Record Cold: So Which is politically correct? Global Warming? or Climate CHANGE?

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I said "Or what's the true cause(s)" - natural or man-made? Who's to blame? What's to blame? Who's the cause? What's the cause? Combined we're both asking pertinent questions. I'm joining you.
OK, I think it is naturally cyclical.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Neutral Observer

Nov 25, 2022
North America
✟27,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the dreams of the climate "overlords" , there is no "solution". It is just another way, to dictate to the masses, rules that they do not have to obey.

As long as there are societies there'll be people who'll decide the laws by which they function, and there'll be other people who'll complain about them. It's often difficult to determine which one is worse.

• Haha
Reactions: Philip_B
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
hmmm ...

How much CO2 do animals give off?

How much CO2 in a single volcanic eruption?

How much CO2 does the ocean produce?

I don't disagree, but simply ask, do you want to be part of the problem or part of the solution?
I exhale CO2 if that is what you mean. Plants seem to really enjoy that fact.

And I don't have a vote about this current "Grand Solar Minimum" that is ginning up a lot of "Global cooling" for us. (Unless of course I find a way to produce more greenhouse gases to reduce the global cooling)

Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟92,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As long as there are societies there'll be people who'll decide the laws by which they function (And also decide, they are above complying by those laws) , and there'll be other people who'll complain about them. It's often difficult to determine which one is worse.
Fixed it for you.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think it's pretty safe to say "climate change".... As we know that it continually changes.
All those scientists that agreed that there was "climate change" agreed to the statement that did not include the "man made" part

Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Which is politically correct? Global Warming? or Climate CHANGE?

Fried Baloney?
Both are politically correct. What is an issue, IMO, is that they always assume that the "man made" claim is a given.

It is no secret that the climate of the earth is continually changing. There are structures that exist under water lines, in desert areas, in fridged regions.. that indicate that the temperature or weather conditions associated with the area have changed dramatically.

It is also obvious to people who have lived for longer periods of time, that over the years that the seasons aren't as hot or cold as other previous years.

The earth warms and cools. The sun,itself, goes through periods of slightly hotter or cooler fazes.

The whole claim that cow flatulence or vehicles or fire places are going to cause the CO2 to increase and heat the earth... is the debate.

I hold to the view that this is not man made...

What is "man made" is the panic and bullying that creates an uneasiness for anyone who stands up to the view that contradicts the "politically correct" mantra.

People have a right to their opinion. However, people like me are labeled "climate deniers" ( odd... nobody denies that there is a climate) or tinfoil hat wearers... even "racist" and other derogatory names.

This "man made" panic is used to allow governments to tax already overtaxed people and take money from those that are working to create a life for themselves and their families.... and put it in the pockets of the elite, who already have more than they need.

The rich of this world will always use their power, or their money to buy the power of others... to tip the scales and funnel more money into their hands. They do this using propaganda like this whole "climate change" hoax... as a carrier and motivator of their greed.

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟609,344.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The rich of this world will always use their power, or their money to buy the power of others... to tip the scales and funnel more money into their hands. They do this using propaganda like this whole "climate change" hoax... as a carrier and motivator of their greed.
I am not sure if you mean this to be an observation or a prescription. The underpinned assumption that unfettered capitalism is a given does not seem to be necessarily Christian. I would hold that we have a duty of care and stewardship of the resources of creation as part of the bountiful gift of the God who formed us of the dust of the earth.

In fact, I don't particularly care about what is politically correct, What I do care about is where I should stand as a Christian in the area. I want my faith to inform my politics, and I do not need my politics to inform my faith.

Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I am not sure if you mean this to be an observation or a prescription. The underpinned assumption that unfettered capitalism is a given does not seem to be necessarily Christian. I would hold that we have a duty of care and stewardship of the resources of creation as part of the bountiful gift of the God who formed us of the dust of the earth.

In fact, I don't particularly care about what is politically correct, What I do care about is where I should stand as a Christian in the area. I want my faith to inform my politics, and I do not need my politics to inform my faith.
I totally agree that we should be "good stewards" of this earth as the creation of Christ and His giving it to us.

However, I consider myself a good steward. I don't need to go into all of the details of this.

