOT ALLOWED to do them either.
We are perfectly within our rights to tell them the dangers of their behavior and counsel them against it. But we have no right as Christians or as a society to force them to live by our standards.
That would be like bringing back the Inquisition. We all know how much credibility that little fiasco brought to the church.

Upvote 0

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00
Originally posted by Josiah

I just can't understand why my brother or sister (in Christ) would argue FOR someone's WORLDLY rights.

I argue for the rights of EVERYONE, as human beings. When society seeks to defame us for our beliefs, I speak up. When society seeks to limit the freedoms of any other group, I speak up. Regardless of whether I like them or not. It takes a great deal of integrity and a grain of salt to argue evenly across the board for everyone, even those you don't agree with. But I do it, because I truly love everyone. Even when I hate the sin they commit.

To be honest with you, I know more than a few heterosexual couples

The saying goes: 'Love the sinner,Hate the sin' But in the attitudes of most Christians I have met and talked with on this and similar subjects, their attitude seems to be: 'Hate the sin, then say you love the sinner. Then look down upon them, talk about how evil they are and how we are much better than that, then ostracize them so that they may see the error of their ways. That will teach those dirty sinners.'

--------------------------
I love my country, but fear my government and the 'Big Brother' idealism that I see it moving toward. The less government control over our lives the better. I will not support any ordinance or law that restricts the life, liberty and pursuit of happiness of any social orientation. Because the backlash has the potential to be tremendous.
So many changes to our personal freedoms have taken place over the past 30 years, that if they happened all at once nobody would have stood for it. But each restriction on our individual liberties has been subtle and insidious.
That's why I speak so vehemently on the rights of any and every individual. Because the day will come when someone out there wants to restrict OUR rights and priveleges to practice our religion and study our Bibles the way we should be able to. When that day arrives, the groundwork will have already been laid.

I can just hear it now. "You HATEMONGERS have crusaded against the rights of everyone you think us unholy, now we crusade against YOURS !!!!!!!!"

Upvote 0

Tyler

Feb 26, 2002
Visit site
✟481.00
Sexual perverts should not be allowed to adopt children. Has this whole world gone mad? Don't take my word for anything , but read your bibles. Good grief is there such a thing as common sense left anywhere? I don't hate any gay person, but what they are doing is an abomination to God! Anyone who condones sins in others are then just as guilty as the transgressor. Love the sinner Hate the Sin!

Upvote 0

Tyler

Feb 26, 2002
Visit site
✟481.00
Originally posted by Didymus
the question was: can a gay person be a good parent ? Did you read the whole thread ?

Homosexuality is an abomination to God. Leviticus 18:22

Homosexuality is perversion to God. Romans1:27

God says they are perverts and an abomination to Him.

The fact that gays cannot produce children of their own is a testimony by God that such a relationship is against His will. Good parent in whose eyes, yours or God's??
Love the sinner hate the sin!

Upvote 0

Tyler

Feb 26, 2002
Visit site
✟481.00
Originally posted by Didymus
I never said homosexuality was not a sin. I do think that gay people are capable of loveing others and i don t mean just other gay people.
Do you know any gay people ? you might even work with a gay person and not even know it.
And surprise !! Jesus died for All people and that means gays. yes they have to repent and come to Him for salvation but so did you. So don t start this holier then thou crap . I bet you have some nasty little secrets inn your life you don t want anyone to know about just like the rest of us.

Do you have some sort of gay agenda? God says that homosexuality is perversion, so why are you defending the gay lifestyle? This holier than thou crap you call, is the word of God! I might work with gay people but I definitely wouldn't want one bringing up children in a perverted lifestyle. Don't try and justify that garbage around here, if you condone it you are just as guilty as the transgressor. I never said I was better than anyone. Once a gay person is saved and turns his or her life around, maybe then they could be worthy parents. Jesus Christ hates sin, but will heal sinners only if they are willing to turn away from sin. Why would you want to put children in a perverted home?? Love the sinner hate the sin!

Upvote 0

Tyler

Feb 26, 2002
Visit site
✟481.00
It doesn't matter what I think or anyone else thinks on this forum or planet for the matter. God's will is all that matters. For he is true and just and all knowing. If God tells me something thru scripture who am I to argue?? Can anyone here, using scripture tell me that gay parenting is all right in God's eyes?? If you can't, then you are just spouting your own opinions. What counts more, your opinions or God's? Love the sinner hate the sin!

Upvote 0

Tyler

Feb 26, 2002
Visit site
✟481.00
Catechism ofthe Catholic Church
Equality and difference willed by God
"Each for the other"- "A unity in two"
371 God created man and woman together and willed each for the other. The word of God gives us to understand this through various features of the sacred text. "It is not good that the man should be alone. I will make him a helper fit for him." None of the animals can be man's partner. The woman God "fashions" from the man's rib and brings to him elicits on the man's part a cry of wonder, an exclamation of love and communion: "This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh." Man discovers woman as another "I", sharing the same humanity.

372 Man and woman Were made "FOR EACH OTHER"-not that God left them half made and incomplete: He created them to be a communion of persons, in which they can be "helpmate" to the other, for they are equal as persons("bones of my bones...") and complementary As MASCULINE AND FEMININE. In marriage God unites them in such a way that, by forming "one flesh", they can TRANSMIT HUMAN LIFE: "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth." BY TRANSMITTING HUMAN LIFE TO THEIR DESCENDANTS, MAN AND WOMAN AS SPOUSES AND PARENTS COOPERATE IN A UNIQUE WAY IN THE CREATOR'S WORK.

