Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
MOD HAT

This thread has undergone a clean up. As a reminder, the site rules include:

Flaming and Harassment
● Do not insult, belittle, mock, goad, personally attack, threaten, harass, or use derogatory nicknames in reference to other members or groups of members. Address the context of the post, not the poster.
● If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button. Do not report another member out of spite.
● Do not state or imply that another member or group of members who have identified themselves as Christian are not Christian.
● Those who do not adhere to the Statement of Faith are welcome as members and participants in discussions, but you are required to respect these beliefs, even if you do not share them.
● Do not make another member's experience on this site miserable. This includes, making false accusations or persistently attacking them in the open forums.
● Respect another member's request to cease personal contact.

and

Vulgarity and Profanity
Do not post graphic or sexually explicit images or text. Do not use profanity or foul language (this includes using punctuations to bypass the profanity filter and a few non-censored words found here.)

Do not use profanity - even if it is just initials. Keep it civil please.

Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So...that would be a "no" as too you're having any actual first hand knowledge of who Trayvon was? Or even the actual facts in the case. The one thing you do seem sure of is: Trayvon was the person in the wrong. I'm sorry, but I still don't see how what you're doing is even slightly different from what you're decrying. :sorry:
tulc(was hoping you could explain the differences) :wave:

At this point my opinion is a good as anyones. :D

I didn't place blame on either party. I just presented what I think might have happened based on the information available, and my own experience and observations of young black men (I haven't observed many 28 year old white Latinos).

I also think that if Zimmerman had initiated the fight it would have been with a shove, not a punch. If a punch was thrown it was more likely from Trayvon. Although I will concede that the punch could have been in response to a shove by Zimmerman.

Upvote 0
U

UnamSanctam

I'm profiling Trayvon as one of millions of troubled, angry, black youth that are often quick to act violently when someone 'gets in their face'. I've seen it happen many times. Yup.

So basically you're a racist who goes "all dem n....rs just oughtta shuddup and get back to dem cotton fields...and I ain't just whislin' Dixie, boy!".
Good to know.

If you know something about the case (say, if you were an eye-witness to Trayvon threatening Zimmerman before the shooting), then you have something. Otherwise, you don't. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Trayvon was the aggressor here....except, of course, if you count the "All dem dar.ies be violent, man!"-attitude you seem to represent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So basically you're a racist bastard who goes "all dem n....rs just oughtta shuddup and get back to dem cotton fields...and I ain't just whislin' Dixie, boy!".
Good to know.

If you know something about the case (say, if you were an eye-witness to Trayvon threatening Zimmerman before the shooting), then you have something. Otherwise, you don't. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that Trayvon was the aggressor here....except, of course, if you count the "All dem dar.ies be violent, man!"-attitude you seem to represent.

You sound angry. Relax, have some Chamomile tea. :D

Upvote 0
U

UnamSanctam

You sound angry. Relax, have some Chamomile tea. :D

I suspect you of poisoning it if you could...
And yes, I am angry. Hey - what would your reaction have been if it'd been the other way around? If Treyvon had been white, and Zimmerman black?
I'm betting it's along the lines of "Da.n n....rs! That's just like'em!"

Upvote 0

marshlewis

Apr 13, 2004
✟3,955.00
Faith
Atheist
So basically you're a racist who goes "all dem n....rs just oughtta shuddup and get back to dem cotton fields...and I ain't just whislin' Dixie, boy!".
Good to know.

I think you have this wrong. So does he ( by such a long margin!) but i dont think this personal attack is justified.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I suspect you of poisoning it if you could...
And yes, I am angry. Hey - what would your reaction have been if it'd been the other way around? If Treyvon had been white, and Zimmerman black?
I'm betting it's along the lines of "Da.n n....rs! That's just like'em!"

Are you saying that you know what happened?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Answer my question, dude.

Sorry, I can't picture that scenario.

What I can picture though is black gangbangers shooting other bangers, women, kids, even babies. I don't think I'm the only one with this picture in mind seeing as it's been a very visible part of black culture for the last three or more decades. The media is trying to 'whitewash' (pun intended) Trayvon of any responsibility in this horrible event, but there are many who don't see it quite that way, yet. That said I may be wrong about what might have happened. If so :)sorry:) I'll issue a general apology to the boards.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,863.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

What I can picture though is black gangbangers shooting other bangers, women, kids, even babies. I don't think I'm the only one with this picture in mind seeing as it's been a very visible part of black culture for the last three or more decades. The media is trying to 'whitewash' (pun intended) Trayvon of any responsibility in this horrible event, but there are many who don't see it quite that way, yet. That said I may be wrong about what might have happened. If so :)sorry:) I'll issue a general apology to the boards.
I picture gun toting white trash shooting coloured folk who cross their path without any apparent concern.

