FLAT or ROUND Earth?

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟228,159.00
Faith
Christian
In the 60's my brother was a chef on a cruise liner and went on a "Round the world" cruise. IF, the world were flat, there is NO WAY he could have done that, as he would have either had to sail from the U.K. which is where the cruise left from to Australia THEN turned around and sailed west to the west coast. - he didn't - he sailed aROUND the world.

Intercontinental flights show up flat Earth as a fraud hilariously quickly, but most flat earthers have never left America

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It’s detecting the earth extremely well and stars not at all
If the exposure was long enough for stars to appear, the earth would appear as a bright blob with no distinguishable details. No one would care for such an image.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sjastro

May 14, 2014
✟273,856.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is it not video

I suppose not…
Of course it is a video it was taken from the Deep Space Climate Observatory.
The individual exposure frames of the video are so short no background stars are observable.

The Jupiter shot I took conveniently labelled as a fake by your run of the mill science hater does not show the 4 extremely bright Galilean satellites for the same reasons but shows up well in this conventional but overexposed one shot image.

jupiter-galilean-moons-d013e8f.jpg

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Isn't it ironic that flat Earth, young Earth science deniers utilize devices, such as computers, created by the very science they disavow, to promote their absurdity.

Not at all.

Especially if they think science is God's way of revealing His creation to mankind.

Upvote 0

Sam-Colin

Mar 30, 2023
Ontario
✟10,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nor does "church is not necessary" speak to me.

THAT all depends on your definition of the 'church' - IF your definition is the 'meeting house' aka the building, then YES - THAT 'church' "SPEAKS" to no-one. BUT. . . . . . . IF the "church" is the PEOPLE meeting, then THEY, (the CHURCH) - CAN speak to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟294,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Ultimately it’s irrelevant if the earth is flat

But it’s a sphere and that’s god’s doing

So I suppose it’s amazing…!

Of course it's not irrelevant. Self gravitating objects are round. It's a basic consequence of the physics of gravitation. In the Newtonian limit, in general relativity. If the Earth (and the Moon and the Sun and the planets) was not round (roughly spherical) then our model of one of the four fundamental forces would be wrong.

Upvote 0