Hello. I have some Questions.

V

veniapluvia

I am really bored with my life.
Recently I've been feeling a deep sadness and I'm crying all the time and I don't know why.
My life feels really boring and empty.
All the things that I used to find enjoyable no longer interest me =(
A couple of years ago when I worked full time, I was really tired and exhausted all the time and just not coping with life.
So I'm glad I work part time rather than full time.
But even work feels like just a distraction from something.
As soon as I get home from work, even though I'm tired, I feel really bored.
Nothing excites me anymore.
Nothing makes me feel happy.
I just don't feel myself anymore.
I just feel really flat and dull and upset and overwhelmed.
I feel really restless in my spirit recently.
I don't know what to do.
Please help me if you have any ideas or advice or encouragement.
Thanks.

I do hope this is the correct place for me to write.

footprints1973

He is carrying me....
May 27, 2007
Florida
✟8,724.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a doctor or anything, but is it possible that you may be suffering from depression. I have had spells of this in the past. It is very, very common and has many different symptoms, such as the ones you are describing.

My advice is to talk to your doctor. He or she may be able to discuss treatment options for you, whether it be lifestyle changes, a counselor, or medication.

You have many options....and you are not alone!

hugs!
Praying for you!!!!:prayer:
God Bless,
Laura

Upvote 0

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have a lot of experience with depression and you do sound as if you should see your family doctor for a complete physical and then ask for a referral to a therapist for depression, and possibly some medications. Discuss all of what you wrote with your doctor. He/she can guide you in the next step.

Upvote 0

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am really bored with my life.
Recently I've been feeling a deep sadness and I'm crying all the time and I don't know why.
My life feels really boring and empty.
All the things that I used to find enjoyable no longer interest me =(
A couple of years ago when I worked full time, I was really tired and exhausted all the time and just not coping with life.
So I'm glad I work part time rather than full time.
But even work feels like just a distraction from something.
As soon as I get home from work, even though I'm tired, I feel really bored.
Nothing excites me anymore.
Nothing makes me feel happy.
I just don't feel myself anymore.
I just feel really flat and dull and upset and overwhelmed.
I feel really restless in my spirit recently.
I don't know what to do.
Please help me if you have any ideas or advice or encouragement.
Thanks.

I do hope this is the correct place for me to write.

MY DEAR SISTER,

As has already been noted above, your description of your negative feelings could well be symptoms of depression, and it would be well for you to get this checked out with your Doctor.

However, these feelings could also be symptoms of your need, as a Christian, to get involved in a Spirit-led effort to get out of yourself and be of service to those in need. Perhaps meaningful volunteer work through your Church or in your community would take your mind off of yourself and onto performing services for others as Christians are required to do as instruments of God's peace in the lives of others.

i am sure that there are a multitude of opportunities to serve others easily available to you. Check them out and see if your boredom and lack of happiness doesn't disappear as you benefit others in God's Name.

A BOND-SLAVE OF CHRIST,
ephraim

Upvote 0

mrscplus

Jul 8, 2007
Toronto
✟8,162.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ditto on the need to see a doctor. Your description reads as depression at first, but it could also be a Thyroid imbalance...

Have you had any significant weight changes?

I'll be praying for you...feeling like that is no fun at all.
My sister went through this, and it was her thyroid, with the right medicine, she got her life back.

Upvote 0

1Newcreation

Veteran
May 5, 2006
E. Coast USA.
✟17,078.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
As others have suggested, I think this would warrant going to a doctor just to get checked out.

Also some of the symptoms you describe can also be a lack of 'B' complex vitamins. Yes that is right. Tiredness, lack of interest, crying, etc...believe it or not, B vitamins are essential for our mental and physical health and many many women are low in these, more so than men. It is not only a good thing to take a supplement, but also make sure one gets the full spectrum through eating the right foods.

I hope you take some of the suggestions into consideration, get some help and you feel more balanced and enjoying life again really soon.

God Bless you

:) 1newcreation

Upvote 0
V

veniapluvia

Thank you everyone for your thoughtful ideas. I appreciate your help alot. Thanks! Perhaps I shall indeed visit my Dr. soon and he can give me some professional advice. I like the idea of volunteering because it does feel good to help people. Maybe I am just too isolated and need to interact with people more. I am quite introverted though so being social doesn't come easily to me. Someone mentioned weight changes. I have lost weight recently. How is weight related? Please tell me more about this. Thankyou very much.

Upvote 0