FLAT or ROUND Earth?

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To date I have never heard a Christian refer to a flat earth. But I may be isolated. It is hard to believe the earth is flat just from observation. We fly planes around it. We have ships circling the earth. There are satellites circling the earth. Our space program has spacecraft circling the earth as well as space stations. I do not know of any scripture passage the specifically says the earth is flat. But someone may educate me there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,155.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
I hear a lot of Christians saying that we live on a flat earth and nobody can go in or out the earth. Is the Bible clear on this subject?
I have never been beyond the atmospheric space.... Although I have to believe that everyone who has ….if it were flat ....someone would have said something…

I have only been confronted by two people who were convinced it was flat ….My response is … “So what!....It doesn’t affect my appetite…. and Christ is still going to return.”
I absolutely do not believe it is.... but I also am not going to waste my time on something that doesn't matter to me

• Haha
Reactions: Jimmy It
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟902,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hear a lot of Christians saying that we live on a flat earth and nobody can go in or out the earth. Is the Bible clear on this subject?
Never heard a Christian say this.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Round Earth -- flat maps.

The Bible speaks of the Earth as sphere, and says the boundary between light and dark on Earth - is a circle. That only works on a round ball.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟477,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Isaiah 40:22 It is He who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain, And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​

The earth God created is not only flat but stationary. Earth in The Bible means land/ground and not a water covered space ball with land scattered around it. The creation God created is covered by a raqia (dome) that is separating waters from waters. Genesis plainly states that God placed the sun, moon and stars in the raqia. so these light are not millions of miles away. Plus they move over the earth giving light.

Sciences creation version is simply a big ole lie.

Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟718,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Isaiah 40:22

22 He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth; its dwellers are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a curtain, and spreads them out like a tent to dwell in.

When you look at the lexicon .... it's defined as a vault ... a vault has a ceiling ... an arch (has a ceiling)

So the way I look at it (using Isaiah) .. is the earth is basically round with in a vault (contained) that has a see through and penetratable ceiling

science defines the see through ceiling as atmosphere (vault)

In that regard ... no the earth isn't flat. If nobody can go outside of the earth .... then all reported space exploration, hubble telescopes etc. are the biggest and most expensive hoax(s) pulled off in history LOL .... so like all the astronauts were hollywood actors and everything is cgi created? LOL

can't go in or out of the earth???

Satellites are sent into space by a rocket launched from the ground with enough energy (at least 25,039 mph!) to get outside our atmosphere.

While there are about 2,000 active satellites orbiting Earth at the moment, there are also 3,000 dead ones littering space.

not sure if I'm explaining very well ... LOL

Might add the second part of the verse is interesting as well .... stretches (continuous) and science says the universe is continuously expanding.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
The earth that God created or brought forth from the sea in Genesis chapter 1. Is actually flat and round being that the land is a flat circular one piece of ground. It was only broken up at a later time in Genesis and 1 Chronicles The Bible states.
To Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg, for in his days the earth was divided; and his brother’s name was Joktan.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michael Snow

Sep 24, 2015
✟36,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-​

The earth God created is not only flat but stationary. Earth in The Bible means land/ground and not a water covered space ball with land scattered around it. The creation God created is covered by a raqia (dome) that is separating waters from waters. Genesis plainly states that God placed the sun, moon and stars in the raqia. so these light are not millions of miles away. Plus they move over the earth giving light.

Sciences creation version is simply a big ole lie.
Augustine, in his commentary on Genesis, describes people like this and shows what a stumbling block they are to Christian witness. Augustine, On Genesis

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟560,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: QvQ
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Augustine, in his commentary on Genesis, describes people like this and shows what a stumbling block they are to Christian witness. Augustine, On Genesis
-
Augustine who believed in works for receiving God's free gift of Eternal Life salvation. Has no influence on me for any Biblical teaching. So saying Augustine, saying that God's creation, is a stumbling block to christian witness. Would line up with one who like Augustine, does not believe God at God's own written words.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The earth that God created or brought forth from the sea in Genesis chapter 1. Is actually flat and round being that the land is a flat circular one piece of ground.
Genesis does not say "flat".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Round Earth -- flat maps.

The Bible speaks of the Earth as sphere, and says the boundary between light and dark on Earth - is a circle. That only works on a round ball.
I am pro Round Earth and pro flat maps! (I was also a science teacher for 12 years.... this makes me want face palm.)

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does anyone know, is it MOSTLY Christians who have fallen for the flat Earth fraud???
Every Christian that I've talked to in my whole life (of almost 38 years) knows the Earth is round.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
-
Augustine who believed in works for receiving God's free gift of Eternal Life salvation. Has no influence on me for any Biblical teaching. So saying Augustine, saying that God's creation, is a stumbling block to christian witness. Would line up with one who like Augustine, does not believe God at God's own written words.
Saint Augustine was a wonderful theologian and writer. I highly recommend you take the time to read what he actually wrote and think/pray upon those words.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Genesis does not say "flat".
-​
Never said it did, but if it did people still would not believe it. I mean how to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life can not get any plainer than John 6:47. But people do not believe that simple and to the point verse.

Upvote 0