Friends of yours watch Heaven Is For Real and ask you about it?

Is Colton Burpo a credible witness?

• Yes

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • I am not sure but I am looking into this.

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry but none of those passages teach that. You already believe it when you come to the text so it seems that way to you. None of these passages tell us that dead people are conscious. They're called the dead because they're dead.
One passage of scripture exposes what you believe on this topic is false.

The Transfiguration- Jesus conversed with Moses and Elijah and was witnessed by Peter, John and James.

hope this helps !!!

• Agree
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Really?You think saying dead people are dead is strange?

So, when Moses and Elijah appeared to Jesus they were just an illusion?
When Jesus went down to Hades to preach the Gospel who was He preaching to?

What about the rich man in Hell looking up to Heaven?

• Winner
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like Burger King says you can have it your way.

I can’t convince you of the truth. God must open your eyes.

The Bible never mentions the “ Trinity “ either but nevertheless it’s implied and it’s true.

hope this helps !!!

If you'd like I'll gladly go through each passage with you and show you how, in context these passages aren't saying the dead are alive. Just pick which one you'd like to start with.

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One passage of scripture exposes what you believe on this topic is false.

The Transfiguration- Jesus conversed with Moses and Elijah and was witnessed by Peter, John and James.

hope this helps !!!
If you look at that passage that you quoted from Mathew you'll see that Jesus said it was a vision. It wasn't really there. They saw a vision of Christ's second coming. Peter tells us this in his second epistle.

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, when Moses and Elijah appeared to Jesus they were just an illusion?
When Jesus went down to Hades to preach the Gospel who was He preaching to?

What about the rich man in Hell looking up to Heaven?
If you read Mathews account of the Transfiguration you'll see that Jesus called it a vision. According to Peter it was the second coming of Christ.

Jesus didn't preach to anyone in Hades. If you look at the word order you'll see that it says, He died, rose, then went to make the proclamation. The proclamation was made to Angel's and demons not people. That's in the passage.

The parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man is a parable. It's about the judgment that was to come on the Jewish leadership.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If you read read Mathews account of the Transfiguration you'll see that Jesus called it a vision. According to Peter it was the second coming of Christ.

Jesus didn't preach to anyone in Hades. If you look at the word order you'll see that it says, He died, rose, then went to make the proclamation. The proclamation was made to Angel's and demons not people. That's in the passage.

The parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man is a parable. It's about the judgment that was to come on the Jewish leadership.

:doh:

Upvote 0

Jesus is YHWH

my Lord and my God !
Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2011
✟389,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you look at that passage that you quoted from Mathew you'll see that Jesus said it was a vision. It wasn't really there. They saw a vision of Christ's second coming. Peter tells us this in his second epistle.

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation
I’ll address this when I’m off work

hope this helps !!!

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wrong once again no vision but the reality that both Moses and Elijah appeared bodily and conversed with Jesus. That is Matthew’s account an actual appearance not a vision.

hope this helps !!!
Really?

And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
7 And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.
8 And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.
9 And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.
(Matt. 17:1-9 KJV)

As I said, Peter said that it was the second coming of Christ.

Which passage do you want to look at next?

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Really?

And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
3 And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.
4 Then answered Peter, and said unto Jesus, Lord, it is good for us to be here: if thou wilt, let us make here three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias.
5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
6 And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid.
7 And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.
8 And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.
9 And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead.
(Matt. 17:1-9 KJV)

As I said, Peter said that it was the second coming of Christ.

Which passage do you want to look at next?

Interpretation. You do so wrongly

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You read scripture with your own individual interpretation. You see it differently than i do.
No, I read it in context. I make my presuppositions line up with those of the Bible and then approach the text. The Bible tells us that the dead are dead. As such my presupposition is that the dead are dead. The Bible is easy to understand when our presuppositions are the same as what the Bible presents. The problem comes when we try to force our presuppositions onto the text. It's then that we have to claim things that oppose the Scriptures, things like saying the dead are alive.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
No, I read it in context. I make my presuppositions line up with those of the Bible and then approach the text. The Bible tells us that the dead are dead. As such my presupposition is that the dead are dead. The Bible is easy to understand when our presuppositions are the same as what the Bible presents. The problem comes when we try to force our presuppositions onto the text. It's then that we have to claim things that oppose the Scriptures, things like saying the dead are alive.

You interpret it wrongly my dear friend.

God bless you

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You keep saying that, but my interpretation aligns with Scripture. Yours doesn't.

Yours aligns with your own 'individual' interpretation of what you 'think' scripture is saying ;)

Upvote 0

Butch5

Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2012
Homer Georgia
Visit site
✟308,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yours aligns with your own 'individual' interpretation of what you 'think' scripture is saying ;)
Come on man. I said the dead are dead. The Scriptures indicate the dead are dead. You say the dead are alive. It's you who doesnt align with Scripture. If you did you'd be showing Scripture that teaches the dead are alive

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Come on man. I said the dead are dead. The Scriptures indicate the dead are dead. You say the dead are alive. It's you who doesnt align with Scripture. If you did you'd be showing Scripture that teaches the dead are alive

So, the living, in Heaven, are not 'alive' with God?

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,010,441.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
There are no people living in Heaven except Jesus and He was resurrected

Waw! Lol

How can you believe that? What about the Saints and the multitude mentioned in Revelation?

Upvote 0