Heaven—What is the barebones,minimum requirement to get there?

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So the only “ requirement “ is belief ,Correct ?

Forgive me, I don't want to step on any toes, but you have to commit to a lifetime of cooperation with Jesus, every minute of every day. If you refuse to commit, then God will refuse to say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant..." Then where will you be?

Upvote 0

jmldn2

Site Supporter
Nov 20, 2013
✟85,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Forgive me, I don't want to step on any toes, but you have to commit to a lifetime of cooperation with Jesus, every minute of every day. If you refuse to commit, then God will refuse to say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant..." Then where will you be?

As far as salvation goes, IMO and what I believe to be biblical, salvation is a free gift we are to accept. As for committing to a lifetime of cooperation with Jesus, that comes from growing and maturing in the knowledge of Him. Just saying.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
cultivate a heart that desires to do the utmost for His Highness instead of looking to do the least you have to do for the kingdom to squeak by.

those who adopt a "bare minimum" attitude are like kane who's sacrifice was rejected.

I hope i am not being misunderstood— I am not looking for the “bare minimum”. I want the full treatment.I want the abundant life Jesus promised.my real purpose for the question is to see how various people add to the Gospel of Paul

Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SkyWriting said:

Nearly all sins can be forgiven.

"“Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven." Matthew 12:31

That blasphemy is unbelief, that is, rejection of Jesus Christ as God and Savior. If a person rejects Jesus Christ, they do not have a repentant heart, so their sins are not forgiven.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That blasphemy is unbelief, that is, rejection of Jesus Christ as God and Savior. If a person rejects Jesus Christ, they do not have a repentant heart, so their sins are not forgiven.

Amen !! All people in hell will have one sin in common....the sin of unbelief....faith saves you....no faith damns you

• Agree
Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are no requirements for salvation. Salvation is a free gift. Believe it and live.
This sounds good. But if I were to tell you that I buried 1Bill in your backyard and if is yours free of charge to deliver you from all the cares and bills of this world......It will do you no good to just say you believe me and continue on with your Job and bill paying. You still have to go and get it and be delivered.....be saved.

It is not enough to just Call Him Lord Lord.....you have to do what he says...

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Amen !! All people in hell will have one sin in common....the sin of unbelief....faith saves you....no faith damns you
The bible states that demons believe.....Are they saved and in heaven?

• Winner
Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The bible states that demons believe.....Are they saved and in heaven?

I have seen this verse abused many times....in a time when religions had dozen,if not thousands of “gods” ,people thought they were hot stuff and enlightened to believe in “one god “ James rightly pointed out that even the demons knew that. It meant nothing. God demands faith.As Fallen angels,,they actually were witness to God and Heaven and all the things we have to have faith to believe. It Requires NO FAITH to believe what you’ve seen with your own eyes.Seeing first hand how Glorious God was, they opted to put their faith in Satan instead.. the rest , as they say, is history.

Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This sounds good. But if I were to tell you that I buried 1Bill in your backyard and if is yours free of charge to deliver you from all the cares and bills of this world......It will do you no good to just say you believe me and continue on with your Job and bill paying. You still have to go and get it and be delivered.....be saved.

It is not enough to just Call Him Lord Lord.....you have to do what he says...

Once when the disciples were flabbergasted,they asked Jesus what did God want them to do...He could have said a million different things....He said this—BELIEVE on the one God sent. All the “ doing “ will follow

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,638.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
That seems to be the majority opinion as to what it means to commit blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. In that respect you are in good company.

But that is a theological conclusion and not a strict reading of the passage.

Webster (and Cambridge) say that blasphemy is:
the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God
the act of claiming the attributes of a deity
irreverence toward something considered sacred or inviolable

Jesus said, "Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the one to come".

Therefore, considered in context, the generally accepted interpretation concerning blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is incorrect even if it does seem to follow logically in a theological way.

• Agree
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
How do you show that you have faith in jesus?

By the quality of a changed life, by your giving up sinful habits, adopting more 'healthy' or 'helpful' habits.
Things like stopping swearing, getting drunk/drugs, speeding, paying all ones taxes, not watching inappropriate content etc etc etc

None of these make one a Christian, they arejust signs of a changed life.
There are many clean living unregenerate people.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have seen this verse abused many times....in a time when religions had dozen,if not thousands of “gods” ,people thought they were hot stuff and enlightened to believe in “one god “ James rightly pointed out that even the demons knew that. It meant nothing. God demands faith.As Fallen angels,,they actually were witness to God and Heaven and all the things we have to have faith to believe. It Requires NO FAITH to believe what you’ve seen with your own eyes.Seeing first hand how Glorious God was, they opted to put their faith in Satan instead.. the rest , as they say, is history.
You seem to have all the answers already. But remember, The pharisees didnt serve Satan knowingly. They just believed they had all the answers as well, and no one could tell them any different......They just happened to be wrong...... They would only agree with those who said things that lined up with their view of scripture......everyone else they crucified.....

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You seem to have all the answers already. But remember, The pharisees didnt serve Satan knowingly. They just believed they had all the answers as well, and no one could tell them any different......They just happened to be wrong...... They would only agree with those who said things that lined up with their view of scripture......everyone else they crucified.....

I don’t have all the answers....not even close...I share what I think and what I have been taught and try to pass on any thing of value that I can.i could be wrong about everything I know.how about you? Your ignorant comparison of me to a Pharisee is hogwash.The hallmark of being a Pharisee was that they were self-righteous, they thought knowing the law saved them.They new the letter of the law but not the Spirit of the law.God forbid that “they” might need a Saviour!! If you want to compare me to a Pharisee,you should know my own self-evaluation.When Paul described himself as “chief of sinners”, I believe he rushed to judgement —he did know of me! For purposes of comparisons in regard to me, look at the publican that cried out—-“ have mercy on me ,a sinner” who do you identify with and why?

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don’t have all the answers....not even close...I share what I think and what I have been taught and try to pass on any thing of value that I can.i could be wrong about everything I know.how about you? Your ignorant comparison of me to a Pharisee is hogwash.The hallmark of being a Pharisee was that they were self-righteous, they thought knowing the law saved them.They new the letter of the law but not the Spirit of the law.God forbid that “they” might need a Saviour!! If you want to compare me to a Pharisee,you should know my own self-evaluation.When Paul described himself as “chief of sinners”, I believe he rushed to judgement —he did know of me! For purposes of comparisons in regard to me, look at the publican that cried out—-“ have mercy on me ,a sinner” who do you identify with and why?
Actually i wasnt comparing you to a pharisee. They had a command of the scripture, that I do not see in you. They spent their whole lives studying it....and were called masters and lawyers for a reason. One would be lucky to have the knowledge of the law that they had. And before you renounce all comparisons to them...know that not all of them were lost.

The reason I mentioned them was because I thought you were referring to them when you stated "Seeing first hand how Glorious God was, they opted to put their faith in Satan instead." I thought you were referencing the fact that Jesus Told them that their father was the devil.

Seeing as how, you are looking to find offense and not the edify or learn....I will now leave this thread...

• Agree
Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Seeing oneself as a lost sinner who needs a Saviour,would be my guess....Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner is adequate to save ,I think.....anybody out there see things differently than I do?

Acts 16:30-31 show the minimum
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Upvote 0