✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi Family,

1 Corinthians 12:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

King James Version (KJV)

What are the gifts of healing?

Do you need the gift of discernment of spirits to aid?

~Natsumi Lam~

Last edited:

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Hi Family,

1 Corinthians 12:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

King James Version (KJV)

What are the gifts of healing?

Do you need the gift of discernment to aid?

~Natsumi Lam~
Firstly, there is no such thing as the gift of discernment. Discernment comes through use and experience walking in the Spirit (Hebrews 5:14).

A good explanation of the gifts of healing is that some are anointed to bring healing to certain conditions, and others are anointed to bring healing to other types of conditions. Some seem to be anointed to relieve mental issues, while others are used by the Spirit to curse cancers.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Firstly, there is no such thing as the gift of discernment. Discernment comes through use and experience walking in the Spirit (Hebrews 5:14).

A good explanation of the gifts of healing is that some are anointed to bring healing to certain conditions, and others are anointed to bring healing to other types of conditions. Some seem to be anointed to relieve mental issues, while others are used by the Spirit to curse cancers.

discernment of spirits in vs 10. Are you saying the semi colon does not allow for differing gifts?

1 Corinthians 12 King James Version (KJV)
12 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

What about spiritual healing?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
discernment of spirits in vs 10. Are you saying the semi colon does not allow for differing gifts?

1 Corinthians 12 King James Version (KJV)
12 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
There is a difference between the gift of discerning of spirits, and a gift of discernment. The first is a specific gift given to those selected by the Holy Spirit to use it, and the second is the general discernment between good and evil that comes to experienced, mature believers.

Reactions: FIRESTORM314
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What about spiritual healing?
That results in being born again of the Spirit when a person receives Christ as Saviour. It happens only once.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That results in being born again of the Spirit when a person receives Christ as Saviour. It happens only once.
Unfortunately no.... I am talking about spiritual healing like deliverance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There is a difference between the gift of discerning of spirits, and a gift of discernment. The first is a specific gift given to those selected by the Holy Spirit to use it, and the second is the general discernment between good and evil that comes to experienced, mature believers.
Ok i will make a correction to the op to say spirits.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Being born again does not necessarily bring spiritual healing all at once.
That's why we need deliverance.

Prov17v22 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength. …

Prov18v14The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear?

• Agree
Reactions: Natsumi Lam
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Being born again does not necessarily bring spiritual healing all at once.
That's why we need deliverance.

Prov17v22 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength. …

Prov18v14The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity; but a wounded spirit who can bear?
When is a person a partaker of the divine nature? When does he become a new creature in Christ, old things passing away, all things becoming new? When does a person pass from death to life? When does the spirit of life in Christ set one free from the law of sin and death?

Does it happen instantly when a person receives Christ, or does it happen in the same way as Mormons and Catholics teach it - by stages throughout one's life until they come to judgment and their good deeds are weighed against their sins to see if they get into heaven or not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
When is a person a partaker of the divine nature? When does he become a new creature in Christ, old things passing away, all things becoming new? When does a person pass from death to life? When does the spirit of life in Christ set one free from the law of sin and death?

Does it happen instantly when a person receives Christ, or does it happen in the same way as Mormons and Catholics teach it - by stages throughout one's life until they come to judgment and their good deeds are weighed against their sins to see if they get into heaven or not?
When you become saved your spirit now rests the Holy of Holies. The outer courts and inner courts can still be defiled. In cases of demonic defilement..deliverance is necessary.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
When you become saved your spirit now rests the Holy of Holies. The outer courts and inner courts can still be defiled. In cases of demonic defilement..deliverance is necessary.
Where in the New Testament does it say that? I'm not trying to be contentious, I just want clarification.

My understanding is that as soon as a person is born again, his body becomes the temple of the Holy Spirit. If you strip away the outer flesh, you will find nothing but the Holy Spirit taking up all the inside of you.

If a person is born anew and because a whole new creation in Christ, old things have passed away, all things have become new, where is the demonic defilement? 1 John 1:9 says that when we confess our sin we are forgiven and cleansed from all unrighteousness. So, being cleansed from all unrighteousness, where is any demonic defilement? It's all gone! Nothing left!

Well, that's what my Bible says in the KJV. Maybe other translations say that when a person becomes a Christian they are still partly defiled by demons. In my opinion, that's just Pentecostal/Charismatic tradition that has added it to God's Word.

As for me, I am Solo Scriptura, and I don't add church tradition, Catholic, Pentecostal or Charismatic to it. Whatever ain't clearly written in the Bible is not to be relied on.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Where in the New Testament does it say that? I'm not trying to be contentious, I just want clarification.

My understanding is that as soon as a person is born again, his body becomes the temple of the Holy Spirit. If you strip away the outer flesh, you will find nothing but the Holy Spirit taking up all the inside of you.

If a person is born anew and because a whole new creation in Christ, old things have passed away, all things have become new, where is the demonic defilement? 1 John 1:9 says that when we confess our sin we are forgiven and cleansed from all unrighteousness. So, being cleansed from all unrighteousness, where is any demonic defilement? It's all gone! Nothing left!

Well, that's what my Bible says in the KJV. Maybe other translations say that when a person becomes a Christian they are still partly defiled by demons. In my opinion, that's just Pentecostal/Charismatic tradition that has added it to God's Word.

As for me, I am Solo Scriptura, and I don't add church tradition, Catholic, Pentecostal or Charismatic to it. Whatever ain't clearly written in the Bible is not to be relied on.
Yes you becomes a temple. It has the 3 part temple. The money changers violated the outer courts. Idols violated the inner court but the Holy of Holies... can not be violated. I would do a subject study of temple.

Your will...your body...your mind can be defiled. Your spirit can not be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Yes you becomes a temple. It has the 3 part temple. The money changers violated the outer courts. Idols violated the inner court but the Holy of Holies... can not be violated. I would do a subject study of temple.

Your will...your body...your mind can be defiled. Your spirit can not be.
If Paul had said it was a three-part temple, he would have said so...wouldn't he? But you are right - the body and mind are part of the flesh and so the flesh is defiled and that is why we don't have any confidence in it. And our minds needs to be transformed to that of Christ.

Upvote 0

Natsumi Lam

Preparer of the Bride
Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2015
✟120,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If Paul had said it was a three-part temple, he would have said so...wouldn't he? But you are right - the body and mind are part of the flesh and so the flesh is defiled and that is why we don't have any confidence in it. And our minds needs to be transformed to that of Christ.
Our mind needs to be transformed...doesnt mean it has been transformed.

Which specific temple was paul referring to? If you do a study on temples throughout the Word...what temple comes up?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,852.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Our mind needs to be transformed...doesnt mean it has been transformed.

Which specific temple was paul referring to? If you do a study on temples throughout the Word...what temple comes up?
Paul is talking about our bodies being the temple of the indwelling Spirit. The thought did come to me that we are made up of body, soul and spirit, so you could be right, because the indwelling Spirit is in our spirit, but if we are thinking and operating from our soul, then we are soulish and not spiritual in our thinking and actions; and if we are influenced by our bodily functions and desires then that is not spiritual either. So, I do think you have a valid point.
(It takes a bit of a revelation for me to realise it).

• Friendly
Reactions: Natsumi Lam
Upvote 0