✟1,501.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Just saying hello :)
While I can accept there is more that we currently know and that there may have been a creator, I personally don't believe in praying, a heaven or hell but respect those who try to live an honest life according to the Golden Rule "Treat others the way you want to be treated yourself".

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,837.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Reactions: DavidMark
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While I can accept there is more that we currently know and that there may have been a creator, I personally don't believe in praying, a heaven or hell but respect those who try to live an honest life according to the Golden Rule "Treat others the way you want to be treated yourself".
Welcome!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,681,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome!!:wave:

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟290,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Welcome Seb,

I've come to believe in praying for the things that I need
After coming to believe in praying to know what I needed
And what I didn't

Unfortunately, every time I tried to love my neighbor as myself, someone called the police ;)
So, I found that I needed a little guidance on how to love both myself and my neighbor, and that largely came through prayer.

Wishing you a good experience here and in your travels.

"Individual experiences may vary" ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello and welcome to the forum

Upvote 0
Mar 27, 2024
Oostende
✟1,501.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's nice to meet you. I am also new here :cool: What is it like living in Belgium? I've never been there. Have you ever been to the US?
Hi David.
Thanks for welcoming me.
While I have been to Canada, I have never been to the US. I have only been living in Belgium since October, before that I lived 2 years in Sri Lanka but so far it's nice, i's a small city with a nice beach area but I guess every country has its pros and cons. I'm originally from the Netherlands but lived more than half my life abroad, mostly in Sweden :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Mar 27, 2024
Oostende
✟1,501.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Welcome Seb,

I've come to believe in praying for the things that I need
After coming to believe in praying to know what I needed
And what I didn't

Unfortunately, every time I tried to love my neighbor as myself, someone called the police ;)
So, I found that I needed a little guidance on how to love both myself and my neighbor, and that largely came through prayer.

Wishing you a good experience here and in your travels.

"Individual experiences may vary" ;)
Hi Petro,
Thanks for welcoming me.
"Unfortunately, every time I tried to love my neighbor as myself, someone called the police ;)" That's funny, made me laugh, so thanks for putting a smile on my face.

Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

DavidMark

I am what I am.
Mar 29, 2024
West Columbia, South Carolina, 29170
Visit site
✟2,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi David.
Thanks for welcoming me.
While I have been to Canada, I have never been to the US. I have only been living in Belgium since October, before that I lived 2 years in Sri Lanka but so far it's nice, i's a small city with a nice beach area but I guess every country has its pros and cons. I'm originally from the Netherlands but lived more than half my life abroad, mostly in Sweden :)
Thank you for that. I was 19 years old when I joined the military. I was amazed how easy it was for me to make friends compared to high school. I got to travel many places foreign and domestic. Images are burned into my brain from the places I visited.

Upvote 0
Mar 27, 2024
Oostende
✟1,501.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for that. I was 19 years old when I joined the military. I was amazed how easy it was for me to make friends compared to high school. I got to travel many places foreign and domestic. Images are burned into my brain from the places I visited.
Yeah, spending time abroad and traveling definitely broadens your view on life :)
Which countries have you visited and which one was your favorite?

Upvote 0

DavidMark

I am what I am.
Mar 29, 2024
Visit site
✟2,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, spending time abroad and traveling definitely broadens your view on life :)
Which countries have you visited and which one was your favorite?
Courtesy of the Navy of course, I remember Mexico very well. Some other islands in the Carribean where we had liberty, I also remember with great affection. I was young, and I mostly ventured out by myself without a care in the world. It was peace time, I had food, lodging, cash in my wallet, and good work as a Navy Electrician. We had liberty in Scapa Flow Scottland. It was the beauty of the island that I remember. In Scottland, I was with a few favorite shipmates, we exchanged currency and bought souvenirs. These were great times. We pulled into LA Harve France, but I had special duty that kept me close to the ship and I did not get to go to Paris. Thanks for asking, because this is bringing back very fond memories.

Upvote 0
Mar 27, 2024
Oostende
✟1,501.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Courtesy of the Navy of course, I remember Mexico very well. Some other islands in the Carribean where we had liberty, I also remember with great affection. I was young, and I mostly ventured out by myself without a care in the world. It was peace time, I had food, lodging, cash in my wallet, and good work as a Navy Electrician. We had liberty in Scapa Flow Scottland. It was the beauty of the island that I remember. In Scottland, I was with a few favorite shipmates, we exchanged currency and bought souvenirs. These were great times. We pulled into LA Harve France, but I had special duty that kept me close to the ship and I did not get to go to Paris. Thanks for asking, because this is bringing back very fond memories.
Sounds like you had a great time as a Navy Electrician. I've done some residential installations in the past (installing circuit breaker boxes and wiring) and have designed PCBs and some soldering (mostly with Arduino) but never worked professionally with it. It does sound cool working as a Navy Electrician and see a bit of the world. I've never been to the Caribbean, South America or Scotland. Scotland is close by and I would like to visit it one day. I have been to other European countries and went for 4 months to Svalbard during the winter season, 24h darkness for 3 months which was quite the experience but I wouldn't want to live there permanently though (harsh climate, not a single tree and more polar bears than humans) :)

Attachments

• svalbard.jpeg
    svalbard.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DavidMark

I am what I am.
Mar 29, 2024
Visit site
✟2,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like you had a great time as a Navy Electrician. I've done some residential installations in the past (installing circuit breaker boxes and wiring) and have designed PCBs and some soldering (mostly with Arduino) but never worked professionally with it. It does sound cool working as a Navy Electrician and see a bit of the world. I've never been to the Caribbean, South America or Scotland. Scotland is close by and I would like to visit it one day. I have been to other European countries and went for 4 months to Svalbard during the winter season, 24h darkness for 3 months which was quite the experience but I wouldn't want to live there permanently though (harsh climate, not a single tree and more polar bears than humans) :)
Beautiful. You've got some good stories!

Upvote 0