Good reason to be an atheist?(moved from Christian Appologetics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Okay, Evidence. 2 Peter 3:3-7 descibes Evolutionists.
They deny three things.

1.God created the world.
2. God judged the world by Noah's flood.
3. God is going to judge this world again but by fire.

This is proof, because evolutionists do just the thing.

Except the evolutionist who are christians.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Re-read it again. The creation site.
Your statement about fantasy, you illogical conscience proves you have no capability to understanding the creatures of the Bible.

You mean the creatures that there is no evidence of having ever existed?

Tell me do you also believe in the satyr?

If not, why not.

Upvote 0

Isambard

Nihilist Extrodinaire
Jul 11, 2007
✟12,789.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

Because the bible tells him he should. Notice how he laughed at the idea of unicorns and dragons....until I pointed out they are mentioned in the bible, at which point he called not believing in them laughable:doh:.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Because the bible tells him he should. Notice how he laughed at the idea of unicorns and dragons....until I pointed out they are mentioned in the bible, at which point he called not believing in them laughable:doh:.

Sounds like someone hasn't read his bible.

Upvote 0

WingsOfEagles07

Jesus loves you friend
Mar 9, 2009
Dunbar, West Virginia
✟9,383.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Tell me do you also believe in the satyr?

If not, why not.

I do not know what the satyr even is. Have you ever thought that they might still be alive? Just because they have the name "unicorn" does not mean it is some horse with one horn like fantasy says they do, read your Bible and understand it. But you cannot because the WORD of TRUTH is not inside of you. That is why you think the "unicorn" is an actual unicorn.

You say we have no evidence for that, well where is the evidence for "transitional fossils?"

Upvote 0

Rasta

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2007
✟22,444.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Actually we already have the evidence, we were given it when Christ OPENED our eyes :D

I was talking about impirical evidence. I don't understand why Christians shoot themselves in the foot by denying science. Christianity has a long track record for denying science, and guess what, you end up with yolk on your face. WHY? Because you interpret a really old book, and form an opinion, based on reading words. You then assume that your opinion is "the word of god". It's not, it's your opinion.

This is why the Church denied that the earth revolved around the sun. They thought: "Oh no, blasphemy! This goes agains god's word, it is therefore false!!" Guess what? It wasn't god's word, it was their opinion, and it was proven wrong.

Christians will constantly be proven wrong every time they assert their opinions about PHYSICAL REALITY coming from an ancient book written in the bronze age..

Everybody is entitled to their own opinions, they are not entitled to their own facts.

Upvote 0

New_Found_Faith

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2004
✟30,978.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Why would people want to be an atheist?

I am an atheist, but not because I want to be. Nor do I want to be a theist, nor an agnostic. I find no reason to believe in any god or gods, nor any objective empirical evidence to support anyone else's belief in any gods.

I am extremely open to examining any empirical evidence that would support theistic beliefs.

Basically I am an atheist due to the lack of evidence to support any theistic claims, not because I want to be. I suppose the only reason to want to be an atheist wanting to believe in provable truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WingsOfEagles07

Jesus loves you friend
Mar 9, 2009
Dunbar, West Virginia
✟9,383.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I was talking about impirical evidence. I don't understand why Christians shoot themselves in the foot by denying science. Christianity has a long track record for denying science, and guess what, you end up with yolk on your face. WHY? Because you interpret a really old book, and form an opinion, based on reading words. You then assume that your opinion is "the word of god". It's not, it's your opinion.

This is why the Church denied that the earth revolved around the sun. They thought: "Oh no, blasphemy! This goes agains god's word, it is therefore false!!" Guess what? It wasn't god's word, it was their opinion, and it was proven wrong.

Christians will constantly be proven wrong every time they assert their opinions about PHYSICAL REALITY coming from an ancient book written in the bronze age..

Everybody is entitled to their own opinions, they are not entitled to their own facts.

You mean "empirical" evidence. haha You think we deny science? This is very unreasonable. We only deny Evolution and evolution is not science. Actually, it is not mere opinion because we have actual "facts" ... I mean I have proof in the Bible that shows that evolutionists will be doing the thigns you are doing and claiming. Like all prophecies in the Bible, they are true therefore it's the Word of GOD. You said it being the word of God is opinion, well the Bible also states that you all would make such claims.

Evolution did not prove this "opinion" wrong. haha.

Actually not the bronze age but since the beginning of creation. Read John 1:3 maybe you will learn something. What do you consider PHYSICAL REALITY? And Every time evolutionists state their "assumptions" about the evolution of humans, animals..etc.. and about the origins of the universe and life. They will be proven wrong every time by the Bible. The proof is there.

Why don't you come up with your own "facts" and not the "assumptions" of facts of scientists.

Upvote 0

SuperPhil

Lets bring them His word, the bible.
Jul 24, 2009
✟7,781.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I never denied science.

And "the Church" back then was of the Catholic religion, not Christian. Now i'm not saying that Christians didn't think the earth was flat, it was a very popular theory (just like evolution), but it was pope that denied the clear evidence.

And it has come to my knowledge that he believes in evolution now! Has he become wiser or maybe making the same mistake :D

Anyways, evolution is just another theory that will be outdated in 50-100 years, when a new and better theory comes out. They have been discrediting the bible for thousands of years, why should I treat evolution so much differently?

Upvote 0

Isambard

Nihilist Extrodinaire
Jul 11, 2007
✟12,789.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You mean "empirical" evidence. haha You think we deny science? This is very unreasonable. We only deny Evolution and evolution is not science. Actually, it is not mere opinion because we have actual "facts" ... I mean I have proof in the Bible that shows that evolutionists will be doing the thigns you are doing and claiming. Like all prophecies in the Bible, they are true therefore it's the Word of GOD. You said it being the word of God is opinion, well the Bible also states that you all would make such claims.

Hey, remember when I asked you to name one science creationism was consistent with? And you didn't?

Upvote 0

Isambard

Nihilist Extrodinaire
Jul 11, 2007
✟12,789.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I never denied science.
You're doing it right now.

Anyways, evolution is just another theory that will be outdated in 50-100 years, when a new and better theory comes out. They have been discrediting the bible for thousands of years, why should I treat evolution so much differently?
The complete lack of opposing scientific journals says differently.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WingsOfEagles07

Jesus loves you friend
Mar 9, 2009
Dunbar, West Virginia
✟9,383.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hey, remember when I asked you to name one science creationism was consistent with? And you didn't?

Preconditions of Intelligibility = only makes sense in a Biblical Creation Worldview and to do science these have to be assumed. There is your answer, now leave me alone with childish claims until you gain "true knowledge" of what "truth" really is and it is not science.

Upvote 0

PT Calvinist

Legend
Jun 19, 2009
Texas - Near the Coast
✟17,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
"For the god of this world [satan] has blinded the unbelievers' minds [that they should not discern the truth], preventing them from seeing the illuminating light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ (the Messiah), Who is the Image and Likeness of God." - 2 corinthians 4:4 Amplified

"him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."- John 6:37 KJV

Upvote 0

PT Calvinist

Legend
Jun 19, 2009
Texas - Near the Coast
✟17,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
How can you believe in a bunch of paper garbage?
You mean the Bible?

Simple
1.) seeing how you behave exactly as scripture says, helps to verify the validity of God's word.
2.) reading the seriously illogical statements and arguments used to refute God has boosted my confidence in Him.
3.) reading the seriously illogical statements and arguments used to refute Gpd has convinced me of the affect of sin on the mind and how it blinds poeple. You're great examples of that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.