Help prevent gay adoptions in FL

Originally posted by Tyler

Even if it's against God's will, you'll still stand by your beliefs? God clearly states that the gay lifestyle is an abomination to Him. You would jeopardize the welfare of innocent children so that the supreme selfishness of the homosexual can be appeased by adopting?? What about the rights of a child? There are so many people that have a solid home that want to adopt and they have to be put on a waiting list for years. There is no need for gays to adopt, nor for abortions. You can call me close minded if you like, but remember there will be a price for having this so called "open mind." You know who said, "I will repay according to ones deeds."

Tyler

Religion has no bearing on the government. There for can you name one reason gays should not be allowed to adopt that has nothing to do with your belief in god..

Upvote 0

Corey

Veteran
Mar 7, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
✟18,987.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Tyler wrote:

Even if it's against God's will, you'll still stand by your beliefs? God clearly states that the gay lifestyle is an abomination to Him.

Here, here. Let's add to that list:

1)Those Godless and apostate geographers who insist that Earth is a deformed sphere despite God's Holy Word that it is a quadrilateral polygon <slap> circle <slap> polygon <slap>.

2)Those heretics who wear clothes with two different weaves. They must be stoned to death as per God's will.

3)Those Godless football players who would dare touch pigskin must have their unclean hands cut off.

You would jeopardize the welfare of innocent children so that the supreme selfishness of the homosexual can be appeased by adopting??

You are clearly not blind, so why do you keep lying about gay lifestyles harming children? All methodologically sound data shows that your statements are not true.

http://www.apa.org/pi/parent.html

What about the rights of a child?

Yes, what about the rights of a child who languishes for years in foster care, possibly being abused as their is a higher rate of that in foster homes when there are perfectly good gay people willing to provide a loving caring home for them.

There are so many people that have a solid home that want to adopt and they have to be put on a waiting list for years.

Logical fallacy: Straw man-those people are waiting for infants, not preteen and teenage children which compose most of the system, not to mention HIV-positive babies that no one wants.

There is no need for gays to adopt, nor for abortions.

Yes there is, for the reasons mentioned above.

You can call me close minded if you like, but remember there will be a price for having this so called "open mind."

Okay, I will. Yes, I know well the price of an open mind. It means I must think for myself and use reason and evidence to decide my actions as opposed to blind, unthinking faith.

You know who said, "I will repay according to ones deeds."

Be careful what you wish for because you may get it.

Upvote 0

Catchup

Feb 20, 2002
Earth bound
Visit site
✟2,012.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Fallen: Good name....So you want an answer that is against the views of God. You believe there is more wisdom to be had outside of his word? All other information is earthly. There is no wisdom outside of God. It changes with the wind and public opinion. Humans regrettably have more inclination to please other humans. They will say and do what ever is popular at the time. Please find two different articles released by the same organization….

Is the sexual orientation of gay parents harmful to their children?
Resources used to support "yes."
Sexual orientation of a parent is critical to the up-bringing of a child. Society is based on the ideal of having heterosexual parents and it goes against values for same-sex parents to raise children. Having homosexual parents is also a major stressor for a child due to society's norms and values - it can cause embarrassment and abnormal feelings. Children who are raised in "alternative family lifestyles" are more likely to engage in drugs and negative feeling towards their parents and themselves than children raised by normal families. {Debra Busher]

Is the sexual orientation of gay parents harmful to their children?
Resources used to support "no."
Parenthood involves a relationship of care, support and responsibility for raising a child. Children have no problems understanding love and do not start out with preconceived notions of whom they should and shouldn't love. Many studies have shown that homosexual parents can raise healthy, happy and well-adjusted children just as successfully as can heterosexual parents. And children of homosexual parents are no more likely to become gay than children of heterosexual parents. (Dawn Burden

I think I will stay with the word of the one who never changes......GOD!

:) LOVE

Upvote 0

cdouglas76

Mar 16, 2002
Tampa
✟184.00
Faith
Christian
Fellow Brothers and sisters, we should stop debating for awhile and take action...Rosie O’Donnell is hell-bent on placing parentless children into corrupt homes. (see the news article below) Those of us who are strong in the word know this is an abomination! PLEASE go back to the beggining of this thread and send out an email to your friends to help stop her!!

From the News:

Rosie urges Florida lawmakers to repeal ban on gay adoptions

TALLAHASSEE - Talk show host Rosie O’Donnell bought full page ads in four Florida newspapers today urging the Legislature to repeal a law that bans gays from adopting children.

O’Donnell, who recently said she is a lesbian, has a home in Miami Beach and has adopted three children outside Florida.

Members of Florida’s Legislature say they can’t consider Rosie’s request for changing the law, at least not this year. They conclude their 60-day regular session tomorrow. There are no bills addressing the issue.

