"He who practices righteousness is righteous" (1 John 3:7)

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not talking about good works, they are relevant post Salvation. Salvation is unto good works and not because of good works. Salvation is of Grace alone !
Amen!
What if we are not walking unto the good works in this "post salvation", that God hath before ordained that we should walk in?
(Eph 2:10 [KJV])
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Salvation is by Grace through Faith Eph 2:8, the Saved believed because of Grace Acts 18:27
27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through[because of] grace:

Because of means, the reason or cause of ! Grace causes men to believe.

"Because" means, the grace was made available by God to those who would believe.

How do we know?
Because that is the Gospel:

John 3:14-18 (WEB)
14 As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 17 For God didn’t send his Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through him. 18 He who believes in him is not judged. He who doesn’t believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the one and only Son of God.

You have seen already how God accredited righteousness to Abraham because he believed God.

Romans 4:3 (WEB)
3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” [Genesis 15:6]

And we know faith is not a work - rather the GIFT is accredited to those who believe:

Romans 4:4-5 (NIV) 4 Now to the one who works, his wages are not credited as a gift but as an obligation. 5 However, to the one who does not work but trusts God who justifies the ungodly, their faith is credited as righteousness.

In all the Scriptures, from Genesis to Revelation, God offers His grace to all people.

God reasons with us, and calls us to repentance, but God never states or teaches anywhere that grace causes anyone to believe.

You quote the following Scripture as follows:

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

You quote it as if that is your proof.

However,
"Ephesians 2:8-9," although unclear by itself as to what "not of yourselves" is referring to:
  • whether to the grace of salvation offered,
  • or to grace and faith,
All the other Scriptures make clear what is meant.

We access all God's power and all God's grace through faith. So the grace of God is not of ourselves, rather it is the gift of God to those who believe.

Romans 5:1-2 (WEB)
5 Being therefore justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; 2 through whom we also have our access by faith into this grace in which we stand. We rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 1:16-17 (NIV)
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. 17 For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I dont have to explain them, Salvation is of Grace Eph 2:5,8-9
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

I already explained Ephesians 2:8-9 in how I believe it. You simply do not accept my explanation with Scripture because you are reading it from a wrong perspective because of a preferred Calvinistic bias that you want to be true. You said you do not have to explain anything. If so, then we are done talking. There is no further purpose to have a discussion if you are not willing to expound upon verses that clearly contradict your belief.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@Brightfame52

We are commanded to:

“Believe the gospel” (Mark 1:15).

Note: Jesus said, “repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
The word “Ye” is basically the same thing as saying: “You-all” or “everyone.”​

We are commanded to:

“Have faith in God” (Mark 11:22).

Note: Jesus said this in the presence of Peter and his disciples.
Why would Jesus need to tell them to have faith in God if faith was something only God can give to them? Also, did not the disciples have faith already by following Jesus? So this means that the disciples needed to increase their faith, and Jesus was telling them to do that. This means faith is something that they can gain access to of their own ability.​

We are commanded:

“And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.” (1 John 3:23).

Note: Why are believers commanded to believe in the name of Jesus Christ if it is something God gives to a believer?​

We are commanded:

“Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw yourselves from every brother who walks disorderly” (2 Thessalonians 3:6).

Note: It appears like you believe in easy believism with no change in one's life because you appear to be strongly against doing good works as a part of being in God's kingdom. At least that is the impression I get. If this is so, then why does the Bible tell us to withdraw ourselves from other brothers who walk disorderly?​

We are commanded:

“Keep the following commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearance of our Lord Jesus Christ: Fight the good fight of faith, and lay hold on eternal life, whereby you are called, and have professed a good profession before many witnesses” (1 Timothy 6:12-14).

Note: How exactly do you fight the good fight of faith whereby you may lay hold on eternal life? Do you even know that we Christians are in a fight?​

As for faith and regeneration:

Faith comes by hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17).
The Word of God are the words of Jesus or the words in the New Testament.
In Acts of the Apostles 3:19, people are told to repent, and then they will be converted.
2 Thessalonians 2:10 basically says that the reason why those who perish are perishing is because they received not the love of the truth that they MIGHT BE SAVED.

“And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness
in them that perish;
because they received not
the love of the truth,
that they might be saved.

