George Zimmerman had cause

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I see after 10 pages of discussion that you guys have gotten far.
Time well spent.

Where are supposed to be at this point? Did you believe we should have this incident/crime/tragedy solved within 10 pages on a Christian Forum?

LOL

Upvote 0

David09

Jun 5, 2010
✟15,452.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Where are supposed to be at this point? Did you believe we should have this incident/crime/tragedy solved within 10 pages on a Christian Forum?

LOL

Not solved but some progress would have been nice.
Just goes to show how useless debates on here are

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wikipedia "provides" whatever people put in it, darn it! Any one of us here can go straight to Wikipedia, and edit any article to make it say anything we like!

Wikipedia helps us get past the media headlines: "Black youth gunned down while walking from convenience store with skittles and tea."

Upvote 0

SOAD

Why do they always send the poor? (S.O.A.D.)
Jul 20, 2006
✟7,778.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Not solved but some progress would have been nice.
Just goes to show how useless debates on here are

Progress? LOL. You are in the wrong place for progress. Having said that, please leave us to do what we want to do, thanks. If you believe it is usless then you are in the wrong place.

Upvote 0

bricklayer

Dec 26, 2009
the rust belt
✟5,120.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So...why do you post here (not to be rude) if it's so useless? :confused:
tulc(is just curious) :wave:

I try to only post what is least likely to have occurred to others and look here for others to fill those gaps for me. That may not be progress, but it does go a long way toward clarity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bricklayer

Dec 26, 2009
the rust belt
✟5,120.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There seems to me to be several "camps":
Those who are left to believe that George assaulted Trayvon.
Those who are left to believe that George provoked Trayvon"s just assault on himself.
Those who are left to believe that George provoked Trayvon's unjust assault on himself.
I am left to believe that the historical, statistical and personal experience contexts that justify Trayvon's assault are not afforded to George. In other words, Trayvon is afforded the "right" to view George's provocations in light of his personal-racial experiences, sociological and historic contexts; George is not.

This actually reveals a deep cultural divide wherein one culture is encouraged to view the world in a broad context and another culture is encouraged to "greet every moment with a clean slate", "don't judge a book by its cover".

I've always considered "above all else don't profile or prejudge at any expense" to be way over the top, pasty face, academic detachment from reality that can only be employed by intellectuals who's final products remain in the realm of ideas. In other words, it's a dumb-white-idea.

Ironically in the US, I grew up a minority in my community. I'm not black, and I'm no stranger to a great many who are, but I am life long friends with a precious few. I am left to believe that the average black American will be judging the heck out of a book by it's cover. "What, are you stupid? Can't you even remember yesterday? I'll whip your dumb white butt, tell your mother and watch her do it again." It's been 40+yrs, but it usually went something like that. May God rest her soul.

Upvote 0

Wayte

Oh, you know. Some guy.
Jan 31, 2010
Silverdale, WA
✟18,059.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah I haven't posted a lot, I figure there is a 99.99999% chance that your question was addressed in this thread.

mine wasn't :D

Why would somebody warn specifically white progressives about possible riots?

Upvote 0

bricklayer

Dec 26, 2009
the rust belt
✟5,120.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
If Trayvon had a gun, that might hold some water. As it was... he was unarmed. Thus the murder was unjustifiable.

No justification to shoot an unarmed man? ok, I can see that. I disagree, and in this case, if George was being attacked, that state allows him to defend himself.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
No justification to shoot an unarmed man? ok, I can see that. I disagree, and in this case, if George was being attacked, that state allows him to defend himself.

What about Trayvon's right to defend himself from an armed man pursuing him? Was he not standing his ground, just without a gun?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Trayvon was seen on the ground ( With Zimmerman on top of him - and still without a gun) and heard screaming for someone to help him.

Doesn't sound like Zimmerman was in too much danger.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I try to only post what is least likely to have occurred to others and look here for others to fill those gaps for me. That may not be progress, but it does go a long way toward clarity.

Oh bricklayer, everyone knows why YOU post here. :wave:
tulc(that was pretty obvious) ;)

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What about Trayvon's right to defend himself from an armed man pursuing him? Was he not standing his ground, just without a gun?

I think that "right" is called - you lose. The right would only matter if he won.
It won't matter to the Court who the aggressor was; the unarmed man will be found not at fault. Which is not justice.

Upvote 0