Freedom from Sin: Overcoming the Wet Paint Principle (the complete version)

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Everything you have said so far (except for your last post) leads me to believe that you believe sinless perfection is a salvation issue. If it isn't, that is more in line with what I've been saying throughout.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
CF thread rules tell you to address the topic of the thread and not the poster.
The Scriptures are true regardless of whether nobody obeys or not.
Remember, only Noah and his family were spared.

Anyways, for your information: I do not believe that having not reached a state of Sinless Perfection is a salvation issue. However, that does not mean believers can abide in serious unrepentant sin like hate, lying, and looking upon others in lust. Serious unrepentant sin always leads to death.

Paul says,
"But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." (1 Corinthians 9:27).
Romans 3:23 is in the scriptures...

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Romans 3:23 is in the scriptures...

So is Romans 3:11. For do you believe that all believers today have no understanding and that do not seek after God?

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 John 1:8,

I already addressed 1 John 1:8 in post #234.

You said:
Philippians 3:21, Philippians 3:12,

17 "Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)" (Philippians 3:17-19).

You said:
Psalms 53:1,

This is referring to the Gentile unbeliever who says there is no God. Read it.
It does not reference faithful believers here.
Yes, most all believers have sinned as a part of their old life, but this should not be the case if they are truly born again and they desire to be faithful to Him.

You said:
Isaiah 64:6, etc.

This is talking about man directed righteousness and not the righteous ways of God.

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
No one understands fully and no one seeks after God unless He draws them. Romans 3:10-18 does not apply to the believer (see Romans 3:19, Romans 6:14). Romans 3:23 is further down and not included in that exemption.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No one understands fully and no one seeks after God unless He draws them. Romans 3:10-18 does not apply to the believer (see Romans 3:19, Romans 6:14). Romans 3:23 is further down and not included in that exemption.

Now you are just making up your own rules. Romans 3:10 says the same thing essentially as Romans 3:23. Romans 3:11 is sandwiched in there in the middle.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I see that you have set forth on a journey to explain away all of the scriptures on sin...

I can say the same for you, but the proof in your proving your position is true is in making your case with Scripture and not in mere opinion.

Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I can say the same for you, but the proof in your proving your position is true is in making your case with Scripture and not in mere opinion.
Yes I have definitely made my case with scripture...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes I have definitely made my case with scripture...

In regards to your core belief: You are not teaching anything new. Most every church teaches that you can sin and still be saved. Everyone believes that these days. It is very popular and well liked doctrine that will get little to almost no resistance. But when we teach doing the right thing by God's Word, that is when people do not like it. Hence, why your Sinless Perfection teaching is not well received.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Think about it like this.

People rob banks because they have value within them, right?
It is the same with God's Word and why it is attacked.
It is the same when someone preaches what is good and right from His Word; And they are attacked because they do not like that kind of good news. For the idea of doing what is right is not popular.
It is a lonely road for a few. But those few do so gladly because they love God and His good ways.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

justbyfaith

justified sinner
May 19, 2017
Southern California
✟3,094.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
In regards to your core belief: You are not teaching anything new. Most every church teaches that you can sin and still be saved. Everyone believes that these days. It is very popular and well liked doctrine that will get little to almost no resistance. But when we teach doing the right thing by God's Word, that is when people do not like it. Hence, why your Sinless Perfection teaching is not well received.
You believe that yourself according to one of your recent posts...

Upvote 0