only hurts when I breathe
Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have alot of other issues with the ACLU(i.e. they actively support the KKK), but this is one fight I am behind.
Sexual Orientation has no bearing on the ability of a person to raise a child, nor how that child will grow up, except the fact they they will probably be less likely to be predjudice and judgemental.

Upvote 0

Inspired

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by Cammie
It's not about being prejudiced and judgemental. It's about standing up for what people believe to be morally right, and not giving in to what's politically correct.

Just because you believe it's right doesn't mean everyone does, nor does it make it legally right.

Upvote 0

IslandBreeze

Caribbean Queen
Sep 2, 2002
✟18,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A VERY small minority believes it's okay, and in this country, majority rules. The majority sets the norms of society, and, either you confirm to those norms, or you don't participate in activities.

I feel like the gay agenda has made it nearly impossible for Christians to defend their beliefs anymore. When they do, they're automatically labeled as bigoted and hateful and a whole other slew of words. It's not fair that I have homosexuality shoved in my face 24-7, but when I try to speak up against that, I'm evil and "intolerant."

Upvote 0

Starscream

Mar 2, 2002
✟4,057.00
It's not about being prejudiced and judgemental. It's about standing up for what people believe to be morally right, and not giving in to what's politically correct.

I think it also about learning from the past...

The thread title is "Help prevent gay adoptions in FL".

What would you think if the title said, "Help prevent the freedom of negro slaves in FL"? 

How many self-righteous dolts would of took a stand against black emancipation in the 1850's?  How would their excuses for such behavior differ from yours?

Upvote 0

IslandBreeze

Caribbean Queen
Sep 2, 2002
✟18,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Actually, a majority of the people in this country thought that slavery was wrong back then. And they DID stand up for it. Remember the Civil War? That was totally different though; they weren't subjecting small children to a sinful lifestyle.

Upvote 0

Starscream

Mar 2, 2002
✟4,057.00
A VERY small minority believes it's okay,

That is false information, read here:

Supporters of same-sex adoption now outnumber opponents, if only slightly, for the first time in 10 years of polling on the subject. Forty-seven percent think gay couples should be legally permitted to adopt while slightly fewer, 42 percent, disagree.

(Notice also that the more educated you are, the more you support gay adoption.  Also note that the southenerns oppose it more than any other region).

and in this country, majority rules. The majority sets the norms of society, and, either you confirm to those norms, or you don't participate in activities.

Well, there you go, you said it.  Majority rules.  And now the majority favors gay adoption.  Case closed.  Thank you.

Upvote 0

Inspired

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually, a majority of the people in this country thought that slavery was wrong back then. And they DID stand up for it. Remember the Civil War? That was totally different though; they weren't subjecting small children to a sinful lifestyle.

But that's just the point you are claiming the bible says homosexuality is a sin. That should have no bearing in the court room, separation of church and state.
That is the problem, they shouldn't be allowed to make decisions based on the beliefs of one religious sec of the population, it's unconstitutuional, not everyone's religion believes homosexaulity is wrong.
And not all christians do either.

Upvote 0

Inspired

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
(Notice also that the more educated you are, the more you support gay adoption. Also note that the southenerns oppose it more than any other region).

:rolleyes: I live in the south, lol
not ALL of us are well huked on phuniks, but yea, most of them are my neighbors. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inspired

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by Starscream

That is true, Inspired.  Even in this thread you will see Christians who fully support gay adoption.

One has to wonder what kind of "values" one must hold in order to deprive a child of a loving home. [/B]

Not only that but I know several kids who have been put on the streets after their parents find out they are gay.
I will never understand how a parent can throw their child out on the street.

Upvote 0

Starscream

Mar 2, 2002
✟4,057.00
Originally posted by Inspired
Not only that but I know several kids who have been put on the streets after their parents find out they are gay.

Yeah, a good friend of mine came out of the closet to find that his father won't talk to him anymore.  Way to be a good parent.

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Inspired

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your site looks like nothing more than liberal propaganda to me. It's the same thing; you BULLY people into believing your way or you shame them or insult them if they disagree.

ok I read back was this referring to the ABC link starscream posted?

"This ABCNEWS.com survey was conducted by telephone March 27-31, 2002, among a random national sample of 1,031 adults"

Do you think they called people and insulted them until they took the survey?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Originally posted by Inspired

That makes two of us.  I loved my children unconditionally before they were even born without knowing a thing about them.  Finding out that one or more of them are gay isn't going to change that.

