• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Help prevent gay adoptions in FL

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by rollinTHUNDER, Mar 19, 2002.

1. LouisBooth

LouisBooth Well-Known Member

+62
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    "By the way, whether you like it or not, you just made ALL Christians look terrible by your response."

How so? By saying homosexuals are wrong in their lifestyle? That's what the bible says. Now I wouldn't think a heterosexual that sleeps around all the time would make a good parent either. Thus the standard is the same. Bad sexual choices make for a bad parent because it shows the child its okay to make bad sexual choices.

2. MyJhongFist

MyJhongFist Active Member

+0
    Is that all you read in Drought's statement?  What was posted went far beyond mere sexuality.  the statement was that in Drought's 'esteemed' opinion, non Christians should not be able to adopt either.

Now, I am a Christian and that even offends me.  It is extremely judgemental, and puts the person who said it, on a moral high horse that is far superior to anyone who is not of their same religion.

If someone who was contemplating making the decision for Christ was to read a statement like that, do you think that their impression of Christianity would be positive, afterward?  I sure don't.

In short, Drought said that anyone who is not a Christian is not worthy of being a parent.  I find that attitude to be elitist, hateful and disgraceful.

3. LouisBooth

LouisBooth Well-Known Member

+62
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    "the statement was that in Drought's 'esteemed' opinion, non Christians should not be able to adopt either."

Thanks for the clarification, from the posts I read it was more geared to what I commented on.

4. MyJhongFist

+0
    Thanks for taking the time to clarify.

Drought's position is disgraceful and I look forward talking to him/her about it.

5. MyJhongFist

+0
    No response.... ::cricket chirp::

Apparently, Drought doesn't like to deal with opposition from fellow Christians.

6. Isis

Isis New Member

+0
    How so? By saying homosexuals are wrong in their lifestyle? That's what the bible says. Now I wouldn't think a heterosexual that sleeps around all the time would make a good parent either. Thus the standard is the same. Bad sexual choices make for a bad parent because it shows the child its okay to make bad sexual choices.

is that really what you think??
    do you think that homosexuals sleep around all the time? it's not like when a gay man spots another (gay)man he automattically wants to sleep with him!! the parents don't always shape their children, especially teenagers don't want to live their lifes as their parents did. Even when the parents make 'good'sexual choises, don't drink and don't use drugs the kid can still sleep around ore use drugs ore drink alcohol. I agree that children should be looked after and be taken care of by the best possible adoptive parents, but I also think that shouldn't rule out gay people. a lot of homosexual parents can take care of their kids a lot better then some hetrosexual parents.
    and another thing, why should the bible deside who is fit to take care of children? the bible is more than 1000 years old, why should that book deside how people in the year 2002 should live? the book is outdated. its old. when 2 people love each other, why shouldn't they live together and if they want to, take care of their children together? in Holland gay people can get married and then they have the same rights as any other married
    couple. how can that be wrong? Jesus is supposed to love everyone, so why not gays? it's not like their murderers or something. if homosexuality isn't accepted by Jesus and the bible, then I'm glad that my religion doesn't judge people on their sexuality or on other grounds.

Edited for using bad language; violation of Rule 4 (no offensive posts).

7. LIBERTYUGAL

LIBERTYUGAL New Member

+0
    Christian
    Help me out here RollinTHUNDER, I thought that the one thing God could NOT do is Hate, since that is a sin in itself.

8. Ave Maria

Ave Maria Ave Maria Gratia Plena

+1,630
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Republican
    Would you all rather that a child stay in an orphanage or in foster homes all their lives or would you like them to have a loving set of parents? Personally, I'll go with letting them have a loving set of parents regardless of the parents' sexual orientation.

9. Kaonashi

Kaonashi If God is thy father, man is thy brother.

+167
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Democrat
    A child who is raised by homosexual parents is more likely to be more open minded and loving towards others and themselves IMHO. Same sex parents are just as able to teach their children how to love their neighbors as themselves.

10. Jaime&Junie

Jaime&Junie New Member

+0
    Protestant
    I guess i have commited a horrible sin according to most of you . In August of this year i had a baby.and since i am still trying to finnish my degree i chose to give him up for adoption. This was the hardest choise i had ever had to make in my life. But i decided to give him to a couple who were wonderful and had a huge family back and were extremly finacially stable. they had been trying to adopt for years but they were having trouble becasue they wanted a interacial boy. Well my baby was mixed and a boy, so they finnaly had a match. when they cam to the hospital to meet the baby they fell in love with him immediately and fed him and held him with great care. they showed me pictures of there family and told me that if i ever wanted to see him i could or if i ever needed anything to call them. thay left me there number and address. i keep in regular contact with them and thier son is doing great and is as happy as can be. if you must know the peopl ei gave him to were gay. but i don't think that i could have mad a better choice as to who was going to raise my baby.

11. Jaime&Junie

Jaime&Junie New Member

+0
    Protestant
    what if a child end up in an orphanage for the rest of there life and has no real stability and ends up a phycopath and kills people. i feel that as long as a child is raised in a loveing and caring family he will be healthy and happy. :sigh: