• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured Friends of yours watch Heaven Is For Real and ask you about it?

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by DennisTate, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    40.6%
  2. No

17 vote(s)
    53.1%
  3. I am not sure but I am looking into this.

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. Butch5

Butch5 Newbie Supporter

+628
    Christian
    Married
    Revelation is a book full of symbolism and John is seeing both Heaven and Earth. It also speaks of the future. It would be helpful if you could show where these dead people are supposedly alive. Are you sure they're not resurrected?

2. Lost4words

Lost4words Jesus I Trust In You Supporter

+7,535
    United Kingdom
    Catholic
    Single
    :doh::doh::doh:

3. Butch5

Butch5 Newbie Supporter

+628
    Christian
    Married
    That doesn't show where dead people are supposedly alive.

4. Dkh587

Dkh587 David דויד Supporter

+1,555
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    That was a vision. Moses is dead.

5. Jesus is YHWH

Jesus is YHWH my Lord and my God ! Supporter

+616
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Nope Jesus told the thief on the cross that today you will be with Me in Paradise. Which translated means after they died physically they would be alive in Paradise.

nuff said ........

next ........

hope this helps !!!

6. Butch5

Butch5 Newbie Supporter

+628
    Christian
    Married
    Actually, if we look at the passage in context, what did the thief want? He wanted Jesus to remember him when Jesus came into His Kingdom. Did Jesus answer the guy's question or did He tell him something completely different and ignore his question? If He answered the guy's question then Paradise has to do with the Kingdom, not some place down in the earth. In Revelation Jesus told one of the churches that to the overcomer He would give to eat of the Tree of Life which is in the Paradise of God. We know where the Tree of Life is. It's in the Garden of Eden, or the Paradise of Eden. The Greek word that is transliterated in the passage of the thief means a garden.

However, the passage about the thief doesn't prove, let alone teach, that the dead are alive. You see, in the original texts there is no punctuation. Punctuation has been added by the translators. They place it where they "think" it should be. So if we move the comma over from where the translators "think" it shoild be to where it actually should be the sentence reads completely different.

And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

If we move the comma from before the word today to after it, the meaning of the sentence changes completely.

And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee Today, shalt thou be with me in paradise.

As we see here, Jesus isn't saying they would be in Paradise that day. Rather, He's telling him that day that he'd be in paradise.

7. Dkh587

Dkh587 David דויד Supporter

+1,555
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    It doesn’t help because the Messiah didn’t even go to paradise that day. He(the Messiah) was dead for the next 3 days. He didn’t go anywhere that day except to the grave.

Moses was indeed dead:

Deuteronomy 34:5-7

8. DennisTate

DennisTate Newbie Supporter

+1,629
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives

I totally agree and I think that these two accounts go hand in hand although they are close to being opposites.

Bill Wiese twenty three minutes in hell?