• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Friends of yours watch Heaven Is For Real and ask you about it?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by DennisTate, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    53.3%
  3. I am not sure but I am looking into this.

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Butch5

Butch5 Newbie Supporter

+498
    Christian
    Married
    Some commentators think Paul was referring to himself there. If so it would seem that the only one who had this experience were Paul and John, both apostles. I guess it's possible for someone else to have one. I don't know what purpose God would have for doing so. A lot of these "experiences" that I read of describe things that aren't Biblical which is another reason I tend to doubt them.

2. DennisTate

DennisTate Newbie Supporter

+1,141
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Act 14:19

Then Jews from Antioch and Iconium came there; and having persuaded the multitudes, they stoned Paul anddragged him out of the city, supposing him to be dead.

However, when the disciples gathered around him, he rose up and went into the city. And the next day he departed with Barnabas to Derbe.

3. Butch5

Butch5 Newbie Supporter

+498
    Christian
    Married
    I'm not sure where you're going with this passage

4. DennisTate

+1,141
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    If Paul appeared dead...... maybe he had a near death experience himself at that time.... .This might be what he was writing about in 2 Corinthians 12 ???

5. Butch5

Butch5 Newbie Supporter

+498
    Christian
    Married
    I guess all we can do is speculate.

6. DennisTate

+1,141
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    True.... but some of our speculations could well assist somebody to decide to go to church and make their peace with their Creator in the best way that they can figure out how to do?