The government and various groups who have power, want to take my money and pretend that it is going to be used to halt the degradation of the world climate... which they profess to be caused by people like you and me.

1/ I believe that God, the creator, has all of this in His competent control.
2/ If man existing on this earth was affecting the climate to an extent that is dangerous to our existence.... it was not mentioned in the bible.
3/ The countries that are causing the most pollution, that is given as the cause of this "man made" issue... don't care. (maybe these countries, since they are communist and control their people at will.... don't need a hoax like this... so they just ignore what the rest of the free world is doing as a method to control their people)
4/ From what I can deduce... the only thing that would make a dent in what they are claiming to be the issue... would be to remove mankind.
5/ I have lived long enough to have been told that there was so much pollution that we would all be wearing masks in 10 years, there was going to be an ice age... we are going to run out of energy... there's a huge hole in the ozone that is going to kill us off... All made many people wealthy.

The more important issue is that the powers that be are using this to, not only make billions of dollars... but to lead us into a state of dependence on one type of energy.... electricity.

If they could make us totally dependent on electricity.. how easy would it be for them to just turn it off... throttle it.... make it outrageously expensive.... only make it available to those that are elite?

Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟609,344.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If they could make us totally dependent on electricity.. how easy would it be for them to just turn it off... throttle it.... make it outrageously expensive.... only make it available to those that are elite?
It would be very hard for me to understand that we are not already totally dependent on electricity, and have been for the best part of 100 years. Secondly, it is outrageously expensive, at least in my country, with dire predictions that it's heading up at an ever-increasing rate.

As an Australian, it is in my DNA not to trust Government. Psalm 146:3-4 Every time they announce some structural change to save me money, I observe that it has cost me more in the short, medium and long term.

The human population of the planet is not in excess of 8 billion people. In 1804 the world population hit 1 billion people.

I am not of a view that was in the mind of people in towns long ago. In the 1st century, Rome had possibly 1 million people in the city, and no European city would reach that again until after the industrial revolution. And we know that water and drainage were big issues for them. The volume and the nature of waste created in the modern city are altogether different in terms of volume, and in terms of potential for long-term harm to the environment.

China for one, I know has done a great deal towards reducing some of the harm that they have been causing, and western nations can not simply export the dirty jobs to the third world, and then tut-tut them for doing them.

I too have lived long enough to have a healthy scepticism. When one of our power players describes himself as a climate change philanthropist, I read significantly invested in renewables. Nonetheless, from my reading, there is a problem, and we will be in trouble if we don't address it, and the question remains, do we want to be part of the solution or part of the problem?

Micah 6:8

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It would be very hard for me to understand that we are not already totally dependent on electricity, and have been for the best part of 100 years. Secondly, it is outrageously expensive, at least in my country, with dire predictions that it's heading up at an ever-increasing rate.

As an Australian, it is in my DNA not to trust Government. Psalm 146:3-4 Every time they announce some structural change to save me money, I observe that it has cost me more in the short, medium and long term.

The human population of the planet is not in excess of 8 billion people. In 1804 the world population hit 1 billion people.

I am not of a view that was in the mind of people in towns long ago. In the 1st century, Rome had possibly 1 million people in the city, and no European city would reach that again until after the industrial revolution. And we know that water and drainage were big issues for them. The volume and the nature of waste created in the modern city are altogether different in terms of volume, and in terms of potential for long-term harm to the environment.

China for one, I know has done a great deal towards reducing some of the harm that they have been causing, and western nations can not simply export the dirty jobs to the third world, and then tut-tut them for doing them.

I too have lived long enough to have a healthy scepticism. When one of our power players describes himself as a climate change philanthropist, I read significantly invested in renewables. Nonetheless, from my reading, there is a problem, and we will be in trouble if we don't address it, and the question remains, do we want to be part of the solution or part of the problem?

Micah 6:8
I like this post. I, too , believe that the human population is doing damage to the earth.

However, I don't think that it is limited to the oil industry.

I don't think that CO2 is the problem.

When it comes to the climate, I think it is a far larger machine than man could ever alter, on purpose or by accident.

There is water problems, sewage problems, waste problems, and air problems.