Okay. Now, imagination time over and let's go back to addressing facts?

Upvote 0

moonkitty

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2006
✟16,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I picture Trayvon (having been intercepted and confronted) refusing to acknowledge Zimmerman's authority to demand any information from him regarding who he was and why he was in that neighborhood. I can see Trayvon angrily 'sucker punching' Zimmerman in the face thus starting the violence that followed. The struggle eventually led to both fighting for control of the gun which was now exposed. The struggle went on for several moments but Trayvon didn't scream until seconds before he was shot. At that point he knew he couldn't get the gun from Zimmerman's grip and thus the desparate yell for help. Zimmerman believed that if Trayvon did wrest the gun from him that it would be turned on himself.

I believe Trayvon carried a lot of anger within and it all boiled up in that confrontation, leading to his violent response, and resulting in his death. Very sad.

I believe that Zimmerman will not be prosecuted. If he is it will be a 'show trial' for the purpose availing the legal process to everyone, even though the conclusion will be evident early on.

What authority did Zimmerman have? He wasn't a cop, Zimmerman had no authority to demand any answers from anyone.

And if you want to talk about carrying a lot of anger, Zimmerman has had several hissy fits in the store I work at over nothing and once yelled at me, and tried to get me fired just because I would not take his expired coupons. If anyone had any anger issues, it was him.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,863.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Upvote 0

David09

Jun 5, 2010
✟15,452.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Oh good! Anger management issues; first hand accounts of anger management problems: Quick! Let's give this guy the illusion of authority and a lethal weapon!
Now our streets are safe.

and treyvon was suspended from school and smoked weed.
Martin I believe successfully completed his anger management program.

Upvote 0
U

UnamSanctam

Ah.....
That was basically all the answer I needed.
How's that David Duke these days? Having fun at the meetings?

1: Did Zimmerman know this?
2: Does smoking weed and being suspended from school make one an outlaw, and fair game for any nut with a trigger finger that itches?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

David09

Jun 5, 2010
✟15,452.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Ah.....
That was basically all the answer I needed.
How's that David Duke these days? Having fun at the meetings?

1: Did Zimmerman know this?
2: Does smoking weed and being suspended from school make one an outlaw, and fair game for any nut with a trigger finger that itches?

Point is that Zimmermans anger management and Trayvons shenanigans both don't matter.

BTW to address your previous point about role reversal, it's happened in the past with very limited media attention.
If you want I can try to find the names but it was a case where a white kid went up to some black kids house looking for a fight. After an only verbal exchange, black dad came out of the house and shot the kid point blank in the face killing him instantly. Guy spent only 5 months in jail and was released.
Guess what, little media coverage, no race riots, no bounties, no revolutions, no threats of murder.

Upvote 0
U

UnamSanctam

BTW to address your previous point about role reversal, it's happened in the past with very limited media attention.
If you want I can try to find the names but it was a case where a white kid went up to some black kids house looking for a fight. After an only verbal exchange, black dad came out of the house and shot the kid point blank in the face killing him instantly. Guy spent only 5 months in jail and was released.
Guess what, little media coverage, no race riots, no bounties, no revolutions, no threats of murder.

Effin disgrace! The guy should've fried! All that's left now, is to hope for something heavy to drop on his head from on high.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What authority did Zimmerman have? He wasn't a cop, Zimmerman had no authority to demand any answers from anyone.

Exactly. Trayvon would have challenged him on that point.

And if you want to talk about carrying a lot of anger, Zimmerman has had several hissy fits in the store I work at over nothing and once yelled at me, and tried to get me fired just because I would not take his expired coupons. If anyone had any anger issues, it was him.

Good point. Now you have two angry guys facing off. Unfortunately one had a gun.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟367,863.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
And what kind of stereotypes are you going to miscomport about people who smoke weed now? That they get crazy violent and unpredictable; that they may jungle rape your daughter.

To successfully complete an anger management course mandated by the courts, you must
1) Show up
2) Not sleep
3) Stay for the required time
4) Act friendly

You have to do these things for about 8 hours.

They are not "problem solvers". Besides, another poster on here pretty clearly indicated that Zim's still a bit of a rude, angry jerk (as he shopped in her store

ps....can you find the article with your story about the dad shooting in the face? Sounds pretty horrific.
old wise guy
Exactly. Trayvon would have challenged him on that point.
ANYONE would have challenged him on that point. Because it is a FULLY legitimate point upon which to challenge. So what? Because the boy was stating a fact, he ends up getting a slug in the chest?

Upvote 0