Visit site
✟113,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yeah,the Jews never take scripture out of context. The Talmud is full of it. The Brit Hadashah is, from what I've seen, the same way. You want to believe their non inspired writings, have at it. Thanks for making my point for me with your last quote of scripture.

Your bias is showing again and it is making you look foolish. Brit Hadashah, (ברית חדשה), is a term from Jeremiah 31:31, and its Greek equivalent is Kainos Diatheke, a new-renewed covenant.

The prophecies concerning Jesus are all throughout the OT yet the Jews rejected Jesus as their Savior.

Your apparent argument that one cannot be a believer if he or she is Jewish is duly noted.

I'll stick with the Bible and the Bible alone. You can believe what you wish.

This is the last time I'll reply to you on this subject.

You've shown yourself to be in fantasy land when it concerns Biblical teachings.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Your bias is showing again and it is making you look foolish. Brit Hadashah, (ברית חדשה), is a term from Jeremiah 31:31, and its Greek equivalent is Kainos Diatheke, a new-renewed covenant.

Your apparent argument that one cannot be a believer if he or she is Jewish is duly noted.

You've shown yourself to be in fantasy land when it concerns Biblical teachings.
So because I pointed out the fact that the Jews rejected Jesus I'm saying no Jews can be saved by faith in Him? That's an odd conclusion to draw.

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So because I pointed out the fact that the Jews rejected Jesus I'm saying no Jews can be saved by faith in Him? That's an odd conclusion to draw.

Daniel 4:13-17 KJV
13 I saw in the visions of my head upon my bed, and, behold, a watcher and an holy one came down from heaven;
14 He cried aloud, and said thus, Hew down the tree, and cut off his branches, shake off his leaves, and scatter his fruit: let the beasts get away from under it, and the fowls from his branches:
15 Nevertheless leave the stump of his roots in the earth, even with a band of iron and brass, in the tender grass of the field; and let it be wet with the dew of heaven, and let his portion be with the beasts in the grass of the earth:
16 Let his heart be changed from man's, and let a beast's heart be given unto him; and let seven times pass over him.
17 This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.

Daniel 7:4 KJV
4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

Matthew 15:18-20 KJV
18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

Revelation 13:2 YLT
2 and the beast that I saw was like to a leopard, and its feet as of a bear, and its mouth as the mouth of a lion, and the dragon did give to it his power, and his throne, and great authority.

Revelation 13:6 YLT
6 and it did open its mouth for evil-speaking toward God, to speak evil of His name, and of His tabernacle, and of those who in the heaven tabernacle,

Ephesians 2:4-6 KJV
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, ( by grace ye are saved; )
6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Jude 1:10-16 KJV
10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

Upvote 0

rstrats

Jun 27, 2002
✟70,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
John 20:19: Jesus appeared the first day after the Saturday
John 20:26: Jesus appeared again eight days later (i.e. seven days in our modern way of count, omitting the day of start)
If the Messiah had appeared on the first day of the week, what would one day later have been?

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,707.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Yes, but we have many that use the 'words' but not the meaning or the path given..

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, but we have many that use the 'words' but not the meaning or the path given..

In the context of what Gary K said to me, and my response to him which you have quoted, I am not sure what you mean except for in a general way concerning "words".

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's just fallen human nature. We shouldn't be surprised by it, and yes it is sad. Anyone who loves their fellow man will be saddened by it.

We've all been there and done that on one issue or another concerning sin.
My bobservation is because you keep old covenant laws you have overcome your fallen nature and we who know we are living by the new covenant, that does not have such laws, we have not overcome it.

The real truth is that al of us still have a fallen nature. It is only by the shed blood of our Savior that in the eyes of the Father we are clean. You observations prove that you are still sinners, thus do have a fallen nature.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My bobservation is because you keep old covenant laws you have overcome your fallen nature and we who know we are living by the new covenant, that does not have such laws, we have not overcome it.

The real truth is that al of us still have a fallen nature. It is only by the shed blood of our Savior that in the eyes of the Father we are clean. You observations prove that you are still sinners, thus do have a fallen nature.
When have I ever even implied that I don't have a fallen nature. I just believe in the power of God that can keep us from falling as Jude says.

Jude 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Keep us from falling and present us faultless before God.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When have I ever even implied that I don't have a fallen nature. I just believe in the power of God that can keep us from falling as Jude says.

Jude 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

Keep us from falling and present us faultless before God.
Implied by you post: "It's just fallen human nature. We shouldn't be surprised by it, and yes it is sad. Anyone who loves their fellow man will be saddened by it." They ( meaning everyone that refutes what Gary, daq and redog believe) have a fallen nature because they do not see things, like the Sabbath, like we do.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Implied by you post: "It's just fallen human nature. We shouldn't be surprised by it, and yes it is sad. Anyone who loves their fellow man will be saddened by it." They ( meaning everyone that refutes what Gary, daq and redog believe) have a fallen nature because they do not see things, like the Sabbath, like we do.
Hogwash.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Why include me in your comments? Gary K has told me that he might even get a ban if he was to tell me openly what he thinks of my beliefs. Please do not lump my beliefs with his.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Really. You seem to be very bitter against all Sabbath keepers since you left the Adventist church. It seems to be a very common concept among ex Adventists, especially those who have become evolutionists.

You know that Adventists believe that all of humanity has a fallen nature.

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟755,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I believe there is a validity to the Sabbath as to whether one observes on Saturday or Sunday as long as this stems from an understanding of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior ( like St. Paul says in Colossians 1:1-29). This is not based on compromise or accommodation but on observation from what is Biblical and valid secondary, but actual, tradition. The problem is claiming an absolute validity to one observance and condemning the other as something unholy. We should stick to the confession in which we found Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. If our confession hierarchy starts to abuse the Gospel in violation of the Lord’s commandments ( Romans 13:8-10, John 14:15-18 etc.) then become concerned & discern carefully what to do.

Upvote 0