✟18,987.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
rollinTHUNDER said:

Who made these idiots the final authority, I mean the American Pediatrics Association?? My friend, I don't know if you have noticed it or not, but these are the days when the blind lead the blind. Now you are going to start getting your morals from doctors?? What Bible have you been reading??

They seem to have a good moral code: Harm none; I see no reason not to listen to them. I know what you mean about the blind leading the blind. That's why I'm here; to show to people the light of thinking for yourselves.

As for the Bible I'm reading. I've read from the Way (Tyndale: Wheaton, IL). I just interpret within the context in which it was written (for a Bronze and Iron Age cultures. Most of it is irrelevant to modern Information Age societies. I also do not let it do my thinking for me.

Wizard's Sixth Rule: The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason (Terry Goodkind: Faith of the Fallen, 2000).

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Corey
rollinTHUNDER said:

They seem to have a good moral code: Harm none; I see no reason not to listen to them. I know what you mean about the blind leading the blind. That's why I'm here; to show to people the light of thinking for yourselves.

As for the Bible I'm reading. I've read from the Way (Tyndale: Wheaton, IL). I just interpret within the context in which it was written (for a Bronze and Iron Age cultures. Most of it is irrelevant to modern Information Age societies. I also do not let it do my thinking for me.

Wizard's Sixth Rule: The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason (Terry Goodkind: Faith of the Fallen, 2000).

The reason you are having trouble understanding scripture is that it must be spiritually discerned. In order to do that you must be indwelt with the Holy Spirit. The bible is a spirit filled document, natural people cannot discern it. Hope this sheds some light on your studying.

Upvote 0

Corey

Veteran
Mar 7, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
✟18,987.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The reason you are having trouble understanding scripture is that it must be spiritually discerned.

I didn't say I had trouble understanding it. I interpret it within the context of which it was written, an entirely different context than today.

Upvote 0

Corey

Veteran
Mar 7, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
✟18,987.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Funny, I feel just fine. My connection with God is likely better than yours since I get my personal relevations from nature and reason rather than an oft-translated, oft-wrong book written by men, possibly with God's influence, but not His Hand.

Otherwise how do you account for the errors in information on simple things like geography. If God wrote the book, then why didn't He get the shape of Earth correct?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally posted by Tyler
Oh, c'mon amie, whats the problem? Stand on your own two feet. Do you need someone to prop you up?
excuse me Tyler??!! I am standing on my own feet..go back and read the thread, I am standing behind my beliefs in regards to this, I have not wavered, not will I...whats your problem???? Why are you so threatened by homosexuality????

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Originally posted by Josiah
You talk about standing up for everyone's rights across the board without bias. You think it's OK for a person to choose if he or she dies or not. I guess you're OK with abortion too?

You would be wrong about that. An unborn child is a life unto itself. There is a HUGE difference between making a choice for your own life and making that decision for another.

See what assumptions can do? Sad really. You automatically assumed that just because I disagreed with you on this subject, that I condoned abortion as well. I guess that's what happens when you lump everyone into 2 categories: Those who agree with you, and those who hate God and His laws in every way.

People are more complex than that, you know.

Originally posted by Josiah
Is the World System and the rights it invokes more important than God?

No. But since we have to exist in this world, we have the obligation to try to make its laws and ordinances as fair and balanced as possible.
Many assume that because we are Christians, that nothing in this world should matter at all. I do not agree.

You don't believe homosexuals should adopt. Fine, that's your right to believe that. But let me ask you this: What's next? Do we take away the children of heterosexual couples who are not Christians? Hey we might as well. They will probably raise their kids to be jaded against immorality or something. That would just be like child abuse.
Is that the next step? Noone can have children at all, unless we Christians approve of their morals?

Upvote 0
Originally posted by amie
Tyler...on second though, I have better things to do than respond to close minded people...

Even if it's against God's will, you'll still stand by your beliefs? God clearly states that the gay lifestyle is an abomination to Him. You would jeopardize the welfare of innocent children so that the supreme selfishness of the homosexual can be appeased by adopting?? What about the rights of a child? There are so many people that have a solid home that want to adopt and they have to be put on a waiting list for years. There is no need for gays to adopt, nor for abortions. You can call me close minded if you like, but remember there will be a price for having this so called "open mind." You know who said, "I will repay according to ones deeds."

Tyler

Upvote 0