The thing is, nobody, not even those shouting for the CO2 cause and supposed race to zero.... cannot claim to have no contribution to any or all of the issues. They cannot push for solar, wind and ev's without the inevitable fact that all of these are not as "green" as they think and all of them still need the oil industry...

I know that we are irreversibly attached to electricity dependence. As we are to oil, food, travel, and the internet..

None of that is going away.. but, the government is already wanting to control and throttle it..

If the only method of travel, heat, cooling, energy... was electricity... the government could just flip a switch... done.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The risk that simply dismissing the question of Climate Change, is that we may be failing in our responsibility for the stewardship of the Earth's resources.

I am all for being good citizens of planet Earth. But these little tricks they are playing is destroying their credibility. We can all see air pollution, water pollution etc. Why not just stick with efforts to promote a healthy environment without all this "weather is changing and the cows have really done it this time" nonsense?

• Winner
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I am all for being good citizens of planet Earth. But these little tricks they are playing is destroying their credibility. We can all see air pollution, water pollution etc. Why not just stick with efforts to promote a healthy environment without all this "weather is changing and the cows have really done it this time" nonsense?
They always state how much money that the oil industry is making..

They fail to report how much the banks are making, the solar panal industry, the wind power industry, the money politicians are being paid to keep the scaremongering going and funnel the tax dollars into the pockets of their supporters.

How many of the elite have money, investments, companies, and their hands in the pockets of "oil" , "coal" and "green" energy?

I bet... all of them do.

Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟92,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They always state how much money that the oil industry is making..
One of the biggest profiteers in BIG OIL :mad:is the state(as high as $.60 per gal) and federal government ($.18 per gal) Edited to add decimal point

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Political correctness is irrelevant here.

Global warming refers to the rise of global temperature which is the cause for climate change. It's not one or the other; but cause and effect.

It may seem counter-intuitive that a rise in global temperature would result in record colds, but that's how it works. As global temperature rises, it has a multifaceted effect on global climate, colder winters in some places, hotter summers in some places, some places dryer, some places wetter, as the delicate inter-connected web of global climatological systems are interrupted and changed.

None of that has to do with political correctness, but simply understanding that rising global temperature has a complex effect on global climate systems. So, yes, an increase in global temperature does mean some places are experiencing much colder winters.

This isn't a political issue except when people make it political.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Political correctness is irrelevant here.

Global warming refers to the rise of global temperature which is the cause for climate change. It's not one or the other; but cause and effect.

It may seem counter-intuitive that a rise in global temperature would result in record colds, but that's how it works. As global temperature rises, it has a multifaceted effect on global climate, colder winters in some places, hotter summers in some places, some places dryer, some places wetter, as the delicate inter-connected web of global climatological systems are interrupted and changed.

None of that has to do with political correctness, but simply understanding that rising global temperature has a complex effect on global climate systems. So, yes, an increase in global temperature does mean some places are experiencing much colder winters.

This isn't a political issue except when people make it political.

-CryptoLutheran
Yes, extreme cold.... is global warming.. I don't think so.
In My Opinion.....

The weather has always changed... always will.

Governments, corporations, movie industry, "scientists" all make mega money on telling you it's your fault and we're going to take your money, put it in their pockets.... look... all fixed.

150 years ago, there is no way that they had the number of very accurate thermometers all over the globe... to even get a bench mark for then... Let alone 250, 350 500 years ago....

I can see it now. Hoss, sitting on his horse, talking to Jethro.... "Y'know Jeth.... I think my thermometer is showing that 1805 was 0.09 degrees colder than 1798..... "

There is evidence of past organized and established civilizations in fridged areas, extremely dry areas and even flooded areas... that show that the earth's landscape has been much different in the past...

Why would we think it's going to stop doing that..... on it's own.

Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟92,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Governments, corporations, movie industry, "scientists" all make mega money on telling you it's your fault and we're going to take your money, put it in their pockets.... look... all fixed.
Fedzilla needs more $$$$ and no politician that wants to be re-elected, will ever announce a tax increase. Therefore, new streams of income are needed... hey, how about a 'fee' for your "carbon footprint"?! What a great idea, Al Gore!

• Agree
Upvote 0