Good reason to be an atheist?(moved from Christian Appologetics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isambard

Nihilist Extrodinaire
Jul 11, 2007
✟12,789.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Old history tells us some Atheists were called that because they didn't believe in other God's but rather One True God.
No.
The term atheism originated from the Greek ἄθεος (atheos), which was derogatively applied to anyone thought to believe in false gods, no gods, or doctrines that stood in conflict with established religions. With the spread of freethought, skeptical inquiry, and subsequent increase in criticism of religion, application of the term narrowed in scope.
Atheism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dictionaries tell me you don't care and you don't want to answer a simplisticly stated question not using any methods that might be a trap.

Atheism can be either the rejection of theism,[1] or the position that deities do not exist.[2] In the broadest sense, it is the absence of belief in the existence of deities.[3]
Atheism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Main Entry:athe·ism Pronunciation: \ˈā-thē-ˌi-zəm\ Function:noun Etymology:Middle French athéisme, from athée atheist, from Greek atheos godless, from a- + theos godDate:1546 1archaic : ungodliness, wickedness2 a: a disbelief in the existence of deity b: the doctrine that there is no deity
atheism - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Upvote 0

SuperPhil

Lets bring them His word, the bible.
Jul 24, 2009
✟7,781.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm willing to wager that you trust science very much in your everyday life, but evolution makes claims which challenge the belief system you have constructed, and rather than investigate the evidence honestly, you would rather say science is wrong.

Lol,

Science - a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws.

How can say that science is wrong? haha, its like saying knowledge is wrong - it just doesn't make sense!

I thoroughly agree with Darwin's observation of natural selection. That coincides with the bible.

But the soup to human theory is moronic. You have to have a lot of faith in the majority of scientists to think this correct. I'm not here to argue the validity of evolution or creation - I don't care if you think your a monkey. But it is a God-given command to reach out to the lost, show them how much Christ Loves you.

Science and the bible work perfectly together.

Last point, I have not constructed my own belief system - that is what can get people in trouble in science. They assume things, not keeping an open mind, they must always question the validity of their discoveries. I have looked into both sides. It is obvious (in my point of view) that the Lord Jesus created everything!

But in my very small dealings with evolutionists, I can only see them absolutely sure that they are correct. They have NEVER even taken into consideration the possibility of a creator. It baffles me!

I bet these exact arguments were taking place when people thought that the earth was round. So this argument is old and boring.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rasta

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2007
✟22,444.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Science - a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws.

How can say that science is wrong? haha, its like saying knowledge is wrong - it just doesn't make sense!

Ok, it appears we agree.

I thoroughly agree with Darwin's observation of natural selection. That coincides with the bible.

Fine with me. It was WingsOFEagle who said it didn't.

But the soup to human theory is moronic. You have to have a lot of faith in the majority of scientists to think this correct.

Then . . . you come out with crap like this. On what ground do you have to critisize? Is it your knowledge of science? If yes, I'd like to see the papers you have written. Be sure to include any data and or facts that supports your case. If no, then you probably shouldn't critisize experts on the ground of not knowing what you are talking about.

I'm not here to argue the validity of evolution or creation - I don't care if you think your a monkey. But it is a God-given command to reach out to the lost, show them how much Christ Loves you.

Oh, my gosh. Cognotive dissonence at it's best. I don't think I'm a monkey. We are apes, which is a fact. What does Jesus have to do with evolution?

Last point, I have not constructed my own belief system - that is what can get people in trouble in science. They assume things, not keeping an open mind, they must always question the validity of their discoveries. I have looked into both sides. It is obvious (in my point of view) that the Lord Jesus created everything!

I have a very open mind, just not so open that I'm willing to let my brain fall out of my head.

But in my very small dealings with evolutionists, I can only see them absolutely sure that they are correct. They have NEVER even taken into consideration the possibility of a creator. It baffles me!

Do you know why? Evolution has nothing to do with weather or not there is a creator. Math too doesn't factor in the possibility of a creator. Can you guess why? History also doesn't factor in the possibility of a creator. The list goes on.

I bet these exact arguments were taking place when people thought that the earth was round. So this argument is old and boring.

I think you are just not comfortible in investigating and challenging your faith. That is fine. Be honest and say it though. Don't pretend that you are "too intellectual" for such "trivial endevors".

Upvote 0

WingsOfEagles07

Jesus loves you friend
Mar 9, 2009
Dunbar, West Virginia
✟9,383.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Ok, it appears we agree.

