Good reason to be an atheist?(moved from Christian Appologetics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PT Calvinist

Legend
Jun 19, 2009
Texas - Near the Coast
✟17,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
The only thing that exists in the universe is a 1 meter diameter sphere of Carbon 12. Nothing else exists.

Is it true that it is the only thing that exists?

Is truth only possible if there is a mind?

Can truth exist independently of a mind?

Are the laws of logic (1st, 2nd, 3rd) truth statements?

Do concepts exist?

If concepts exist are they in the mind?

Upvote 0

WingsOfEagles07

Jesus loves you friend
Mar 9, 2009
Dunbar, West Virginia
✟9,383.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You mean the Bible?

Simple
1.) seeing how you behave exactly as scripture says, helps to verify the validity of God's word.
2.) reading the seriously illogical statements and arguments used to refute God has boosted my confidence in Him.
3.) reading the seriously illogical statements and arguments used to refute Gpd has convinced me of the affect of sin on the mind and how it blinds poeple. You're great examples of that.

Great posts PT, Keep up the good work. All of your posts state truth but are misinterpreted whenever evolutionists/atheists make ignorant irrational claims of trying to understand what the "truth" really is. God Bless you!

Upvote 0

WingsOfEagles07

Jesus loves you friend
Mar 9, 2009
Dunbar, West Virginia
✟9,383.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hey look is Isambard with his normal post of other scientists work and assumptions. Nice Job of doing your own work. :thumbsup: Your knowledge comes from man, My knowledge does not therefore you do not understand creation in any kind of terms. yet again whenever you can prove Evolution by no "assumptions" at all then you "try" to talk to me even though I still know your interpretations are not correct and are only pernicious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Isambard

Nihilist Extrodinaire
Jul 11, 2007
✟12,789.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hey look is Isambard with his normal post of other scientists work and assumptions. Nice Job of doing your own work. :thumbsup: Your knowledge comes from man, My knowledge does not therefore you do not understand creation in any kind of terms. yet again whenever you can prove Evolution by no "assumptions" at all then you "try" to talk to me even though I still know your interpretations are not correct and are only pernicious.

Yes, all those ignorant scientists, what do they know?!
:doh:

Upvote 0

SuperPhil

Lets bring them His word, the bible.
Jul 24, 2009
✟7,781.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm surprised you're praising him as he said previously that you aren't a true christian:confused:.

Trying to tear us apart? It won't work. We all follow the same God. We share a common goal, our burden is for the lost.

There were tons of "qualified" scientists who thought the world was flat, the plane wouldn't work, people would never make it to the moon... evolution is just another theory thrown out there.

Upvote 0

Eudaimonist

I believe in life before death!
Jan 1, 2003
American resident of Sweden
Visit site
✟119,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
How many atheists are absolutely confident in their atheism and believe that when they die, they just stop being?

Just what do you mean by "absolutely confident"?

I'm confident given my context of knowledge. I don't claim infallibility or omniscience.

eudaimonia,

Mark

Upvote 0

WingsOfEagles07

Jesus loves you friend
Mar 9, 2009
Dunbar, West Virginia
✟9,383.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Trying to tear us apart? It won't work. We all follow the same God. We share a common goal, our burden is for the lost.

There were tons of "qualified" scientists who thought the world was flat, the plane wouldn't work, people would never make it to the moon... evolution is just another theory thrown out there.

Thank you SuperPhil. This was a good post.

(To Isambard) Well, According to the Bible you scientists know "nothing"

Upvote 0

Mahammad

Kafir
May 30, 2009
Canada
✟9,589.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't know much about Evolution, I never studied it. but I know it says that animals slowly developed for millions of years and I have 2 questions;

1-why some animals are not developed for there environment like there is a rat that lives in mountains but it has a small front legs which makes it very hard for the rat to move around and there are many other animals that don’t fit there environment.

2- if animals develop slowly and it takes Million of years doesn't the theories of Mendel contradict with Evolution? Because what I see they change the DNA of animals and they improve the breed of cows and sheep and improve farming and it didn't take them millions of years to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Rasta

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2007
✟22,444.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

I'm willing to wager that you trust science very much in your everyday life, but evolution makes claims which challenge the belief system you have constructed, and rather than investigate the evidence honestly, you would rather say science is wrong.

Upvote 0

WingsOfEagles07

Jesus loves you friend
Mar 9, 2009
Dunbar, West Virginia
✟9,383.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm willing to wager that you trust science very much in your everyday life, but evolution makes claims which challenge the belief system you have constructed, and rather than investigate the evidence honestly, you would rather say science is wrong.

Science = wrong. Bible = Right

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I do not know what the satyr even is. Have you ever thought that they might still be alive?
Half goat half men? Nope pretty sure they never existed..

Just because they have the name "unicorn" does not mean it is some horse with one horn like fantasy says they do, read your Bible and understand it. But you cannot because the WORD of TRUTH is not inside of you. That is why you think the "unicorn" is an actual unicorn.
Ah so you choose to redefine terms because a unicorn in the bible must not be what everyone else calls a unicorn. What were they talking about... a bull?

You say we have no evidence for that, well where is the evidence for "transitional fossils?"

You mean these?

hominids2_big.jpg

tiktaalik.jpg

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
How many atheists are absolutely confident in their atheism and believe that when they die, they just stop being?

Until you can show me otherwise I really see no reason to believe in anything else.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

I hear this often, if the bible wasn't written by man then why does it read like it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Science = wrong. Bible = Right

Really? Then you should stop using your computer, taking any prescribed medication and go out and live in the woods. I can pretty much guarantee that science is apart of everything you do everyday.

Upvote 0

PT Calvinist

Legend
Jun 19, 2009
Texas - Near the Coast
✟17,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Old history tells us some Atheists were called that because they didn't believe in other God's but rather One True God.

Dictionaries tell me you don't care and you don't want to answer a simplisticly stated question not using any methods that might be a trap.

Upvote 0

Rasta

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2007
✟22,444.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Old history tells us some Atheists were called that because they didn't believe in other God's but rather One True God.

False. Early Christians were called atheists by the Roman government because they had no shrines at their places of worship. It was a mischaracterzation.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.