(2 Thessalonians 2:10).​

Paul says vain deceivers can deny God by being disobedient and reprobate unto every good work (Titus 1:16). Also see 1 John 2:3-4.
Jesus said to cast the unprofitable servant into outer darkness (Matthew 25:30).
Jesus said this in context to the servant who was faithful over a few things and was told to enter into the joy of His Lord (Matthew 25:21). To be faithful means you are loyal. Jesus said “...why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say?” (See: Luke 6:46).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree. Good overview. I also read your other two related posts to this one. The first three aspects of salvation are correct, but I do not like to think of them as steps, lest I get the thought or notion that these are separate functions in process. I rather like to think of this as one step or process working altogether synergistically.

God's grace is offered to all through the Gospel, and those who believe (a continuous believing), God working out (through His Spirit who indwells those who believe) His will in us as we continue to believe demonstrated by following Lord Jesus (which is to walk by His Spirit in us: Romans 8:12-13; Galatians 6:7-9; Romans 8:3-4; Galatians 5:24-25) - which is the Gospel Faith) are saved. If they endure in that The Faith to the end against all the trials of this life, God grants them eternal life.

That is a loaded statement I made, and your breakdown of the process is beneficial.

Blessings

I am glad we built a bridge between what we are each saying. It sounds like we are for the same things at the core, but we each use different terminology.

May the Lord bless you greatly and may you always be kept in the power of His might and good ways.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amen!
What if we are not walking unto the good works in this "post salvation", that God hath before ordained that we should walk in?
(Eph 2:10 [KJV])
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Thats between that person and God. The Main Good works is a persons testimony of the Gospel.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I already explained Ephesians 2:8-9 in how I believe it. You simply do not accept my explanation with Scripture because you are reading it from a wrong perspective because of a preferred Calvinistic bias that you want to be true. You said you do not have to explain anything. If so, then we are done talking. There is no further purpose to have a discussion if you are not willing to expound upon verses that clearly contradict your belief.
Like I said, I dont have to explain no verses for you, you best investigate them yourself. I will tell you that Salvation is 100 % of Grace apart from works Eph 2:8-9, so thats no conditions !

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@Brightfame52

We are commanded to:

“Believe the gospel” (Mark 1:15).

Note: Jesus said, “repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
The word “Ye” is basically the same thing as saying: “You-all” or “everyone.”​

We are commanded to:

“Have faith in God” (Mark 11:22).

Note: Jesus said this in the presence of Peter and his disciples.
Why would Jesus need to tell them to have faith in God if faith was something only God can give to them? Also, did not the disciples have faith already by following Jesus? So this means that the disciples needed to increase their faith, and Jesus was telling them to do that. This means faith is something that they can gain access to of their own ability.​

We are commanded:

“And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.” (1 John 3:23).

Note: Why are believers commanded to believe in the name of Jesus Christ if it is something God gives to a believer?​

We are commanded:

“Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw yourselves from every brother who walks disorderly” (2 Thessalonians 3:6).

Note: It appears like you believe in easy believism with no change in one's life because you appear to be strongly against doing good works as a part of being in God's kingdom. At least that is the impression I get. If this is so, then why does the Bible tell us to withdraw ourselves from other brothers who walk disorderly?​

We are commanded:

“Keep the following commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearance of our Lord Jesus Christ: Fight the good fight of faith, and lay hold on eternal life, whereby you are called, and have professed a good profession before many witnesses” (1 Timothy 6:12-14).

Note: How exactly do you fight the good fight of faith whereby you may lay hold on eternal life? Do you even know that we Christians are in a fight?​

As for faith and regeneration:

Faith comes by hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17).
The Word of God are the words of Jesus or the words in the New Testament.
In Acts of the Apostles 3:19, people are told to repent, and then they will be converted.
2 Thessalonians 2:10 basically says that the reason why those who perish are perishing is because they received not the love of the truth that they MIGHT BE SAVED.

“And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness
in them that perish;
because they received not
the love of the truth,
that they might be saved.

(2 Thessalonians 2:10).​

Paul says vain deceivers can deny God by being disobedient and reprobate unto every good work (Titus 1:16). Also see 1 John 2:3-4.
Jesus said to cast the unprofitable servant into outer darkness (Matthew 25:30).
Jesus said this in context to the servant who was faithful over a few things and was told to enter into the joy of His Lord (Matthew 25:21). To be faithful means you are loyal. Jesus said “...why do you call Me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do the things which I say?” (See: Luke 6:46).
Salvation is not conditional, its by Grace, can you believe that Gospel ?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Like I said, I dont have to explain no verses for you, you best investigate them yourself. I will tell you that Salvation is 100 % of Grace apart from works Eph 2:8-9, so thats no conditions !

