Record Cold: So Which is politically correct? Global Warming? or Climate CHANGE?

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It appears to me that while the one constant over the ages is "change" --- the new buzzword changed from "Global warming" - to "Climate CHANGE". So now we fear the one constant that CAN be proven?? the constant CHANGE?

Maybe there is a good reason for the "Change in tactics". Maybe the weather is not cooperating with "Global warming" predictions.

==========================================================================
from: The Grand Solar Minimum will devastate Earth until 2070 - Strange Sounds

"A periodic solar event called a “Grand Solar Minimum” has started in 2020 and will probably last until 2050.

grand solar minimum

Grand Solar Minimum
"During this period, the sun’s magnetic field is weak, allowing extra cosmic rays into the solar system. All in all, we will enter a cooler time period… And this cold spell may last up to 50 years…

During a solar minimum, and particularly, a Grand Solar Minimum, more cosmic rays (CRs) enter Earth’s atmosphere.

These particles act as cloud nuclei by ionization and propagate low level cloud formation.
Some cosmic rays may reach the Earth’s surface and even penetrate it, increasing the intensity and numbers of:
  • Storm, hurricane, cyclone, typhoon,
  • Downpours,
  • Snowstorms and blizzards,
  • Tornadoes,
  • Hail,
  • Flooding and flash floods,
  • Global cooling,
  • Earthquakes,
  • Volcanoes,
  • Lightning, other lightning events
  • Unprecedented solar flares
Grand Solar Minima and their related cooler phases are historically linked to drought, heat waves and wildfires due to extreme jet stream disturbances.

During the Little Ice Age, temperatures across the Northern Hemisphere declined by only 0.6°C (1.1°F) relative to the average temperature between 1000 and 2000 CE, but brutal frost and snow events led to devastating crop failures.

A Grand Solar Minimum occurs approximately every 200 years. The last notable event was the Dalton Minimum c. 1790 – 1820, which was followed by the end of the Little Ice Age, the 2nd Industrial Revolution, unprecedented demographic increase and the beginning of the modern global warming trend (which began c. 1850 and lasted until c. 2000).

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Rajni and GDL
J
jacorian
Welcome to my field. Yes this change occurred circa 2014, the year we had a polar vortex winter & the debunking of the 97% consensus. I would say this. Yes climate changes. When a string of events happens so quickly for people to digest, they begin to be persuaded that it must be triggered by man. Not good use of logic. Yes many events most of which are natural
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Dangerous "Global cooling"??

in that article above:

=============================

1. 2022 Greenland summer of 2022

2. 2022 Arctic summer and spring - Coldest on Record​

3. 2022 Antarctic winter - Coldest on Record​

4. 2022 Southern Hemisphere Full Report - here

• Strongest on Record - Atmosphere's Stratospheric Cooling

5. 2021 3rd Coldest January and February on Record​

• Alaska into Central and Northern Canada to Greenland

6. 2024 Strong La Nina - New " Pacific Ocean - Cold Phase Cycle"​

• Dangerous Global Cooling from 2023 through 2085

7. 2022 Global Temperatures - Currently Near Normal​

• at Ending Stage of a Global Warming Cycle

• Explained in Professor Dilley's Video - here

8. 2022 Global Atmospheric Carbon Dioxide - Full Report here

• Close to Normal for Current 120,000 Year Cycle

• Rise since 1850 is 80% Natural Carbon Dioxide

• Rise in Carbon Dioxide has not Changed the Climate

_______________​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,017.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It appears to me that while the one constant over the ages is "change" --- the new buzzword changed from "Global warming" - to "Climate CHANGE". So now we fear the one constant that CAN be proven?? the constant CHANGE?

Maybe there is a good reason for the "Change in tactics". Maybe the weather is not cooperating with "Global warming" predictions.

