Help prevent gay adoptions in FL

Debbie

Dec 11, 2001
Visit site
✟1,142.00
I'm definitely a Bible person & I know the Bible says an unrepentive homosexual is going to hell. I have seen homosexual couples raise children & it wasnt good in any way. I have also seen straight parents do bad jobs of parenting.
I always side with the Bible. I would never vote for gay adoption, because then I would be a "partaker" of their sin. On the other hand, I would not object to the authorities if a gay couple were raising a child or privately adopting. If no straight person wants the child, what is better for the child? WHat does the child want?
I believe it should be up to the child. Maybe the child doesnt approve of alcoholism, but has an alcoholic parent. This doesnt mean the child approves of homosexuality, but would prefer to be adopted by gay parents as opposed to living in an orphanage. I would.
Leave it up to the child to decide his own fate. They have so little voice in their own life.

Upvote 0
Here is my personal opinion on gays adopting children. I think that many children need good homes and just because someone is gay doesn't mean that they can't provide a good home for children.

But I do believe gay people know that living the lifestyle they live that they cannot produce children with a same sex partner. I think they should realize that when you are gay that is something that you have to sacrifice. The bible speaks out against homosexuality and there is no getting around that (Lev. 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with woman kind; it is an ABOMINATION.) The bible also speaks out against fornication and having sexual relations with someone you are not married to is just that..and since same sex people can't get married they are committing fornication.

Personally, I don't feel gays should adopt children but if they do I don't think just because they are gay they couldn't be good parents.

I just think we as Christians need to be careful when we say it is okay for people living in sin to do certain things because sometimes it could look like we are accepting the ways of the world and we ALL know the Bible definitely speaks out against that.

Blessings to everyone.

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
Originally posted by Terri

Hey Solo,

What happened to the old wife? :confused:
A sad, long involved story. But in a nut shell, we are not any longer together. It is difficult for those who are not devoted to God to understand the ways of those who are. I was not saved until 7 years ago. I went to church for 5 years before she began to go with me. But that ws sporadic at best, but I held on and prayed. But we kept growing further and further apart even though she admitted I was 10 times better as a husband. I cannot do any better than that.
I want God to guide me in all my decision making and it was not so for her. She has dissolved our relationship and it is no more. We are now not married. I went through much pain and agony trying to save our marriage, I am not an abuser, verbally or otherwise and I like her personality too, nor did I preach and bang her over the head with the bible.
She did speak to my pastor once but would not go back. She would only speak to those who agreed with her view of the world and how to live. Everyone, including my pastor, which totally surprised me, agreed we should split, because it may, in the long run cause her to have a change of heart. I don't see it. But sobeit. It must be. Now, though I can have a wife who is not only beautiful, my ex wife is very pretty, but also loves God along with me. Someone who will pray with me and won't curse me for going to church and for paying tithes and offerings, and will pray with and for me.
Amie is that one that God gave me. And I am so thankful for her, that she listened to God, and thankful to God that he is so merciful. :)

Upvote 0
Originally posted by MissytheButterfly

I just think we as Christians need to be careful when we say it is okay for people living in sin to do certain things because sometimes it could look like we are accepting the ways of the world and we ALL know the Bible definitely speaks out against that.

Ideally, I don't think that we should need be careful. Other 'Christians' should not be so narrow in their definitions of people to see the difference between supporting someone's lifestyle and supporting their rights, as human beings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sunshine

May 25, 2002
Toronto
✟8,963.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
many of these posts on gay adoption rights seem concerned with the issue that the homosexual lifestyle is sinful and that children should not be brought up in an environment that treats this sinful lifestyle as "normal". well guess what, everyone is sinful! there has been no evidence to suggest that being brought up by homosexual parents leads a greater likelihood of the child becoming homosexual. what is the harm in children being taught to be respectful for other lifestyles? I do see harm in loving, caring people being denied the right to adopt. and I most definitely see harm in innocent children being denied a loving home. we have so many children in need of good homes!

Upvote 0
Originally posted by sunshine
many of these posts on gay adoption rights seem concerned with the issue that the homosexual lifestyle is sinful and that children should not be brought up in an environment that treats this sinful lifestyle as "normal". well guess what, everyone is sinful!

Amen Sunshine!!! :clap:

If people who sin are not good enough to have children, then NONE OF US should be parents.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Originally posted by sunshine
thanks maninastrangeland and MyJhongFist! this is one issue that I feel quite strongly about. I don't think that any of us have a right to deny children parents when we are all sinful ourselves.

I think the key question is "does this appear to harm children in any way".

The issue has been exhaustively studied. No one can find any kind of mental problems that are more common in kids raised by gays. Indeed, as long as we're talking about adopted children, the kids aren't even more likely to be gay. So... God's will is pretty clear. Adoption by loving parents is okay.

Upvote 0

jeremiah

May 17, 2002
San Diego
✟640.00
Thank you Amie and MyJhongfist. You have both held your ground and articulated your views without faltering. I agree with all of your previous posts and I commend you for your loyalty towards one another back there. The comraderie is endearing. And, when others left the debate, you two stuck it out. Rollin thunder, I believe you to be misguided, I hope that you can find for yourself some answers.

Upvote 0