George Monbiot: This cold weather is caused by – you guessed it – global warming!

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hey there, RKO!

I think that you and I have just joined LWU's list of extremely left wing Democrats because of our disagreement with his unsupported allegations.

To Clarify: I am registered as an Independent voter, and usually vote Libertarian. I am a small business owner and a life member of the NRA. I admit to left handed, but my politics are decidedly conservative.
You can believe whatever and whomever you want, but it won't be proven what the weather will be like in a thousand years until a thousand years from now. Until then, I'm going to be skeptical about it.

Upvote 0

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
Hey there, RKO!

I think that you and I have just joined LWU's list of extremely left wing Democrats because of our disagreement with his unsupported allegations.

To Clarify: I am registered as an Independent voter, and usually vote Libertarian. I am a small business owner and a life member of the NRA. I admit to left handed, but my politics are decidedly conservative.

I'm disappointed. I thought I had been on his (or her) list for a while.
I am an unabashed liberal with a cabinet full of guns. I rarely feel the need to carry them into Kroger, though. Just target shooting.

Upvote 0

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
You can believe whatever and whomever you want, but it won't be proven what the weather will be like in a thousand years until a thousand years from now. Until then, I'm going to be skeptical about it.

What happened to your challenge to us to find a republican scientist who knows climate change is real? You were going to take it apart and show that we were wrong? we've given you five or six already.

Have you changed your mind?

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Fine, I choose to simply not believe you. You make a claim, you provide the link otherwise I think you're hiding something.
Here it is:

motherjones.com/environment/2012/01/mit-climate-scientists-wife-threatened-frenzy-hate

Upvote 0

sylverpiano

unworthy
Oct 14, 2010
✟53,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

But what does the weather a thousand years from now do to support the allegations you put forth in this post?

Show me a scientist who believes in global warming, and I'll show you someone who hates conservatives and believes totally in the Democrat party. I spell it "Democrat" for shorthand.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What happened to your challenge to us to find a republican scientist who knows climate change is real? You were going to take it apart and show that we were wrong? we've given you five or six already.
I must have missed it. Who are these examples of scientists who believe in global warming but who aren't against the Republican party?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Read the whole article and didn't see where he told people not to vote for Republicans. Perhaps I'm just stupid. Could you quote him where he said not to vote for Republicans?
He doesn't have to say the words "don't vote for Republicans" when it's a video of him ranting against the Republican party.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Uh huh. He seems to be upset that the candidates of his party reject his scientific knowledge out of hand. He doesn't seem to be telling anybody to vote for anybody else.
It's not real science if the scientists who have dissenting opinions are automatically shut out and treated as heretics. This global warming thing has reached a kind of religious level of dogma where people are told they MUST believe.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
It's not real science if the scientists who have dissenting opinions are automatically shut out.

Sure sure.

And Santa Claus doesn't believe it either because LOOK AT ALL THAT SNOW when him and George Washington deliver toys to the good Conservative boys and girls while giving coal to the Liberal boys and girls but they can't give it to people who don't believe in him so they don't get anything unless their parents get them something but they don't always because money could be tight because it's so COLD and things in the winter aren't HOT at all there's SNOW AND ICE and oh my goodness little Timmy might not be able to make it to get hot chocolate by the fire because it's cold and those BIG BAD SCIENTISTS might eat him in the woods because they don't mind killing humans so long as they don't get dissenting opinions as the scientific method doesn't factor at all into their findings because they only want to be told what they already believe and it's only the wonderful, lovely Conservative politicians that really know what's up because those scientists are only after the grant money that makes them rich what with the mansions and the gold plated test tubes in their HOT houses because there is no warming or cooling it's just a natural cycle of living beings burning the fossils of those that walked before them for energy as the divine intended along with John Adams and George Washington and Santa.......

Upvote 0

Viren

Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Seattle
✟46,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Global Warming is called such due to it's effects causing the average global temperature to rise.
Global Warming is also accompanied by an increase in more extreme weather of all kinds including cold spells.

Both Climate Change and Global Warming are accurate terms for the phenomenon.
Both terms have been used for at least 40 years:
Climate Change: Critical Concepts in the Environment - Google Books
(Paper from 1975)

Yep, more extremes. We just finished the hottest summer on record.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The notion of global warming got popular when the pop singer Madonna went on tour during a hot summer telling everyone to notice how hot it was. But they started calling it "climate change" when it became obvious that the world isn't getting warmer. So now they expect people to believe that the world is getting colder because of global warming. I'm not buying it.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
they started calling it "climate change" when it became obvious that the world isn't getting warmer.

But, the world is getting warmer. Demonstrably so.

201301-201312.png

So now they expect people to believe that the world is getting colder because of global warming. I'm not buying it.

Who exactly is expecting you to believe the world is getting colder because of Global warming? I haven't heard that one before.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yep, more extremes. We just finished the hottest summer on record.
So it went from being about warming to being about "extremes." That's pretty convenient since no matter what happens, hot summer or cold winter, the liberals can say that "climate change" did it. Well, how old is the world? And what portion of that time does this record include? The ice age was extreme. But was that caused by us humans?

Last edited:
Upvote 0