ulu

Sep 15, 2005
underground
✟12,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is If the shooter was attacked, then let him go.

The story so far is that the shooter was following, watching , the teen he killed despite being told by police not to do so. Did the teen not have a right to stand up for himself , even against a much bigger person? Are you saying his only option was to do whatever this person following him who he didn't know told him to?
What if it was a woman being followed-would she also not be allowed to hit (attack) her stalker if he got too close?
Again police dishonesty will ensure justice isn't served in this case.
According to what's been circulated so far, the dead boy had every right to do whatever he thought would stop this potential nut from overpowering him.
You can't follow people around at night and expect them to lie down and take it without question.

Upvote 0

moonkitty

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2006
✟16,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The story so far is that the shooter was following, watching , the teen he killed despite being told by police not to do so. Did the teen not have a right to stand up for himself , even against a much bigger person? Are you saying his only option was to do whatever this person following him who he didn't know told him to?
What if it was a woman being followed-would she also not be allowed to hit (attack) her stalker if he got too close?
According to what's been circulated so far, the dead boy had every right to do whatever he thought would stop this potential nut from overpowering him.
You can't follow people around at night and expect them to lie down and take it without question.

Exactly! I think following someone is an aggressive act.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
ps....can you find the article with your story about the dad shooting in the face? Sounds pretty horrific.
old wise guy

That was David09's post (#76).

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Read the Wikepedia account.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
bottom line is that Trayvon was unarmed. There was *no* justification for shooting him. This has nothing to do with the right to bear arms (I'm actually quite neutral on the whole "should people have guns?" controversy). The child, and child he was, was murdered. I will not applaud Zimmerman for taking his life.

Its disgusting. And heartbreaking. All at once.

Upvote 0

jpcedotal

Old School from the Backwoods - Christian Style
May 26, 2009
In between Deliverance and Brother, Where Art Thou
✟13,293.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I guess my worry is the fact that many major news organizations have already convicted this guy or wrong doing. If there isn't any real evidence that shows that he did anything unlawful, these media outlets will be caught in a corner and will have to side with the violence that will follow....which will happen because of the way the media has already set this up.

These are dangerous times.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bricklayer

Dec 26, 2009
the rust belt
✟5,120.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
bottom line is that Trayvon was unarmed. There was *no* justification for shooting him. This has nothing to do with the right to bear arms (I'm actually quite neutral on the whole "should people have guns?" controversy). The child, and child he was, was murdered. I will not applaud Zimmerman for taking his life.

I applaud Mr. Zimmerman for defending his life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not that wikipedia is the authority on anything, but based on their account it seems zimmerman is guilty of manslaughter, and a hothead vigilante type.

Wikipedia provides more information than other sources.

Upvote 0