"A periodic solar event called a “Grand Solar Minimum” has started in 2020 and will probably last until 2070.

grand solar minimum

Grand Solar Minimum
"During this period, the sun’s magnetic field is weak, allowing extra cosmic rays into the solar system. All in all, we will enter a cooler time period… And this cold spell may last up to 50 years…

During a solar minimum, and particularly, a Grand Solar Minimum, more cosmic rays (CRs) enter Earth’s atmosphere.

These particles act as cloud nuclei by ionization and propagate low level cloud formation.
Some cosmic rays may reach the Earth’s surface and even penetrate it, increasing the intensity and numbers of:
  • Downpours,
  • Tornadoes,
  • Hail,
  • Global cooling,
  • Earthquakes,
  • Volcanoes,
Grand Solar Minima and their related cooler phases are historically linked to drought, heat waves and wildfires due to extreme jet stream disturbances.

During the Little Ice Age, temperatures across the Northern Hemisphere declined by only 0.6°C (1.1°F) relative to the average temperature between 1000 and 2000 CE, but brutal frost and snow events led to devastating crop failures.

A Grand Solar Minimum occurs approximately every 200 years. The last notable event was the Dalton Minimum c. 1790 – 1820, which was followed by the end of the Little Ice Age, the 2nd Industrial Revolution, unprecedented demographic increase and the beginning of the modern global warming trend (which began c. 1850 and lasted until c. 2000).

When it's hot in the summer it's global warming. When it's cold in the winter it's climate change.

Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟611,027.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The risk that simply dismissing the question of Climate Change, is that we may be failing in our responsibility for the stewardship of the Earth's resources. The precious gift of creation should remind us of the giver, and our treatment of the gift should bear a reflection of how we value the giver.

I certainly think we should listen to the science, though I am not outright saying that we should trust the science (that would be very unscientific). Since the industrial revolution, there has been a significant rise in the emission of Carbon Dioxide, and an exponential growth in population. Logic says that there are limits to how much of either the planet can sustain, and whilst we may not know what those limits are, wisdom suggests that we should try to be part of the solution, rather than part of the problem.

For Anglicans, the fifth mark of mission is:
Tend: To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation, and sustain and renew the life of the earth
In the global discussion, the terminology has changed, and I think this reflects a growing understanding that it is not simply about the temperature. I personally think we should recognise that for what it is, rather than casting 'mistersions' and ridiculing the matter.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

"A periodic solar event called a “Grand Solar Minimum” has started in 2020 and will probably last until 2070.

grand solar minimum

Grand Solar Minimum

• Downpours,
  • Tornadoes,
  • Hail,
  • Global cooling,
  • Earthquakes,
  • Volcanoes,

No doubt we are all experiencing a global change in climate due to atmospheric warming. The question is who's to blame?
Blessings.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

1. 2022 Greenland summer of 2022

2. 2022 Arctic summer and spring - Coldest on Record​

3. 2022 Antarctic winter - Coldest on Record​

4. 2022 Southern Hemisphere Full Report - here

• Strongest on Record - Atmosphere's Stratospheric Cooling

5. 2021 3rd Coldest January and February on Record​

• Alaska into Central and Northern Canada to Greenland

6. 2024 Strong La Nina - New " Pacific Ocean - Cold Phase Cycle"​

• Dangerous Global Cooling from 2023 through 2085

No doubt we are all experiencing a global change in climate due to atmospheric warming. The question is who's to blame?
Blessings.
to blame for what "record cold in winter"?

Maybe we need more "Green house gases" in winter

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟47,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The risk that simply dismissing the question of Climate Change, is that we may be failing in our responsibility for the stewardship of the Earth's resources. The precious gift of creation should remind us of the giver, and our treatment of the gift should bear a reflection of how we value the giver.
Climate has and will change as long as the earth endures. It changed long before there was man. The question is are humans contributing to change now. In other words, is climate change anthropomorphic climate change?

I don't know. Even after you discard sensationalist predictions panned by climatologists, you can see change in the data. But then I come across an outlier, such as an observation in the 18th Century that doesn't fit with assumptions. I've learned of a clergyman who kept detailed records in the 18th Century, and they seem to still be existent, but I've yet to find them. They would be interesting to go over and to compare to data now.