Fine with me. It was WingsOFEagle who said it didn't.

Then . . . you come out with crap like this. On what ground do you have to critisize? Is it your knowledge of science? If yes, I'd like to see the papers you have written. Be sure to include any data and or facts that supports your case. If no, then you probably shouldn't critisize experts on the ground of not knowing what you are talking about.

Oh, my gosh. Cognotive dissonence at it's best. I don't think I'm a monkey. We are apes, which is a fact. What does Jesus have to do with evolution?

I have a very open mind, just not so open that I'm willing to let my brain fall out of my head.

Do you know why? Evolution has nothing to do with weather or not there is a creator. Math too doesn't factor in the possibility of a creator. Can you guess why? History also doesn't factor in the possibility of a creator. The list goes on.

I think you are just not comfortible in investigating and challenging your faith. That is fine. Be honest and say it though. Don't pretend that you are "too intellectual" for such "trivial endevors".

1. I was not talking about normal science develop some interpretation skills. I was talking about evolution - science.

Just so you know, He has the right to question the experts because they have been proven wrong.

lol, Apes well you can think you're an ape all you want, haha.

Open mind? No you don't, You do not accept creation nor do you understand it or the Bible.

Math does account for a Creator. God is so smart mathematically and scientifically that he made us from dirt but since He is smarter than our experts then this cannot be possible. Well, you know he is smarter than the "EXPERTS" haha

lol His knowledge of the Bible and Creation surpasses yours by a lot. He also does not act or pretend to intellectual. He is saying what he knows. Just because he is stumping you and your evolutionary belief does not mean that you have the right he is "pretending" to be too intellectual just because you are not.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

WingsOfEagles07

Jesus loves you friend
Mar 9, 2009
Dunbar, West Virginia
✟9,383.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I wonder the same thing every time you type. Copy and paste is wonderfull isn't it?

Your being very arbitrary. You do not know that I copy and paste ever time i type. You have no reason to claim such things. I have copied and pasted before yes, but recently I have not copy/paste as you "assume" I have. Just because your intolerance of creation and even your own evolutionary worldview does mean you know everything. You "assume" this and that. You assume things left and right as if your "opinion" is the right opinion. Your ignorance (stated in 2 Peter 3) shows very well of how you do not understand such claims made by creationists. You do not have to make a rescuing device every time you do not have an answer for a claim a creationist makes. Like morality. What is your basis for morality? You do not have a logical rational explanation for such a claim because to do so you would have to be inconsistent with your worldview.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just a little of it...I think it's split into 18+ parts

You have a hostile, rude and mocking atheist team against an evangelical naive group. I didn't like Ray Comfort's reasoning in some, he sounds like he doesn't know his opponent and their arguments. Kelly Hugerack is more concerned about causing offense than sounding authentic in terms of historical data she has no clue about. "1st century Palestine is very well documented", I bet she can't count more than 10 sources.

Upvote 0

SuperPhil

Lets bring them His word, the bible.
Jul 24, 2009
✟7,781.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then . . . you come out with crap like this. On what ground do you have to critisize? Is it your knowledge of science? If yes, I'd like to see the papers you have written. Be sure to include any data and or facts that supports your case. If no, then you probably shouldn't criticize experts on the ground of not knowing what you are talking about.

I would believe the creator of the universe over the interpreters of the universe. You see what I mean? If you believed that Jesus did in fact create the universe, you would be a fool to take the wisdom of men over the wisdom of Christ. For me, Christ has never given me a reason to doubt him!

Is it possible that we can both be opened minded and come to very different conclusions?

Do you know why? Evolution has nothing to do with weather or not there is a creator.

This is interesting, care to elaborate? If there was a creator, wouldn't evolution be obsolete?

This is very interesting as well. I didn't mean to come across as "too intellectual" because that is NOT my attitude at all. I wouldn't mind at ALL if you questioned the very core of my relationship with Christ. I'm telling you it will be fruitless though, as I have been shaken many times. BUT every single time Christ has pulled through and held on to his promise to me.

I know this might bore you, but I can not talk about anything without an explanation given to me by my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

HumbleSiPilot77

Senior Contributor
Jan 4, 2003
Arizona
✟12,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
This chick is the best "atheists" could come up with? ^_^

No, the EAC's High Command was too busy at the time to make a decision, and she volunteered, so...

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.