Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Speaking of on topic, does anyone know what Zimmerman was carrying and how many shots were fired?

9mm and one shot. A couple 911 calls initially say "shots", but then later say they only heard one shot when questioned about it and afaik, the police only found one casing and all the other bullets that could fit in the gun were present.

Upvote 0

Glas Ridire

Dec 28, 2010
✟4,005.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, that was one curiosity in the case, I hadn't seen.

I am not sure that it "proves" anything, but was wondering because overkill seems to be a trend in hate crimes. Even in non-bias shootings, often it takes more than one 9mm to stop an attacker. Interesting indeed.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟309,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am very glad that George Zimmerman seems to have had good cause to shoot Travon Martin.
It is sad that the young Mr. Martin chose to act out in violence against Mr. Zimmerman and put his family through this.
I am glad that Mr. Zimmerman's wounds will heal and that he was able to defend himself.

That you are glad that a man was able to chase down an unarmed teenager and shoot him, whether he had cause or not to shoot, it is still sad. And I find it disturbing that you are happy about it.

I carry a weapon; do you?

I just might have too if enough God fearing Christians do.

Upvote 0

Skaloop

Agnostic atheist, pro-choice anti-abortion
May 10, 2006
Burnaby
Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
I am very glad that George Zimmerman seems to have had good cause to shoot Travon Martin.
It is sad that the young Mr. Martin chose to act out in violence against Mr. Zimmerman and put his family through this.
I am glad that Mr. Zimmerman's wounds will heal and that he was able to defend himself.

Surveillance footage from the police station has surfaced, which sheds poor light on Zimmerman's claims that he had his nose broken and his head smashed against the sidewalk; namely, that there are no visible cuts, bruises, or blood on him.

Nothing conclusive, of course, but it does add another twist to things.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟318,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Surveillance tape of Zimmerman at the police station after the shooting.

Look at all those injuries he seems to have already healed.

The NBC link is even worse for Zimmerman.

U.S. News - Police video shows George Zimmerman shortly after Trayvon Martin shooting

Check the text, the undertaker who dealt with Trayvon Martin's body did not see any signs of him being involved in an altercation. Just the gunshot wound.

It is almost like being in 2 different worlds. Everything the local Florida police say supports Zimmerman, every news source says something entirely different.

Upvote 0

Cuddles333

May 5, 2011
Denver
✟30,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Surveillance footage from the police station has surfaced, which sheds poor light on Zimmerman's claims that he had his nose broken and his head smashed against the sidewalk; namely, that there are no visible cuts, bruises, or blood on him.

Nothing conclusive, of course, but it does add another twist to things.

Remember when the news media showed the picture of Martin when he was about 11 or 12 years old. They showed a current picture of Zimmerman. It made everyone (including the President) think that Zimmerman was just a 5 ft. 9in. 250 lb. bully. Now, the news media thinks they can 'hood-wink' us again. Yes, this is a police video...but does the person in question in the video even remotely look like Zimmerman? Look at it. Does it?

Attachments

• 2012-03-28T040535Z_1521418413_GM1E83Q1TM501_RTRMADP_3_USA-FLORIDA-SHOOTING.jpg
    2012-03-28T040535Z_1521418413_GM1E83Q1TM501_RTRMADP_3_USA-FLORIDA-SHOOTING.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 54
Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I feel bad that Mr. Trayvon Martin was unable to stand his ground against Mr. George Zimmerman.

It is sad that the not stable Mr. Zimmerman chose to act out in violence against Mr. Martin and put his family through this rough time.

I feel sorry that Mr. Zimmerman feels he needs to act like a supercop when he is just a crazy neighborhood watch captain.

It is sad that Mr. Martin did not have a weapon to stand his ground when Mr. Zimmerman chased him down and attacked him.

I carry a weapon, do you?

Upvote 0

moonkitty

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2006
✟16,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Remember when the news media showed the picture of Martin when he was about 11 or 12 years old. They showed a current picture of Zimmerman. It made everyone (including the President) think that Zimmerman was just a 5 ft. 9in. 250 lb. bully. Now, the news media thinks they can 'hood-wink' us again. Yes, this is a police video...but does the person in question in the video even remotely look like Zimmerman? Look at it. Does it?

I think the person in the video looks like Zimmerman, and since I have personally met Mr. Zimmerman I think I'm a better judge of it than you.

Edited to add, on the local news this morning, Zimmerman's own brother says it was Zimmerman on the video.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

moonkitty

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2006
✟16,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I feel bad that Mr. Trayvon Martin was unable to stand his ground against Mr. George Zimmerman.

It is sad that the not stable Mr. Zimmerman chose to act out in violence against Mr. Martin and put his family through this rough time.

I feel sorry that Mr. Zimmerman feels he needs to act like a supercop when he is just a crazy neighborhood watch captain.

It is sad that Mr. Martin did not have a weapon to stand his ground when Mr. Zimmerman chased him down and attacked him.

You stated what I feel is the problem I have with this case and with the Stand Your Ground Law. How do we know that Travyon Martin was not Standing His Ground? He was being followed and according to his girlfriend he knew he was being followed. If you find yourself being followed, are you going to think that the person following you is up to no good? If Travyon was armed and being followed by Zimmerman, and shot Zimmerman because he felt threatened, would he have been arrested or not?