Reactions: Philip_B
Upvote 0

Philip_B

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟611,027.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

WorldPopulationGrowthChart.jpg
One difficulty I have is that the world population growth chart seems to replicate the growth in atmospheric CO2. If you couple that with the clear and certain knowledge that a person living in the 21st-century urban west is almost certainly using more of the earth's resources simply living and going about the daily grind, than his predecessors in bygone centuries did. Do we want to be part of the solution, or simply part of the problem?

There was a growing interest in all sorts of metrology, and allied fields in the 18th century, and a number of those involved were clergy, which possibly reflects a connection between the creator and the created. William Borlase, a cornish methodist clergyman was one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

grand solar minimum

Grand Solar Minimum

• Downpours,
  • Tornadoes,
  • Hail,
  • Global cooling,
  • Earthquakes,
  • Volcanoes,

Climate change is a more accurate description .... the climate will deed change .... the question remains can man do anything about it?

Can man do anything to prolong earth's existence? No, that's up to God.

We should try and reduce pollution (water and air) as much as we can ... yes .... but control the climate? Nope we can't do that.

• Informative
Reactions: GDL
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Climate has and will change as long as the earth endures. It changed long before there was man. The question is are humans contributing to change now. In other words, is climate change anthropomorphic climate change?

I don't know. Even after you discard sensationalist predictions panned by climatologists, you can see change in the data. But then I come across an outlier, such as an observation in the 18th Century that doesn't fit with assumptions. I've learned of a clergyman who kept detailed records in the 18th Century, and they seem to still be existent, but I've yet to find them. They would be interesting to go over and to compare to data now.

One difficulty I have is that the world population growth chart seems to replicate the growth in atmospheric CO2.
hmmm ...

How much CO2 do animals give off?

How much CO2 in a single volcanic eruption?

How much CO2 does the ocean produce?

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

"Climate Change" was a brilliant revision as it incorporates both Global Cooling AND Global Warming into a single, existential threat. I remember loving the show "In Search Of" back in the 1970's as it was hosted by Lenoard Nimoy. The video above is a 2-minute excerpt from the 1978 episode called, "In Search of the Coming Ice Age", and the one below is the complete episode if anyone is interested.

My high school science textbooks warned us of an impending ice age and of our doom as well (if radical changes were not implemented immediately).

Very sorry about the video quality, but this is a TV show from the 1970's.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Philip_B

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟611,027.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
hmmm ...

How much CO2 do animals give off?

How much CO2 in a single volcanic eruption?

How much CO2 does the ocean produce?

I don't disagree, but simply ask, do you want to be part of the problem or part of the solution?

Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟93,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
do you want to be part of the problem or part of the solution?
In the dreams of the climate "overlords" , there is no "solution". It is just another way, to dictate to the masses, rules that they do not have to obey.
I grew up in the 60's -70's. When I was in school, the BEST car MPG was 20mpg, every city had factory smokestacks belching white or black substances, dumping waste into rivers, streams, my parents, and our neighbors, never had trash pick up service until I was in high school- they burned their trash in a 55gal. barrel. No one recycled anything. Needless to say, none of that is allowed these days, yet it is still not enough. Nor will it ever be. It reminds me of this C.S. Lewis' quote:
"It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟47,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't disagree, but simply ask, do you want to be part of the problem or part of the solution?
The question is whether we can be either. We had a tornado outbreak last night, and guess what: the only thing we could do about it was to live through it. If Anthropomorphic Global Warming (AGW) is going on, then we could in theory do things to alleviate it. But if it's completely natural, it would be no different than preforming a ritual to help the moon rise. It would have no effect at all.

• Informative
Upvote 0

GDL

Jul 25, 2020
SE
✟105,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I said " who's to blame ". The debate is either natural or man made.
I said "Or what's the true cause(s)" - natural or man-made? Who's to blame? What's to blame? Who's the cause? What's the cause? Combined we're both asking pertinent questions. I'm joining you.

Upvote 0