Well, I don't carry on Bible based conversations here for very long if a person I am talking with refuses to not explain the Word of God. Therefore, seeing you will not explain any verses I put forth to you, this conversation is done, my friend.

I am moving on from addressing your posts directly.

May you please take care.

full

And may...

full

• Agree
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well, I don't carry on Bible based conversations here for very long if a person I am talking with refuses to not explain the Word of God. Therefore, seeing you will not explain any verses I put forth to you, this conversation is done, my friend.

I am moving on from addressing your posts directly.

May you please take care.

full

And may...

full
Well have a good day!

Upvote 0

Micaiah-Imla

Aug 11, 2020
North East
✟21,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one earns salvation in the old man.

But after receiving the gift of salvation and receiving the new man, they must continue in the faith blameless; enduring to the end to see salvation realized.

This is clear teaching in the whole of scripture. The only way one gets moved away from this truth is by being overcome by the old man again and seeking teachers that will comfort them in their deceived state.

This is why it is absolutely imperative that once you begin in the faith by the word of God, that you stay in the word of God grounded and settled. Do not let men pervert the scriptures, because the scriptures are the only thing that guards against doctrines of devils. Once the pure truth of the scriptures are taken out the way, Satan and your flesh will have dominion over you.

Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
People are saved by Grace ! Nothing about a chance !
The NT repeatedly teaches that salvation can be lost
via several different ways.
Thus, God's initial grace towards the repentant sinner may NOT continue ... it depends on how His grace is received and continued.
Just E.G. ... Many verses state that one's faith MUST ENDURE
until the end of life ... for one to be saved.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Salvation is not conditional, its by Grace, can you believe that Gospel ?

Can you believe the Gospel?

John 3:14-16 (WEB) 14 As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

1 Corinthians 1:20-24 (WEB)

20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the lawyer of this world? Hasn’t God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For seeing that in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom didn’t know God, it was God’s good pleasure through the foolishness of the preaching to save those who believe.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You quote the following Scripture as follows:

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

You quote it as if that is your proof.

However,
"Ephesians 2:8-9," although unclear by itself as to what "not of yourselves" is referring to:
  • whether to the grace of salvation offered,
  • or to grace and faith,
All the other Scriptures make clear what is meant.
It is clear my friend.

The word that's gender in the clause "and that not of yourselves" is neutral. That means that it corresponds to the noun that precedes it. That would be Faith. If the gender of "that" was masculine it would correspond to the subject predicate Saved which is also masculine. But since it is neuter it corresponds to the noun that precedes it, which is Faith.

For what have we that we have not received. So think not of ourselves more highly than we ought to think; but think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man a measure of faith. For the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to benefit all.
For we are dead nevertheless we live, yet not us but Christ lives in us and the life we now live in the flesh we live by the faith of the Son of God who gave himself for us. So we need not say, bring Christ down from above. Or bring Him from below. But what? The word is nigh to us. In our heart and in our mouth; that is the word of Faith in which we preach. For it is God that works in us both to will and do His good pleasure. Christ in us the Hope of Glory. Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily. Amen!

(1Cor 4:7)
For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

(Rom 12:3)
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man a measure of faith.

(1Cor 12:7)
To each person the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the benefit of all.

(1Cor 12:9)
To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

(Gal 2:20)
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
(Rom 10:6)
But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above)

(Rom 10:7)
Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

(Rom 10:8)
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

(Col 1:27 [KJV])
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

(Col 1:28 [KJV])
Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

(Col 1:29 [KJV])
Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟376,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thats between that person and God. The Main Good works is a persons testimony of the Gospel.
What does Ephesians say in regards to bad works and those who do them?

(Eph 5:6 [KJV])
Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

(Eph 5:7 [KJV])
Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,990.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is clear my friend.

The word that's gender in the clause "and that not of yourselves" is neutral. That means that it corresponds to the noun that precedes it. That would be Faith. If the gender of "that" was masculine it would correspond to the subject predicate Saved which is also masculine. But since it is neuter it corresponds to the noun that precedes it, which is Faith.