God detests, loathes homosexuality, for it is an abomination to Him. So you would put innocent children in such an enviroment?? If God detests and loathes that lifestyle why do you you defend it??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tyler

Feb 26, 2002
Visit site
✟481.00
Originally posted by MyJhongFist

You too??????

How come everyone keeps saying that?
Is it that much of a stretch to imagine NOT approving of someone's lifestyle but still supporting their rights in society?

Just because someone supports their rights, automatically the homophobia kicks in and people are running around saying: "THEY SUPPORT THE GAY LIFESTYLE, THEY SUPPORT THE GAY LIFESTYLE!!!!!!"

There is a difference, you know.
---------------------

For instance, say there is a heterosexual, non-Christian, married couple. Good people for the most part: caring, non-abusive, etc. But say they are devout atheists.
Do we have the right, as a society, to tell those people "Hey, you are good people and all, but you are not allowed to have children. Because you will warp their minds and bring them up atheist"

I know what the Bible says. But I am talking about the LAW right now. Our government has way too much control over our lives as it is, and they should not be able to tell people if they can have children or not.

Let's not go down that scary road.
-------------------

Love the sinner hate the sin. But it seems that many people's attitude is: "Love the sinner, Hate the sin. Hate the sin so much that you ostracize the sinner and take away the rights that everyone else has, so that they may see the error of their ways. That will teach those dirty sinners!!!!"
How come everyone keeps saying that??
Good grief read your bible!

You equate atheism with homosexuality?
Read your bible, God did not destroy Sodom and Gommorah because they were atheists. He destroyed them because they were all perverted. I think you are mixing up true love for perverted lust. God says that it is wrong and that is good enough for me!

Upvote 0

Tyler

Feb 26, 2002
Visit site
✟481.00
PASTORAL CONSTITUTION
ON THE CHURCH IN THE MODERN WORLD
GADIUM ET SPES
PROMULGATED BY
HIS HOLINESS, POPE PAUL VI
ON DECEMBER 7, 1965

CHAPTER1
FOSTERING THE NOBILITY OF MARRIAGE AND THE FAMILY

50. Marriage and conjugal love are by their nature ordained toward the begetting and educating of children. Children are really the supreme gift of marriage and contribute very substantially to the welfare of their parents. THE GOD HIMSELF WHO SAID, "it is not good for man to be alone"
(Gen. 2:18) and "WHO MADE MAN FROM THE BEGINNING MALE AND FEMALE" (Matt. 19:4), wishing to share with man a certain special participation in His own creative work,BLESSED MALE AND FEMALE, SAYING: "INCREASE AND MULTIPLY" (Gen.1:28).Hence, while not making the other purposes of matrimony of less account, the true practice of conjugal love, and the whole meaning of family life which results from it, have this aim: that the couple be ready with stout hearts to cooperate with the love of the Creator and the Saviour. Who through them will enlarge and enrich His own family day by day. end.

Would you destroy something so beautiful ordained by our creator, and turn it into something only Satan would be pleased of??? Show me anywhere in the bible where it says that the gay lifestyle is pleasing to God. Your opinion counts for nothing, my opinion counts for nothing, God's opinion counts for everything!

Upvote 0

Tyler

Feb 26, 2002
Visit site
✟481.00
Originally posted by MyJhongFist

You are still not seeing past your argument long enough to even try to listen.

Let me say this one more time.

Just because you support someone's rights, does not mean you approve of their lifestyle !

Just because you support someone's rights, does not mean you approve of their lifestyle !

Do you get it yet?

Climb down off the high horse and listen.

pardon?

Upvote 0

Tyler

Feb 26, 2002
Visit site
✟481.00
what makes you think homosexuals would be bad parents?
God says they are perverts. Why did God destroy Sodom and Gomorrah? He destroyed that place because they were all sexual perverts. No child should ever be put into a place like that. I'm sure there are well meaning gay people out there, but their lifestyle greatly offends God. If God would Destroy a whole city because of their immorality what makes you think something like that would be in the best interests of a child?? We cannot change God's laws or ideals to serve our own purposes. I honestly pray amie that you find what you are looking for. Just make sure that you rely on God's word not man's.

God Bless
Tyler

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tyler

Feb 26, 2002
Visit site
✟481.00
Tyler,
I think I am finding what I am looking for and I stand by my opinion that I believe homosexuals are fully capable of being loving, caring parents. I do not believe for one second that a persons homosexuality makes them a bad parent. I know you think otherwise and so I respect your opinion. God Bless you too Tyler.

Amie
Just one thing amie, it's not my opinion.

God Bless
Tyler

Upvote 0

Tyler

Feb 26, 2002
Visit site
✟481.00
Originally posted by rollinTHUNDER
I am officially dropping out of this. I had my two cents in the pot. No good came from this post. Some think homos should be parents/ and God thinks the homos should be killed. GEE - I know who's side I'm taken.

50/50 - you pick it.
I'm with you rollinTHUNDER.
It's either God's way or the highway. See you in another thread!

Upvote 0