Help prevent gay adoptions in FL

It's not a question of whether gays can be good parents or not. Homosexuality is a behavior and it is abnormal, deviant, perverse behavior. That is what would be demonstrated before a child.

Children should not be subjected to that way of life. It is totally against all that we know as Christians. There are also many proofs of male homosexuals molesting little boys. We are considering a child here and we need to look at all angles concerning that child. AIDS is a very good reason to not allow children to be adopted by homosexuals.

What would a child, brought up in a home where there are two people doing what God has condemned, get as Godly principles?? Instability in many areas.

Salt

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Children are many, many, times more likely to be molested by opposite-sex guardians than same-sex guardians.

As to the rest... I don't feel it's appropriate for me to project my religious beliefs onto society's laws.

Upvote 0
How many people here honestly believe, without letting religion cloud your thinking, that Rosie O Donnell, the leading advocate FOR gay adoptions in Florida, could not provide a loving caring home for otherwise UNWANTED children simply because she is gay? I think she and many others like her could, regardless of their sexual orientation.

Upvote 0

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by Mid
I agree with you Carolina girl.
I honestly don't see why homosexuals are viewed as bad people by many.
Sure, some of them are. But then again, many heterosexuals are as well.

I have to agree also.

Upvote 0

Inspired

only hurts when I breathe
Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by saltnlight
It's not a question of whether gays can be good parents or not. Homosexuality is a behavior and it is abnormal, deviant, perverse behavior. That is what would be demonstrated before a child.

Children should not be subjected to that way of life. It is totally against all that we know as Christians. There are also many proofs of male homosexuals molesting little boys. We are considering a child here and we need to look at all angles concerning that child. AIDS is a very good reason to not allow children to be adopted by homosexuals.

What would a child, brought up in a home where there are two people doing what God has condemned, get as Godly principles?? Instability in many areas.

Salt

Right now there is a critical shortage of adoptive and foster parents in the United States. As a result, many children have no permanent homes, while others are forced to survive in an endless series of substandard foster homes. It is estimated that there are 500,000 children in foster care nationally, and 100,000 need to be adopted. But last year there were qualified adoptive parents available for only 20,000 of these children. Many of these children have historically been viewed as "unadoptable" because they are not healthy white infants. Instead, they are often minority children and/or adolescents, many with significant health problems. There is much evidence documenting the serious damage suffered by children without permanent homes who are placed in substandard foster homes. Children frequently become victims of the "foster care shuffle," in which they are moved from temporary home to temporary home. A child stuck in permanent foster care can live in 20 or more homes by the time she reaches 18. It is not surprising, therefore, that long-term foster care is associated with increased emotional problems, delinquency, substance abuse and academic problems.
There is no connection between homosexuality and pedophilia. All of the legitimate scientific evidence shows that. Sexual orientation, whether heterosexual or homosexual, is an adult sexual attraction to others. Pedophilia, on the other hand, is an adult sexual attraction to children. Ninety percent of child abuse is committed by heterosexual men. In one study of 269 cases of child sexual abuse, only two offenders were gay or lesbian. Of the cases studied involving molestation of a boy by a man, 74 percent of the men were or had been in a heterosexual relationship with the boy's mother or another female relative. The study concluded that "a child's risk of being molested by his or her relative's heterosexual partner is over 100 times greater than by someone who might be identifiable as being homosexual, lesbian, or bisexual.

The court system cannot make a judgement based on the religious beliefs of one sec of the population.

Upvote 0

Inspired

only hurts when I breathe
Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by gunnysgt
ACLU(Anti-Christian Liberal Union)

Other than proving you don't know what the acronym stands for what was this comment for?

I have issues with the ACLU also, mainly the fact that they support the KKK.

But that has absolutely no bearing on gay adoptions, because the morality of the debate has no bearing on the law of the case.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MyJhongFist

Feb 22, 2002
Visit site
✟1,152.00
Originally posted by saltnlight -----------

Children should not be subjected to that way of life. It is totally against all that we know as Christians.----------------

Me~~~~~~>>>> And there are alot of heterosexuals who behave in ways that are perverse, abnormal and deviant. How is that different?

The homosexual's sin is no greater than anyone else's. Therefore, if people who display sinful behavior in front of their children should not be parents, then none of us are qualified for the job.

Upvote 0

alphatronics

Oct 30, 2002
Visit site
✟8,011.00
Faith
Humanist
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that it would be a bad idea to have double standards when determining who can apply for adoption. A person's sexual preference isn't the issue, their competence as a parent is. Because someone is homosexual does not determine anything about their ability to love and nurture an adopted child.

Upvote 0
It would be nice, but then again so would denying non-believers the right to adopt. Children should grow up in good Christian households... in that respect an atheist household is no better than a homosexual household.

All we can really do is pray for *all* the children caught in the web of parents who don't hearken to the word of God.

Upvote 0

alphatronics

Oct 30, 2002
Visit site
✟8,011.00
Faith
Humanist
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by Drought
It would be nice, but then again so would denying non-believers the right to adopt. Children should grow up in good Christian households... in that respect an atheist household is no better than a homosexual household.

All we can really do is pray for *all* the children caught in the web of parents who don't hearken to the word of God.

It saddens me to hear you basically say "If the parents dont think like I do, then they're obviously lesser than I am."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by Drought

Would any Christian denomination do, or are some denominations also dangerous?

Upvote 0

Starscream

Mar 2, 2002
✟4,057.00
Originally posted by MyJhongFist
By the way, whether you like it or not, you just made ALL Christians look terrible by your response.

I wouldn't get too worried about it.  Most of us are able to listen to such tripe without generalizing all Christians.

But still, I do agree that Drought's opinions leave much to be desired...

Upvote 0