For what have we that we have not received. So think not of ourselves more highly than we ought to think; but think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man a measure of faith. For the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to benefit all.
For we are dead nevertheless we live, yet not us but Christ lives in us and the life we now live in the flesh we live by the faith of the Son of God who gave himself for us. So we need not say, bring Christ down from above. Or bring Him from below. But what? The word is nigh to us. In our heart and in our mouth; that is the word of Faith in which we preach. For it is God that works in us both to will and do His good pleasure. Christ in us the Hope of Glory. Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily. Amen!

(1Cor 4:7)
For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

(Rom 12:3)
For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man a measure of faith.

(1Cor 12:7)
To each person the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the benefit of all.

(1Cor 12:9)
To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

(Gal 2:20)
I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
(Rom 10:6)
But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above)

(Rom 10:7)
Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)

(Rom 10:8)
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

(Col 1:27 [KJV])
To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

(Col 1:28 [KJV])
Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

(Col 1:29 [KJV])
Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Thank you for your message.

You have to understand how pronouns, nouns, subjects and objects are used together - not just comparing or matching genders.

A singular pronoun must refer to a singular masculine or neuter noun, or to an already-expressed concept (concepts do not possess gender, that is why its neuter) because modifiers must always agree with the words being modified.

In Ephesians 2:8-9, the gender and voice of the pronoun “this” – τουτο – is nominative singular neuter, in agreement with the number and voice of “gift of God”.

Nominative voice singular (ei: "this") is used exclusively for a singular subject, never an object or agent.

Therefore,

The subject is:

"gift"

"Through faith" is an object or agent by which the "gift" (the subject) is received.

"This" (TOUTO) is singular, and therefore, cannot be referring to both the subject and the agent.

And grammar will not allow "this" (TOUTO) to refer back to the agent, but rather ALWAYS to the subject: "Gift."

As well, faith onto salvation is never the "Gift" or a "Work" in all of Scripture. Rather, the Gift of God is "righteousness" and "salvation," both of which we receive by faith, not by works.

Galatians 2:15-16 (ESV)
15 We ourselves are Jews by birth and not Gentile sinners; 16 yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ,
So we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified.

Therefore, the grace and power of God are always accessed by faith in Jesus - not by works.

Romans 5:1-2 (WEB)
5 Being therefore justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ; 2 through whom we also have our access by faith into this grace in which we stand. We rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 1:16-17 (WEB)
16 For I am not ashamed of the Good News of Christ, because it is the power of God for salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first, and also for the Greek. 17 For in it is revealed God’s righteousness from faith to faith. As it is written, “But the righteous shall live by faith.” [Habakkuk 2:4]

Paul, who wrote the Passages you quoted, are true, for those who believe.

However, quoting only isolated verses and supplying ones own context is not how we arrive at the truth.

Paul also wrote that - to have Christ live through us - we must believe expressed in denying self, and living by the Spirit of Christ in us.

Galatians 5:24-25 (NIV)
24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

Therefore True Believers are obligated to continually live, walk, and sow to the Spirit of Christ, who indwells them by faith so Christ Jesus may live in us.

The Spirit will not lead you unless you live, walk and sow to the Spirit, just as Pau admonished and instructed the Church.

Romans 8:12-13 (NIV) 12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

Galatians 6:7-9 (WEB) 7 Do not be deceived. God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. 8 For he who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption. But he who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. 9 Let us not be weary in doing good, for we will reap in due season, if we do not give up.

Galatians 5:24-25 (NIV) 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

That is why Lord Jesus and the Apostles continually warned and admonished us to endure in the faith to be saved.

Luke 21:34-36 (WEB) Speaking to His followers
34 “So be careful, or your hearts will be loaded down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that day will come on you suddenly. 35 For it will come like a snare on all those who dwell on the surface of all the earth. 36 Therefore be watchful all the time, praying that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will happen, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

Revelation 14:12-13 (WEB)
12 Here is the perseverance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.” 13 I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Write, ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.’” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors; for their works follow with them.”

1 John 2:4-6 (WEB) 4 One who says, “I know him,” and doesn’t keep his commandments, is a liar, and the truth isn’t in him. 5 But God’s love has most certainly been perfected in whoever keeps his word. This is how we know that we are in him: 6 he who says he remains in him ought himself also to walk just like he walked.

