• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

"He who practices righteousness is righteous" (1 John 3:7)

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by BCsenior, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Clare73

Clare73 Blood-bought

+1,653
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    It's not only me with whom you disagree.

Falls somewhat short of addressing Jesus' words which likewise disagree with you
    big time in the above.

Non-responsive.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  2. Guojing

Guojing Well-Known Member

+736
    Singapore
    Christian
    Married
    As I said, if you are unwilling to quote the KJV, we can move on.

3. Clare73

Clare73 Blood-bought

+1,653
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Falls somewhat short of addressing Jesus' words which overwhelmingly show your abuse of
    Galatians 2:7-9.

Non-responsive.

4. Guojing

+736
    Singapore
    Christian
    Married
    Do you realized what you should actually say is I fell "somewhat short of addressing my interpretation of Jesus' words"?

The words I included in bold is what, if you have an open mind, should be including.

5. HIM

HIM Friend Supporter

+620
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    It is not a matter of choosing. It is a matter that is to be decided by what is written.

6. setst777

setst777 Well-Known Member Supporter

+414
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Joshua 24:14-15 (NIV)
    14 “Now fear the Lord and serve him with all faithfulness. Throw away the gods your ancestors worshiped beyond the Euphrates River and in Egypt, and serve the Lord. 15 But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”

7. HIM

HIM Friend Supporter

+620
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Great verses! However They have nothing to do with what we are talking about. A given verse says what God intended. We are not to choose what we want but go by what is written if possible

8. setst777

setst777 Well-Known Member Supporter

+414
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Good morning. I see what you mean. My thought was that the Passage was relevant. God's intention is for us to choose what He has already fully revealed in His Word, rather than leaning to our own opinions.

Blessings

9. Clare73

Clare73 Blood-bought

+1,653
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Assertion without Biblical demonstration is assertion without Biblical merit.

Non-responsive.

It falls to you to Biblically demonstrate where I am in disagreement with NT teaching.
    This you have not done, and cannot do.

10. Guojing

+736
    Singapore
    Christian
    Married
    In order to demonstrate to you, you must first show that you can accept that your view is just one of the many views out there.

You can explain to others but you cannot understand for others.

11. Clare73

Clare73 Blood-bought

+1,653
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Non sequitur.

The same can be said of Jesus' statements.
    Non-responsive, again.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021