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives

There is nothing clear cut in this case. Too many people have influenced the evidence in the court of public op.
The public will never know the truth. Because all witnesses are supposedly intimidated by one side or the other.
"police pressured witnesses to change their story"
"Death threats from unknown people..."

Like I have said on other threads, maybe the local police force is racist, nothing more then a Arian militia with a badge. This would be the only way police would have incentive to commit a felony for a person they didn't know. (The man is hispanic, not many traditional racists groups stand up for one minority over another. He is half caucasion, but doesn't look it)
The conspiracy to cover this up had to start the night of the shooting. Pressure on witnesses would have been that night. The police did not arrest the man, because of witness reports and evidence obtained.

If witnesses changed his report since then, I wonder if it is not pressure from the multiple groups stirring the pot?

I could care less which side is right, I only want justice for which ever is right. If the shooter was wrong, then punish him. If the shooter was attacked, then let him go.
Demanding someone be arrested when no evidence supports an arrest, is false arrest.
When the Federal investigation is complete, we will know the answer. If it sides the wrong way, one side will not accept it. They already tried and convicted him in their own minds. Nothing short of this man being punished will satisfy them. Even if found guilty I bet they won't be happy with the punishment unless it is equal to capital murder.
If the federal investigation doesn't side with them, they will believe that the federal team is racist also. Which would mean a whole local police force conspired to assist a hispanic shooter, the state police would be in on it, and the Federal investigators also? All these police forces would commit felonies to protect one man that is not a cop?(for those that believe police will portect one of their own.)

This is either manslaughter or self defense. Not premeditated murder.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Tried and convicted by the media in your mind?

The facts don't support the medias theory on the event. Further investigation will have to weed out the false statements from the real. There is no clear case as of yet. Pressure is/has been applied to witnesses. By police or by African American protestors/militia.

Mr Zimmerman and friends have said all along, that he is not racist, he shot in self defence, and has remained silent.

The family of the victim: Has trademarked several items for monetary gain. has given the media a picture of a twelve year old(misleading the public) Has objected to the police releasing the shooters side of the story
when they are in front of a camera every chance they getto tell thier side.

An Anti-semetic militia Group has offered a bounty for the "Arrest" (cannot arrest someone if they are not charged with a crime.)

One national figure released the address of the shooter in an attempt to harrass him, but gave the wrong address. I hope the couple sues him for a good amount.

If guilty, let him be punished, if innocent leave him alone, but let justice figure out the truth.

Upvote 0

marshlewis

Apr 13, 2004
✟3,955.00
Faith
Atheist

It seems that video evidence contradicts zimmermans 'good cause'. You of course will be glad to entertain the possibility that a law and order fetishist provoked a lethal confrontation safe in the knowlege that his actions were both legal and above all moral.
Your welcome.

Upvote 0

Harpuia

Oldie... very very oldie...
Nov 9, 2004
Undisclosed
✟27,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Tried and convicted by the media in your mind?

The facts don't support the medias theory on the event. Further investigation will have to weed out the false statements from the real. There is no clear case as of yet. Pressure is/has been applied to witnesses. By police or by African American protestors/militia.

Mr Zimmerman and friends have said all along, that he is not racist, he shot in self defence, and has remained silent.

The family of the victim: Has trademarked several items for monetary gain. has given the media a picture of a twelve year old(misleading the public) Has objected to the police releasing the shooters side of the story
when they are in front of a camera every chance they getto tell thier side.

An Anti-semetic militia Group has offered a bounty for the "Arrest" (cannot arrest someone if they are not charged with a crime.)

One national figure released the address of the shooter in an attempt to harrass him, but gave the wrong address. I hope the couple sues him for a good amount.

If guilty, let him be punished, if innocent leave him alone, but let justice figure out the truth.

Read my blog. I don't believe he is racist either. He was a moron trying to play supercop.

I just wanted to show how easily bricklayer's statement can be reversed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Haven't you ever heard this: "If someone hadn't broken up that fight they would have killed one another." Apparently (actually) no one broke up the fight.

George Zimmerman is the only one who knows what happened. All the other witness accounts are so vague and uncertain as to be useless in reaching a final conclusion. Zimmerman will walk, and take any secrets with him.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Zimmerman was carrying A GUN and fired enough shots to bring Trayvon down. Enough to kill him. 3 shots or 11 shots, does not matter in the least.

Considering it takes time to fire those bullets it does. If he shot him 187 times, I think it might raise some slight suspicions.

Upvote 0
U

UnamSanctam

Trolling troll is trolling....
Either that, or a KKK'er in disguise

Reactions: San54
Upvote 0

RoadWarrior

Seeking the middle path.....
Mar 25, 2012
Texas
✟8,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Considering it takes time to fire those bullets it does. If he shot him 187 times, I think it might raise some slight suspicions.

Heck, I'm suspicious that he stalked a kid because he though black kids were all criminals and carried a gun to bring them down. George Zimmerman ignored the Police and continued to stalk this kid and now this kid, Trayvon Martin, is dead. Shot dead by George Zimmerman. Now tell me what is wrong with this picture? Tell me the emotions involved in this event wouldn't be different if Trayvon was white or Hispanic?

Upvote 0