Help prevent gay adoptions in FL

Didymus

can t spell--can t type
Feb 3, 2002
New York state
✟10,771.00
Faith
Protestant
Wow this has gotten really heated while I was gone !!
I had a gay man baby sit for me when mydaughters were under 5. he was onew of the best babysitters I ever had. I don t think his being gay had anything to with it. he was knd of a jerk but he was good with the girls. That is not to say all gay people even like kids. let alone would want them.

Upvote 0

Didymus

can t spell--can t type
Feb 3, 2002
New York state
✟10,771.00
Faith
Protestant
I have finally remembered I do know a gay person who is raising a child. It is her neice who is under five. The child s mother was determined to bbe unable to care for the child so rather then place it in fostercare the aunt was given custody. The mother has severe mental disablities and will probably never get the baby back. There is some confusion as to who the father is. The aunt currently lives with a no-gay woman and her children. I think we have to look at each case indiividually.

Upvote 0

Didymus

can t spell--can t type
Feb 3, 2002
New York state
✟10,771.00
Faith
Protestant
well at least the child is not in her own filth for so long she gets sores,is beiong fed nutrious meals,is going to a doctor for regular checkups and shots, and is being interacted with and not left in her playpen in front of the tv for hours. Personally i would love to see this porr baby get adopted but the mother won t release her.

Upvote 0

Didymus

can t spell--can t type
Feb 3, 2002
New York state
✟10,771.00
Faith
Protestant
perhaps that was not your intention. i do not know your mind but it comes over wrong. I know a woman who named her daughter El Shaddi because she liked the way it sounded. she can t understand why people don t approve of that either. the girl goes by elsie now for a nickname.

Upvote 0

MatthewDiscipleofGod

Senior Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟20,802.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God said honor your Father and Mother for a reason and not honor your Father and Father. It is a sin, even if it is "in the genes". I have said it before and I'll say it again. Some scientists and doctors have told me that there are genes for the urge to murder and over drink. In fact I was told I probably have the gene to over drink since my father has his problems with drinking. So if that's the case the gene arugment is POINTLESS. It doesn't hold water. If it did you would have to say it's ok to murder and over drink. And I'm sure most of you would agree it's not ok to do those things. It's sad that people want to modify Christianity so that it conforms to modern society, even if society has been becoming more sinful daily.

Upvote 0

MatthewDiscipleofGod

Senior Veteran
Feb 6, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
✟20,802.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you think murders would make good adoption parents? How about theifs? How about a cult of satanists? They have rights too you know! Sure I'm getting extreme but sometimes it takes extreme to get people to realize what's going on. If these people are living knowly in sin there is nothing but trouble in store. Sure it doesn't mean the kids has no hope we we are asking for trouble if we condone it and we are going against God. Are you for God or against him? Either you listen to all of his word or none of it. Not just what you want to hear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00
Originally posted by Tyler

The fact that gays cannot produce children of their own is a testimony by God that such a relationship is against His will. Good parent in whose eyes, yours or God's??
Love the sinner hate the sin!

None of us are 'good' parents then, because we are all sinners and therefore imperfect. What makes their sin any worse than ours?

I am an imperfect guide and role model for my son. I readily admit it, because I am only human. There is only one perfect father. God the Father. All the rest of us fall short.

The fact is, that a gay person can be a good parent, even though he/she is a sinner. Just as any of us can be good parents, though we are sinners.

Sin is sin. Parenting skills and caring are what children need.

Do you honestly believe that gay people are incapable of love, caring or providing? If so you better include yourself and all the rest of us humans. Because we all have sinned, and to God there is no difference between your sin and theirs.

Upvote 0

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00

Do you have some sort of gay agenda? God says that homosexuality is perversion, so why are you defending the gay lifestyle? This holier than thou crap you call, is the word of God!

Noone here has said that homosexuality is not a sin. You are grasping at straws and calling people names.

Do you also believe that heterosexual non-Christians should not be parents either? After all they are living a sinful lifestyle too.
Non-Christians have never been forgiven or turned their lives around. So therefore they are not fit parents either, right?

Upvote 0

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00
Originally posted by Josiah
That's EXACTLY right...Those who are living a lifestyle of sin and teaching children to do the same will have to answer for it. (Mark 9:42)

That's true. But do we have the right to tell anyone that legally they are not allowed to have children just because they are non-Christians? Remember that includes heterosexual, non-Christians too.
Everyone is missing the point that I have been trying to make. Yes the Bible clearly states that homosexuality is a sin. The way they live their lives is wrong, plain and simple.
However, there are alot of hetero couples out there who put their children through some horrendous actions. Drug abuse, sexual abuse, etc. Is this any worse?

