• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

George Zimmerman had cause

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by bricklayer, Mar 28, 2012.

1. bricklayer

bricklayer Well-Known Member

+178
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    I am very glad that George Zimmerman seems to have had good cause to shoot Travon Martin.
    It is sad that the young Mr. Martin chose to act out in violence against Mr. Zimmerman and put his family through this.
    I am glad that Mr. Zimmerman's wounds will heal and that he was able to defend himself.

I carry a weapon; do you?

2. Blayz

Blayz Well-Known Member

+212
    Atheist
    Married
    You are glad he had good cause. How disturbing.

I live in a country with a total gun ban. By choice. So no.

3. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+7,821
    Christian
    Married
    You're adorable when you post things like this! :D

[​IMG]
    "My body is a weapon!"
    tulc(loved Don Knotts) :D

4. bricklayer

bricklayer Well-Known Member

+178
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution

5. Incariol

Incariol Newbie

+220
    Christian
    Single
    US-Democrat
    There really isn't anything to say in response to something this ridiculous, as it crosses the Moral Event Horizon - Television Tropes & Idioms

6. Glas Ridire

Glas Ridire Well-Known Member

+118
    Celtic Catholic
    Married
    Um, by and large, those of us in the gun tot'tin community are still in significant debate about this shoot. Are the usual opportunists decending on the scene like buzzards? Sure. Is this shoot justified? Members on responsible gun forums are waiting for more facts and discussing "how to avoid" right now. Always, even in a completely justified shoot such as the Treptow case in MN, there is a lag between the event and all the facts. Declaring too much too soon can be harmful in the event of a good shoot and hurt us worse if we find ourselves supporting a bad shoot. In many ways, 2A supporters must be MORE dilligent in identifying what shoots to support and which to condemn. If our shooter here was in the wrong, we need to "fess up" as not doing so gives Sarah Brady and clan, more ammunition to use against us. If he was in the right, they get to eat crow. Waiting for the facts keeps us from ending up on the wrong side of that. Facts help, don't hurt 2A advocates.

7. Tenka

Tenka Guest

+0
  8. Roxanne71

Roxanne71 Newbie

+0
    Non-Denom
    Married

You're glad that George Zimmerman killed an unarmed teenager? BTW, the tape of Zimmerman at the police station shows him with no visible injuries. What happened to the broken nose and head injury he claims to have sustained during the "attack"? And if Trayvon was the one attacking Zimmerman then why is Treyvon crying in the background in the 911 tape right before being shot to death?

And no, I do not have any reason to carry a gun. I have carried pepper spray before but I would never carry a gun.

My heart and prayers go out to Trayvon's family. I can't imagine the pain and hurt of losing a child. :cry:

9. gnomon

gnomon Active Member

+32
    Atheist
    Single
    You are jumping the gun on this.

10. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+7,821
    Christian
    Married
  11. Blayz

Blayz Well-Known Member

+212
    Atheist
    Married
    Regardless of my preference, in neither case would I ascribe any kind of happiness to it.

I am implying that you being glad that he has a cause is disturbing.

12. variant

variant Happy Cat

+2,033
    Agnostic
    Single
    It's always amazeing when people think deadly force was justified by a man whose own injuries were easily treatable with a slight application of first aid and dissapeared within hrs.

Meanwhile the other person is stone dead.

Onward christian soldiers.

13. iLogos

iLogos Gal 5:16 So Walk In The Spirit!

+23
    Christian
    Married
  14. iLogos

+23
    Christian
    Married
    I think every one needs to hold back any final judgement until the investigation is completed. This whole tragic incident has sparked off emotions and stupid talk too. Right down to Spike Lee tweeting a couples address as Zimmerman's address. The couple had to stay at a hotel for a few nights out of fear and death threats! Even Gerardo Rivera's well intended comments were taken out of context and made to look like he blamed Martin because he wore a hoodie. Right down to a ridiculous congressman (ex-panther) delivering a speech at congress wearing a hoodie. The whole world has gone mad!

How about we all take a chill pill and wait and see the final out come first before making any judgement?!

And no I do not carry a gun or own one.

15. Glas Ridire

Glas Ridire Well-Known Member

+118
    Celtic Catholic
    Married
    Speaking of on topic, does anyone know what Zimmerman was carrying and how many shots were fired?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2012
  16. iLogos

+23
    Christian
    Married
    9mm not sure how many shots

17. Theofane

Theofane Guest

+0
  18. Theofane

Theofane Guest

+0
    Zimmerman was carrying A GUN and fired enough shots to bring Trayvon down. Enough to kill him. 3 shots or 11 shots, does not matter in the least.

19. craigerNY

craigerNY I bring nothing to the table

+355
    Agnostic
    Single
    You are glad that a person was in the position to be killed and that someone was there to kill him. Classy.

I'd think that this situation would be considered sad and that the preferrence would be that it would have never happened. Neither Martin or Zimmerman should be where they are today, the whole thing is unfortunate to say the very least.

20. ulu

ulu Senior Member

+160
    Christian
    Single
    The truth won't ever come out in this case because cops tend to stick up for each other even when they know wrong has been done.
    Zimmerman and the florida police will benefit from the deception while the dead teen and his family pay a horrific price.