Heaven—What is the barebones,minimum requirement to get there?

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Whatever Paul mentioned should match up with God's/Christ's gospel, not the other way round.

Paul was only appointed as the apostle to the Gentiles, as a replacement for Judas Iscariot, after the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ. Paul was not the only apostle of Christ. In fact, Paul likely never heard from Jesus Christ in the flesh, unlike the other 11 apostles and 108 disciples of Christ who spent about 3 years with Christ.

Which apostle did Jesus Christ love the most.?

Christians have taken for granted that Paul preached the Gospel for millenia. Unless you want to join the ranks of the fringe of liberal Protestantism, we have to take him seriously as a witness to the faith.

Whether Paul saw Jesus on earth in his ministry or in heaven doesn't matter, really. At least in my denomination, we do not distinguish between the two, it's the same person who is Lord.

Again, you'ld fit in with liberal Protestants like Albert Schweitzer just fine (he believed Paul created orthodox Christianity based on mystical experiences and Jesus was a failed messiah), but most Christians historically have seen what you are talking about as beyond the pale.

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul spent three years with Jesus,just like the disciples ,except with Paul it was one- on- one in the desert.
Scripture quote please.
Jesus loved John . “ the disciple Jesus loved”. Don’t think it says He loved him the most, but He May have. Is that important to you?
Yes, because John's message would be closest to Jesus Christ's message, and not Paul's message. That was why God gave the REVELATION to John and not to Paul.

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christians have taken for granted that Paul preached the Gospel for millenia. Unless you want to join the ranks of the fringe of liberal Protestantism, we have to take him seriously as a witness to the faith.
We have to also take this Scriptural curse/punishment from God upon Paul for his sins/evil-deeds seriously, ...

ACTS.9: = 15 But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel. 16 For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name’s sake.”

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Scripture quote please.

Yes, because John's message would be closest to Jesus Christ's message, and not Paul's message. That was why God gave the REVELATION to John and not to Paul.

Gal1:17......a lot of the events Paul talked about here are rather mysterious and others see it different from the many preachers that I have listened to

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul spent three years with Jesus,just like the disciples ,except with Paul it was one- on- one in the desert.

Gal1:17......a lot of the events Paul talked about here are rather mysterious and others see it different from the many preachers that I have listened to
GAL.1:17 does not truly say what you said earlier about Paul, ie Paul was one-on-one with Jesus in the desert for 3 years.
... Seems, you may have added to the Scripture.
GAL.1: =
15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, 16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.

Contacts at Jerusalem
18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
GAL.1:17 does not truly say what you said earlier about Paul, ie Paul was one-on-one with Jesus in the desert for 3 years.
... Seems, you may have added to the Scripture.
GAL.1: =
15 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother’s womb and called me through His grace, 16 to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately confer with flesh and blood, 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went to Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.

Contacts at Jerusalem
18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days.

As i said there is room for different theories as to how this played out.the proponents talk about other times Paul mentioned face to face encounters and believe he is referring to his Sinai experience.the disciples spent three years with Jesus and proponents say this Three years that Paul was with Jesus was so he could claim that his credentials were as good as the disciples. Some say it took three years to get the “ Pharisee” out of him.anyone is free to agree or disagree.

Upvote 0

Episaw

Always learning
Nov 12, 2010
Drouin, Victoria, Australia
✟38,829.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Would this work? Paul said it is the Gospel thAt saves if it is believed.... 1cor15
It worked on the day of Pentecost. How many saved do we have today at a meeting. Then it was 3,000.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Seeing oneself as a lost sinner who needs a Saviour,would be my guess....Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner is adequate to save ,I think.....anybody out there see things differently than I do?
The answer is easy. Repent. Read Matthew 4:17.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Leo

Dec 18, 2017
Cork
✟16,857.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The bare minimum to get to heaven is to trust and believe in Jesus. Jesus told us how to get to heaven.
It’s a very very narrow road and few who find it. Free gift?? Then those on the wide road should also be saved, but their not.
The bare minimum to get to heaven is for you to turn back to God. The word is called REPENTANCE and requires our free will to choose.
We walk in faith of this repentance and we live our lives according to the Bible. This then should see us living our lives as Jesus did.
Believe! People say, The demons also believe and shudder.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums