George Monbiot: This cold weather is caused by – you guessed it – global warming!

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
I'm reminded of the political cartoon in which a man asks "what if its a hoax and we create a better environment for nothing???"

The fact that there are people who deny this should be the clearest signal that the conservative message is being controlled by those who stand to make a lot of money from it.
They get you all worked up that your taxes will go up if we have to clean up the environment. Then they let you do their work for them.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Please see if you can follow this:

It's cold in North America because:

1) It's winter
2) The jet stream is sagging way to far south and not bottling up the air in the Northern part of the planet.

The jet stream is sagging because:

The temperature gradient between the north and south is too low to hold the jet stream in the place it has been for the last, like 40,000 years.

This is cause by the warming of the planet.

North America is cold as a direct and predictable result of the warming of the air caused by the evaporation of the oceans put too much moisture in the air, causing the Jet Stream to sink to the South.

This was predicted 20 years ago by every credible climate model is use at the time.

It just happened 25 years early than predicted. Because the planet is warming faster than predicted.

What's it going to take before people start believing this.

Reactions: MKJ
Upvote 0

sylverpiano

unworthy
Oct 14, 2010
✟53,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Show me a scientist who believes in global warming, and I'll show you someone who hates conservatives and believes totally in the Democrat party. I spell it "Democrat" for shorthand.
You are, of course, entitled to your opinion but the allegation that any scientist who accepts climate change/global warming "hates conservatives and believes totally in the democratic party" is likely unsupported by factual evidence.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You are, of course, entitled to your opinion but the allegation that any scientist who accepts climate change/global warming "hates conservatives and believes totally in the democratic party" is likely unsupported by factual evidence.
Like I said, show me a scientist who believes in global warming, and I'll show you a liberal who hates conservatives. Just give me one example of these scientists, and I'll show you that what I'm saying is true.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I spell it "Democrat" for shorthand.

Rather, you do so because it is pejorative. Which is fine really. Totally your right to do so and I support that right 100%, but you might consider being intilectually honest about what motivates you to use that noun as an adjective.

Being honest and up front about your continued, purposeful misuse of "Democrat" as an adjective epithet would go a long way toward our readers respecting your motivations behind the rest of your Republican't musings.

Upvote 0

sylverpiano

unworthy
Oct 14, 2010
✟53,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Like I said, show me a scientist who believes in global warming, and I'll show you a liberal who hates conservatives. Just give me one example of these scientists, and I'll show you that what I'm saying is true.
You, sir, are making the allegation. One would suspect that, if you have a factual basis for your opinion, that you would be more than able to support this position. You paint with a very broad brush, and the credibility of your position is in question.

Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You, sir, are making the allegation. One would suspect that, if you have a factual basis for your opinion, that you would be more than able to support this position. You paint with a very broad brush, and the credibility of your position is in question.
I made a claim that if not true would be very easy to prove wrong simply by giving one scientist as an example.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic

Actually that is just the excuse you use to ignore the massive evidence against you.

Upvote 0

sylverpiano

unworthy
Oct 14, 2010
✟53,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I made a claim that if not true would be very easy to prove wrong simply by giving one scientist as an example.
bolding mine
This is the case: you made the claim, and are unwilling to support it with factual evidence. So, to disprove your statement, I offer:

Dr. Katharine Hayho Conservative, Evangelical Christian Climate Scientist

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
bolding mine
This is the case: you made the claim, and are unwilling to support it with factual evidence. So, to disprove your statement, I offer:

Dr. Katharine Hayho Conservative, Evangelical Christian Climate Scientist

That's two so far. Don't hold your breath expecting LWU to admit his error.

Upvote 0

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
Last edited:
Upvote 0

sylverpiano

unworthy
Oct 14, 2010
✟53,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey there, RKO!

I think that you and I have just joined LWU's list of extremely left wing Democrats because of our disagreement with his unsupported allegations.

To Clarify: I am registered as an Independent voter, and usually vote Libertarian. I am a small business owner and a life member of the NRA. I admit to left handed, but my politics are decidedly conservative.

Upvote 0