Feb 6, 2002
✟19,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
"By the way, whether you like it or not, you just made ALL Christians look terrible by your response."

How so? By saying homosexuals are wrong in their lifestyle? That's what the bible says. Now I wouldn't think a heterosexual that sleeps around all the time would make a good parent either. Thus the standard is the same. Bad sexual choices make for a bad parent because it shows the child its okay to make bad sexual choices.

Upvote 0

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00
Originally posted by LouisBooth
"By the way, whether you like it or not, you just made ALL Christians look terrible by your response."

How so? By saying homosexuals are wrong in their lifestyle? 

Is that all you read in Drought's statement?  What was posted went far beyond mere sexuality.  the statement was that in Drought's 'esteemed' opinion, non Christians should not be able to adopt either.

Now, I am a Christian and that even offends me.  It is extremely judgemental, and puts the person who said it, on a moral high horse that is far superior to anyone who is not of their same religion.

If someone who was contemplating making the decision for Christ was to read a statement like that, do you think that their impression of Christianity would be positive, afterward?  I sure don't.

In short, Drought said that anyone who is not a Christian is not worthy of being a parent.  I find that attitude to be elitist, hateful and disgraceful.

Upvote 0
How so? By saying homosexuals are wrong in their lifestyle? That's what the bible says. Now I wouldn't think a heterosexual that sleeps around all the time would make a good parent either. Thus the standard is the same. Bad sexual choices make for a bad parent because it shows the child its okay to make bad sexual choices.

is that really what you think??
do you think that homosexuals sleep around all the time? it's not like when a gay man spots another (gay)man he automattically wants to sleep with him!! the parents don't always shape their children, especially teenagers don't want to live their lifes as their parents did. Even when the parents make 'good'sexual choises, don't drink and don't use drugs the kid can still sleep around ore use drugs ore drink alcohol. I agree that children should be looked after and be taken care of by the best possible adoptive parents, but I also think that shouldn't rule out gay people. a lot of homosexual parents can take care of their kids a lot better then some hetrosexual parents.
and another thing, why should the bible deside who is fit to take care of children? the bible is more than 1000 years old, why should that book deside how people in the year 2002 should live? the book is outdated. its old. when 2 people love each other, why shouldn't they live together and if they want to, take care of their children together? in Holland gay people can get married and then they have the same rights as any other married
couple. how can that be wrong? Jesus is supposed to love everyone, so why not gays? it's not like their murderers or something. if homosexuality isn't accepted by Jesus and the bible, then I'm glad that my religion doesn't judge people on their sexuality or on other grounds.

Edited for using bad language; violation of Rule 4 (no offensive posts).

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Would you all rather that a child stay in an orphanage or in foster homes all their lives or would you like them to have a loving set of parents? Personally, I'll go with letting them have a loving set of parents regardless of the parents' sexual orientation.

Upvote 0

Kaonashi

If God is thy father, man is thy brother.
Jun 8, 2004
Denver
✟13,333.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A child who is raised by homosexual parents is more likely to be more open minded and loving towards others and themselves IMHO. Same sex parents are just as able to teach their children how to love their neighbors as themselves.

Reactions: Jaime&Junie
Upvote 0

Jaime&Junie

Dec 18, 2004
✟117.00
Faith
Protestant
I guess i have commited a horrible sin according to most of you . In August of this year i had a baby.and since i am still trying to finnish my degree i chose to give him up for adoption. This was the hardest choise i had ever had to make in my life. But i decided to give him to a couple who were wonderful and had a huge family back and were extremly finacially stable. they had been trying to adopt for years but they were having trouble becasue they wanted a interacial boy. Well my baby was mixed and a boy, so they finnaly had a match. when they cam to the hospital to meet the baby they fell in love with him immediately and fed him and held him with great care. they showed me pictures of there family and told me that if i ever wanted to see him i could or if i ever needed anything to call them. thay left me there number and address. i keep in regular contact with them and thier son is doing great and is as happy as can be. if you must know the peopl ei gave him to were gay. but i don't think that i could have mad a better choice as to who was going to raise my baby.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jaime&Junie

Dec 18, 2004
✟117.00
Faith
Protestant
rollinTHUNDER said:
It's an abomination, it's sick, and it's wrong. Love is good, but to bring up a child under that lifestyle should be a crime. Physically he MAY be alright, but his emotions and affection will be cheated. He doesn't stand a chance. It can only end in disaster, because (IF) he does somehow overcome this backwards kind of love, he will probably be embarressed and ashamed of his parent, which could also end in their separation of each other. I can't see any good that can come from such non-sense. He would be much better off an orphan, waiting to be addopted by some NORMAL parents, and anything less is unacceptable in my view.

what if a child end up in an orphanage for the rest of there life and has no real stability and ends up a phycopath and kills people. i feel that as long as a child is raised in a loveing and caring family he will be healthy and happy. :sigh:

Upvote 0