The majority of children are in foster care in the first place because either their parents have died, or because of the deplorable conditions in the hetero home they were born into.

Originally posted by Josiah
How much more clear can God be about homosexuality? Why would ANYONE who calls themselves a Christian defend it in ANY way?? )

How come everyone keeps saying that? Is it that much of a stretch to imagine NOT approving of someone's lifestyle but still supporting their rights in society?

For instance, say there is a heterosexual, non-Christian, married couple. Good people for the most part: caring, non-abusive, etc. But say they are devout atheists.
Do we have the right, as a society, to tell those people "Hey, you are good people and all, but you are not allowed to have children. Because you will warp their minds and bring them up atheist"

I know what the Bible says. But I am right now, talking about the LAW. Our government has way too much control over our lives as it is. We should not be able to tell people if they can have children or not.

Let's not go down that scary road.
-------------------

Love the sinner hate the sin. But it seems that many people's attitude is: "Love the sinner, Hate the sin. Hate the sin so much that you ostracize the sinner and take away the rights that everyone else has, so that they may see the error of their ways."

Upvote 0

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00

God detests, loathes homosexuality, for it is an abomination to Him. So you would put innocent children in such an enviroment?? If God detests and loathes that lifestyle why do you you defend it??

You too??????

How come everyone keeps saying that?
Is it that much of a stretch to imagine NOT approving of someone's lifestyle but still supporting their rights in society?

Just because someone supports their rights, automatically the homophobia kicks in and people are running around saying: "THEY SUPPORT THE GAY LIFESTYLE, THEY SUPPORT THE GAY LIFESTYLE!!!!!!"

There is a difference, you know.
---------------------

For instance, say there is a heterosexual, non-Christian, married couple. Good people for the most part: caring, non-abusive, etc. But say they are devout atheists.
Do we have the right, as a society, to tell those people "Hey, you are good people and all, but you are not allowed to have children. Because you will warp their minds and bring them up atheist"

I know what the Bible says. But I am talking about the LAW right now. Our government has way too much control over our lives as it is, and they should not be able to tell people if they can have children or not.

Let's not go down that scary road.
-------------------

Love the sinner hate the sin. But it seems that many people's attitude is: "Love the sinner, Hate the sin. Hate the sin so much that you ostracize the sinner and take away the rights that everyone else has, so that they may see the error of their ways. That will teach those dirty sinners!!!!"

Upvote 0

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00

How come everyone keeps saying that??
Good grief read your bible!

God says that it is wrong and that is good enough for me!

You are still not seeing past your argument long enough to even try to listen.

Let me say this one more time.

Just because you support someone's rights, does not mean you approve of their lifestyle !

Just because you support someone's rights, does not mean you approve of their lifestyle !

Do you get it yet?

Climb down off the high horse and listen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00
Originally posted by rollinTHUNDER

I have four children, and I would never let one of these homos even babysit my kids for even 30 minutes.

Rollin Thunder,
Do you believe that all homosexuals are child molesters and twisted abusers?
Not trying to be a pain, but that one statement in your post made me think that.
That would be like saying all Christians shoot abortion doctors.

Everything else pretty much, I agree with.
The obvious choice for a good home would be a married, loving heterosexual couple. But if that were not available, I would much rather see a child with a gay parent, than in foster care.

Have you ever been in foster care? My loving wife grew up in foster home to foster home, and boy can she tell you some horror stories.

Upvote 0

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00

pardon?

pardon? pardon?

Still not hearing...

Everyone has said, that because a person supports the societal rights of gays, that you automatically approve of their lifestyle.

That is not true.

A person can despise homosexuality, but support the right of homosexuals as people.

Only narrow minded homophobes cannot understand that fact.

They are still people who deserve rights in society.

Upvote 0

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00
Let me just state this one more time, if you condone it you are just as guilty as the perpetrator. You may think gays would make good parents, fine, you are intitled to your opinion but it is just that, your opinion. God's opinion is all that counts!

Let me state this one more time. Noone is condoning it.

Only a narrow minded person cannot see the difference between supporting a person's rights and supporting their lifestyle.

So hooked on your argument that you can't see any other point that pertains to the subject?

Upvote 0

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00

You equate atheism with homosexuality?

the person I responded to said that ANY ungodly environment is unfit for children to be raised in. Atheism is ungodly.

No parent is without sin.

Everyone claims "love the sinner, hate the sin" But who is really practicing it?

Is it the people who wish to ostracize the sinners, because of their sin? Those who say that because of their sin they are automatically bad people? or, Those who still think that just because they are sinners, they deserve respect as people and hope that they come to the Lord.

Which is it?????

Upvote 0