Upvote 0

Starscream

Mar 2, 2002
✟4,057.00
Your site looks like nothing more than liberal propaganda to me. It's the same thing; you BULLY people into believing your way or you shame them or insult them if they disagree.

ummm ... 'my' site just happens to be ABCNEWS.com.  I doubt very much you would call it propaganda if it actually supported your view.

Of course it has to be propaganda to you though, it has just has to.  How else can you remain ignorant to the fact that more and more Americans support gay adoption?

How ironic that you accuse me of spreading 'liberal progranda' in one sentence and then accuse me of shaming and insulting others in the next.

This is why debating this stuff with religious zealots is a head-bangin-against-wall expericence...

1)  They assert erroneous information that is nothing more than a plea to ignorance.

2)  You point out their information is incorrect (by actually doing some research!)

3)  You get flamed for being a liberal propagandists.

There you go!  3 easy steps!  And no one learns a thing ...

Upvote 0

Inspired

Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Florida's 1977 law is the only law in the nation that bans gays and lesbians from adopting children

Currently, only six states around the country (Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Oklahoma, Texas and Utah) are considering or have recently considered bans on gay and lesbian foster care and/or adoption. parents.

Like other adults in this country, the majority of lesbians and gay men are in stable committed relationships. Of course some of these relationships have problems, as do some heterosexual relationships. The adoption and foster care screening process is very rigorous, including extensive home visits and interviews of prospective parents. It is designed to screen out those individuals who are not qualified to adopt or be foster parents, for whatever reason. All of the evidence shows that lesbians and gay men can and do make good parents. The American Psychological Association, in a recent report reviewing the research (http://www.apa.org/pi/lgbc/), observed that "not a single study has found children of gay or lesbian parents to be disadvantaged in any significant respect relative to children of heterosexual parents," and concluded that "home environments provided by gay and lesbian parents are as likely as those provided by heterosexual parents to support and enable children's psychosocial growth." That is why the Child Welfare League of America, the nation's oldest children's advocacy organization, and the North American Council on Adoptable Children say that gays and lesbians seeking to adopt should be evaluated just like other adoptive applicants.
Children without homes do not have the option of choosing between a married mother and father or some other type of parent(s). These children have neither a mother nor a father, married or unmarried. There simply are not enough married mothers and fathers who are interested in adoption and foster care. Our adoption and foster care policies must deal with reality, or these children will never have stable and loving homes.
Right now there is a critical shortage of adoptive and foster parents in the United States. As a result, many children have no permanent homes, while others are forced to survive in an endless series of substandard foster homes. It is estimated that there are 500,000 children in foster care nationally, and 100,000 need to be adopted. But last year there were qualified adoptive parents available for only 20,000 of these children. Many of these children have historically been viewed as "unadoptable" because they are not healthy white infants. Instead, they are often minority children and/or adolescents, many with significant health problems. There is much evidence documenting the serious damage suffered by children without permanent homes who are placed in substandard foster homes. Children frequently become victims of the "foster care shuffle," in which they are moved from temporary home to temporary home. A child stuck in permanent foster care can live in 20 or more homes by the time she reaches 18. It is not surprising, therefore, that long-term foster care is associated with increased emotional problems, delinquency, substance abuse and academic problems.
There is no connection between homosexuality and pedophilia. All of the legitimate scientific evidence shows that. Sexual orientation, whether heterosexual or homosexual, is an adult sexual attraction to others. Pedophilia, on the other hand, is an adult sexual attraction to children. Ninety percent of child abuse is committed by heterosexual men. In one study of 269 cases of child sexual abuse, only two offenders were gay or lesbian. Of the cases studied involving molestation of a boy by a man, 74 percent of the men were or had been in a heterosexual relationship with the boy's mother or another female relative. The study concluded that "a child's risk of being molested by his or her relative's heterosexual partner is over 100 times greater than by someone who might be identifiable as being homosexual, lesbian, or bisexual.

Upvote 0

PastorFreud

Lie back on the couch.
Oct 25, 2002
✟6,612.00
Faith
Protestant
Originally posted by LouisBooth
Well a random sample doesn't always mean a random sample... ;) besides I wouldn't say that 1000 people are truely representative of the whole nation, but that's just me. I'd say bump up the sample size to 10,000.

It is true that statistics can be twisted to support the opposite of what they really say.  But on the other hand, I doubt an organization like ABCNews could keep their credibility if they intentionally produced flawed data.  With the right sampling techiniques, 1000 people can be sufficient to predict attitudes and opinions. 

But what the heck.  Let's just attack all data we don't like by suggesting a conspiracy... ;)

Upvote 0