Friends of yours watch Heaven Is For Real and ask you about it?

Is Colton Burpo a credible witness?

• Yes

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • I am not sure but I am looking into this.

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

Butch5

Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,497.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Waw! Lol

How can you believe that? What about the Saints and the multitude mentioned in Revelation?
Revelation is a book full of symbolism and John is seeing both Heaven and Earth. It also speaks of the future. It would be helpful if you could show where these dead people are supposedly alive. Are you sure they're not resurrected?

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath
✟1,002,191.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Revelation is a book full of symbolism and John is seeing both Heaven and Earth. It also speaks of the future. It would be helpful if you could show where these dead people are supposedly alive. Are you sure they're not resurrected?

:doh::doh::doh:

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
One passage of scripture exposes what you believe on this topic is false.

The Transfiguration- Jesus conversed with Moses and Elijah and was witnessed by Peter, John and James.

hope this helps !!!
That was a vision. Moses is dead.

Reactions: Butch5
Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That was a vision. Moses is dead.
Nope Jesus told the thief on the cross that today you will be with Me in Paradise. Which translated means after they died physically they would be alive in Paradise.

nuff said ........

next ........

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

Butch5

Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,497.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope Jesus told the thief on the cross that today you will be with Me in Paradise. Which translated means after they died physically they would be alive in Paradise.

nuff said ........

next ........

hope this helps !!!
Actually, if we look at the passage in context, what did the thief want? He wanted Jesus to remember him when Jesus came into His Kingdom. Did Jesus answer the guy's question or did He tell him something completely different and ignore his question? If He answered the guy's question then Paradise has to do with the Kingdom, not some place down in the earth. In Revelation Jesus told one of the churches that to the overcomer He would give to eat of the Tree of Life which is in the Paradise of God. We know where the Tree of Life is. It's in the Garden of Eden, or the Paradise of Eden. The Greek word that is transliterated in the passage of the thief means a garden.

However, the passage about the thief doesn't prove, let alone teach, that the dead are alive. You see, in the original texts there is no punctuation. Punctuation has been added by the translators. They place it where they "think" it should be. So if we move the comma over from where the translators "think" it shoild be to where it actually should be the sentence reads completely different.

And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

If we move the comma from before the word today to after it, the meaning of the sentence changes completely.

And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee Today, shalt thou be with me in paradise.

As we see here, Jesus isn't saying they would be in Paradise that day. Rather, He's telling him that day that he'd be in paradise.

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

nuff said ........

next ........

hope this helps !!!
It doesn’t help because the Messiah didn’t even go to paradise that day. He(the Messiah) was dead for the next 3 days. He didn’t go anywhere that day except to the grave.

Moses was indeed dead:

Deuteronomy 34:5-7
So Moses the servant of YHWH died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of YHWH.

And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Bethpeor: but no man knoweth of his sepulchre unto this day.

And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated

Reactions: Butch5
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic