✟150,333.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see the earth in a more logical way
Do not lie to us or to yourself. You do not see the earth in any logical way. You have no explanation for basic phenomena we observe, no evidence for your conspiracy theories, you cannot show any working model of the flat earth cosmology, even any working map, you have no math explaining and predicting the movement of heavenly bodies, eclipses, you have no working physics, you have no working way of navigation etc.

Your view is not logical (or useful) in any way.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you were really convinced that your belief was true, and determined to prove it, you'd go there yourself and take photos which would prove you were right all along.
That's how I discovered England. I got on a plane in Nashville, and 10 hours later I was sitting with a pie, a pint, and my daughter who got there an hour after I did, in the Mayflower pub in Rotherhithe. (lovely place; good people, good food, and cask ale). Daughter loved London, and the people at Millwall treated us like homefolks. Had breakfast at a tiny restaurant and ended up with the owner sitting at the table with us and haing an hour long jaw. I don't think he'd ever had two East Asian looking, hillbilly sounding, Millwall supporting Yanks in his place before. <Laugh> Wanted to go to Eucharist at Westminster, but setttled for walking to St. Mary's in Rotherhithe. Saving up now to get back across the pond as soon as possible. OK, back on topic...
Of course, there's a danger that we would dismiss such photos as fake - just as you have done with the astronauts.
Australia is an obvious fake. There isn't a single flight from Nashville that goes there, and I don't believe in all those mythical animals wer're suppose to believe live there. It just makes no sense.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,333.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not similarly to flat earthers which is why I made that long post explaining how my belief that scientists are wrong about the age of the earth are in fact plausible. Just because you don’t believe it doesn’t mean it isn’t within the realm of possibility.
YEC is as plausible as unicorns living on Jupiter or that everything was created yesterday and just looks old and our memories are just implanted or as ancient aliens building pyramids. You hide behind plausibility so that you can read a 3,000 years old Mesopotamian text like a modern text.

I guess you also believe in a literal Leviathan living in the seas, who wants to swallow the sun, but God will kill him with a literal sword and so save our cosmic order?

There are mythological ideas in the Bible (more precisely in the Old Testament), because the Old Testament was written in the mythological era. Really nothing complicated to understand.

See we were both faced with the same dilemma when we learned that science and the Bible are contradictory to each other so we both had to make a choice. Which one is wrong. You made your choice and I made mine.
There is no real choice to read mythological texts literally. Such choice does not exist, its simply a mistake.

Bible and science are not contradictory, they are different realms. Science can be contradictory to another science or mythology to another mythology, theology to another theology, philosophy to another philosophy etc. Only the same "genus" can contradict another one.

The supposed contradiction is created only when people do not understand the tools they are using.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟30,484.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do not lie to us or to yourself. You do not see the earth in any logical way. You have no explanation for basic phenomena we observe, no evidence for your conspiracy theories, you cannot show any working model of the flat earth cosmology, even any working map, you have no math explaining and predicting the movement of heavenly bodies, eclipses, you have no working physics, you have no working way of navigation etc.

Your view is not logical (or useful) in any way.

Well, at least God agrees with me.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟30,484.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess you also believe in a literal Leviathan living in the seas, who wants to swallow the sun, but God will kill him with a literal sword and so save our cosmic order?

Your wrong, Leviathan doesn't want to swallow the sun.

In that day, the LORD will punish with his sword— his fierce, great and powerful sword— Leviathan the gliding serpent, Leviathan the coiling serpent; he will slay the monster of the sea.

God will kill Leviathan & is to be served up as a delicacy to the pious in the world to come. The legend of the Jews

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,333.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your wrong, Leviathan doesn't want to swallow the sun.

In that day, the LORD will punish with his sword— his fierce, great and powerful sword— Leviathan the gliding serpent, Leviathan the coiling serpent; he will slay the monster of the sea.

God will kill Leviathan & is to be served up as to the pious in the world to come. The legend of the Jews
Legend is not the right term, myth is.

Leviathan is a mythological creature symbolizing chaos (thats why he is placed into the seas which also symbolize chaos) and which wants to swallow the sun (i.e. to destroy the repetition of day and night), i.e. to destroy the cosmic order.

Isaiah says that God will tame this danger of chaos and the order will be kept. But in mythological terms (using Leviathan, sword, sea).

Reactions: Apple Sky
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟150,333.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well how should we treat the Bible ?
As what it is - a library of various texts written in various eras, in various environments, using various genres we are not used to today.

• Agree
Reactions: prodromos
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,895.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, at least God agrees with me.
That the earth that he created is a flat disc with a circumference around it called Antarctic, which has walls of thick ice? That this circumference is guarded by the army/Navy because "they" don't want us to go there and discover other lands?
And, from another thread, that Noah took DNA samples into the ark with him?
I think not.

• Agree
Reactions: pgp_protector
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟30,484.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,895.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That s right, you got it, this is God's creation .
Nope.

God's creation is amazing, beautiful, awesome and incredible. We know SO many things about it because God gave people the ability to explore, search, learn and discover. Some of these people have come to know the creator of all things - whom they now call Abba.
And you are dismissing the lot of them as liars or "deluded freemasons".
That says far more about you than it does about them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Phil G

Grafted In
Sep 11, 2012
✟20,655.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scripture teaches me that God's majesty, power, mercy, wisdom, justice, strength and love are all beyond my human understanding. I can only marvel at who God is. His creation is also beyond my understanding. Every discovery reveals more to be discovered. Yet some would have me believe that the universe is encapsulated within a flat earth with a dome over it! That is the level of Satan's intelligence and ability, not God's.

God's creation is in keeping with all of His attributes - to all of human understanding, infinite. A universe which cannot be measured or confined is what each scientific discovery reveals. How simplistic a dome over a flat earth seems in comparison! Satan loves to reduce God into a mere limited being, someone to whom we can be equal, someone who creates a dome over a disc, rather than an infinite God who creates a universe in keeping with Him.

Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟30,484.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God's creation is amazing, beautiful, awesome and incredible. We know SO many things about it because God gave people the ability to explore, search, learn and discover. Some of these people have come to know the creator of all things - whom they now call Abba.

I agree, God's earth is beautiful, beyond compare, but he created it level, stationary & with boundary's. You'll never get boundary's on a ball.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟30,484.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every discovery reveals more to be discovered.

Absolutely, maybe we can discover extra earth over the iced walls.

• Haha
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Phil G

Grafted In
Sep 11, 2012
✟20,655.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely, maybe we can discover extra earth over the iced walls.

One does not have to traverse Antarctica in order to know there is no ice wall surrounding the earth. Sailing along its coastline will verify it. If a ship has to sail anticlockwise in order to keep Antarctica to starboard while sailing along its coastline, then there is indeed an ice wall around the earth. However, the opposite is the reality. In order to keep Antarctica to starboard, a ship must sail in a predominantly clockwise direction and circle the south pole.

1711624027592.jpeg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.