Revelation 3:1-5 (WEB)
1 “I know your works, that you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. 2 Wake up and keep the things that remain, which you were about to throw away, for I have found no works of yours perfected before my God. 3 Remember therefore how you have received and heard. Keep it and repent. If therefore you won’t watch, I will come as a thief, and you won’t know what hour I will come upon you. 4 Nevertheless you have a few names in Sardis that didn’t defile their garments. They will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. 5 He who overcomes will be arrayed in white garments, and I will in no way blot his name out of the book of life, and I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

1 Corinthians 10:1-12 (WEB)
1 Now I would not have you ignorant, brothers, that our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2 and were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 3 and all ate the same spiritual food; 4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of a spiritual rock that followed them, and the rock was Christ. 5 However with most of them, God was not well pleased, for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
7 Don’t be idolaters, as some of them were. As it is written, “The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.” [Exodus 32:6]
8 Let us not commit sexual immorality, as some of them committed, and in one day twenty-three thousand fell.
9 Let us not test Christ, as some of them tested, and perished by the serpents.
10 Do not grumble, as some of them also grumbled, and perished by the destroyer.
11 Now all these things happened to them by way of example, and they were written for our admonition, on whom the ends of the ages have come. 12 Therefore let him who thinks he stands be careful that he doesn’t fall.

Hebrews 3:12-15 (WEB) 12 Beware, brothers and sisters, lest perhaps there might be in any one of you an evil heart of unbelief, in falling away from the living God; 13 but exhort one another day by day, so long as it is called “today”, lest anyone of you be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we have become partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence firm to the end, 15 while it is said,
Today if you will hear his voice, do not harden your hearts, as in the rebellion.” [Psalm 95:7-8]

Hebrews 4:11 (WEB)
11 Let us therefore give diligence to enter into that rest, lest anyone fall after the same example of disobedience.

Romans 11:20-22 (WEB)
20 True; by their unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear; 21 for if God didn’t spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you. 22 See then the goodness and severity of God. Toward those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in his goodness; otherwise you also will be cut off.

Galatians 6:7-9 (WEB)
7 Do not be deceived. God is not mocked, for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
8 For he who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption.
But he who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.
9 Let us not be weary in doing good, for we will reap in due season, if we do not give up.

Ephesians 5:3-9 (WEB)
5 Know this for sure, that no sexually immoral person, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the Kingdom of Christ and God.
6 Let no one deceive you with empty words. For because of these things, the wrath of God comes on the children of disobedience. 7 Therefore do not be partakers with them. 8 For you were once darkness, but are now light in the Lord. Walk as children of light, 9 for the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth.

1 Timothy 1:18-20 (WEB)18 I commit this instruction to you, my child Timothy, according to the prophecies which were given to you before, that by them you may wage the good warfare, 19 holding faith and a good conscience, which some having thrust away made a shipwreck concerning the faith

1 Timothy 4:1-2 (WEB) 4 But the Spirit says expressly that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to seducing spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 through the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, branded in their own conscience as with a hot iron

1 Timothy 4:14-16 (WEB) 14 Do not neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the elders. 15 Be diligent in these things. Give yourself wholly to them, that your progress may be revealed to all. 16 Pay attention to yourself and to your teaching. Continue in these things, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you.

1 Timothy 6:18-21 (WEB)
18 that they do good, that they be rich in good works, that they be ready to distribute, willing to share; 19 laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold of eternal life.
20 Timothy, guard that which is committed to you, turning away from the empty chatter and oppositions of what is falsely called knowledge, 21 which some profess, and thus have wandered from the faith.

Blessings

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The NT repeatedly teaches that salvation can be lost
via several different ways.
Thus, God's initial grace towards the repentant sinner may NOT continue ... it depends on how His grace is received and continued.
Just E.G. ... Many verses state that one's faith MUST ENDURE
until the end of life ... for one to be saved.
You way off friend.

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can you believe the Gospel?

John 3:14-16 (WEB) 14 As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

1 Corinthians 1:20-24 (WEB)

20 Where is the wise? Where is the scribe? Where is the lawyer of this world? Hasn’t God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For seeing that in the wisdom of God, the world through its wisdom didn’t know God, it was God’s good pleasure through the foolishness of the preaching to save those who believe.
The Gospel is only believed by Grace Acts 18:27
27 And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had believed through grace:

Believing is a Gift of Grace given by God, its a Fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22

Upvote 0

Brightfame52

Dec 14, 2020
Georgia
✟125,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What does Ephesians say in regards to bad works and those who do them?

(Eph 5:6 [KJV])
Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

(Eph 5:7 [KJV])
Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
Not even relevant friend. Salvation is solely by Grace apart from works. It seems like you cant shake conditionalism, not good.

Upvote 0