O’Donnell said in a telephone interview from New York that she hopes to have legislation filed for next year’s regular session.

In the meantime, she said she plans to keep the debate alive.

O’Donnell placed ads in The Miami Herald, the Tallahassee Democrat, the Orlando Sentinel and the South Florida Sun-Sentinel of Fort Lauderdale. The Herald ad alone cost more than $35,000.

Source: http://www.wtsp.com/news/2002_03/22_gay_adopt.htm

Upvote 0

Josiah

Super suction ears away!
Jan 20, 2002
Florida
Visit site
✟716.00
When people are elected to office who have Godly values and make wise Godly decisions, we need to support them with all we have in us! God seems to have raised a group into office across the board that seem to have these values (Bush, Ashcroft, etc.)
Does anyone have any information on how or who to contact (e-mail, phone, address, telegraph :) ) to voice support for this and future supportable decisions?

Upvote 0
Originally posted by cdouglas76
Fellow Brothers and sisters, we should stop debating for awhile and take action...Rosie O’Donnell is hell-bent on placing parentless children into corrupt homes. (see the news article below) Those of us who are strong in the word know this is an abomination! PLEASE go back to the beggining of this thread and send out an email to your friends to help stop her!!

No!!!

Upvote 0

Corey

Veteran
Mar 7, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
✟18,987.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Catchup:
So you want an answer that is against the views of God. You believe there is more wisdom to be had outside of his word?

Then what are you doing on a computer as it is outside God's Word? Logically, to be within God's Word, you must renounce the use of computers, modern medicine, modern transportation, and all things not mentioned in the Bible.

All other information is earthly. There is no wisdom outside of God. It changes with the wind and public opinion. Humans regrettably have more inclination to please other humans. They will say and do what ever is popular at the time. Please find two different articles released by the same organization….

Which organization? I've never heard of either woman.

cdouglas76 wrote:

I'm not even going to bother pointing out all the logical fallacies in your post, but they all are basically instantiations of Argumentum ad Hominem, Appeal to Emotion, and Appeal to Consequences.

Josiah wrote:

When people are elected to office who have Godly values and make wise Godly decisions, we need to support them with all we have in us! God seems to have raised a group into office across the board that seem to have these values (Bush, Ashcroft, etc.)

This relates to the thread how?

On a general note, I find it interesting that no one who is against gay people adopting even seem to try to refute my arguments.

[Edited for grammar.]

Upvote 0

I'd tell them about the saving grace of Jesus Christ then if they still continued in their perversion I would not have anything to do with them.

Would Jesus refuse to have anything to do with a sinner, after only one meeting?
I am sure it took more than one meeting with Mary Magdalen to convert her life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Originally posted by Corey

On a general note, I find it interesting that no one who is against gay people adopting even seem to try to refute my arguments.

[Edited for grammar.]

Get used to it Corey. I have asked these questions numerous times and received no response:

((What's next? Do we take away the children of heterosexual couples who are not Christians? Hey we might as well. They will probably raise their kids to be jaded against immorality or something. That would just be like child abuse.
Is that the next step? Noone can have children at all, unless we Christians approve of their morals?))

I guess that's a tough question for them and it forces them to step out from behind the pre fabricated arguments that they have been practicing for years.

Skirting the tough questions is bad debating, and it takes away from your credibility.

Upvote 0

Corey

Veteran
Mar 7, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
✟18,987.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Corey fill me in. What arguments do you want me to refute.

See the top of page 21 for the complete list but it boils down to:

1)Why is one part of the Bible (i.e., homosexuals are sinners) more valid than others (flat-Earth, stone those wearing two different weaves of clothes, do not eat swineflesh)?

2)Offer scientifically valid evidence (i.e., peer-reviewed and methodologically sound collection methods) that refutes the Amer. Psych. Assoc.

Upvote 0

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Even if it's against God's will, you'll still stand by your beliefs? God clearly states that the gay lifestyle is an abomination to Him. You would jeopardize the welfare of innocent children so that the supreme selfishness of the homosexual can be appeased by adopting?? What about the rights of a child? There are so many people that have a solid home that want to adopt and they have to be put on a waiting list for years. There is no need for gays to adopt, nor for abortions. You can call me close minded if you like, but remember there will be a price for having this so called "open mind." You know who said, "I will repay according to ones deeds."

Tyler
whatever...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Originally posted by MyJhongFist

Would Jesus refuse to have anything to do with a sinner, after only one meeting?
I am sure it took more than one meeting with Mary Magdalen to convert her life.

Prove it! Show me in scripture, where gay adoption is pleasing to God! Show me in scripture where Jesus had to continually chase after Mary to change her life. Show me in scripture and I will respond , till then you are just stating your own opinions. Unfortunately for you God's word carries a little more weight than yours.

Upvote 0