Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've said it before; you have heard someone use the word "spinning" and are thinking in terms of a child's humming top; going at great speed. The earth rotates. It takes 24 hours to rotate on its own axis. 60 seconds = 1 minute, 60 minutes = 1 hour, 24 hours = 1 day.
That doesn't sound to me like something that is "hurtling" through space.
Well technically we are hurling thru space at 66,000 mph in our orbit around the sun but our orbit is a 92 million mile circumference. So to put this into perspective on what kind of centrifugal force we should experience it would be equivalent to traveling in a car at 10 mph driving in a circle with a circumference of 13,939 miles. Here’s my math 66,000/6600=10mph 92,000,000/6600=13,939 miles. All the sudden it doesn’t seem so ridiculous that we wouldn’t feel any centrifugal force at all. I’m sure you already knew this and so does everyone else in this thread.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But that's YOUR ridiculous theory - no one here has said that.

I've said it before; you have heard someone use the word "spinning" and are thinking in terms of a child's humming top; going at great speed. The earth rotates. It takes 24 hours to rotate on its own axis. 60 seconds = 1 minute, 60 minutes = 1 hour, 24 hours = 1 day.
That doesn't sound to me like something that is "hurtling" through space.

Either, you don't understand that, you understand it perfectly well but don't want to admit it or you understand it perfectly well but are going to keep saying the "water bending, spinning ball" statement anyway - because then you can mock us for having ridiculous beliefs.
If it is down to a complete lack of knowledge on your part, you are making yourself look foolish. You can't be so helpless that you are incapable of looking up the facts and trying to understand - you're not a 5 year old.
If you HAVE looked up the facts but don't like them because they don't back up your belief, OR you know as much about the subject as the experts do and you disagree with their scientific findings - then at least have the courtesy to say so.
"Yes, I admit that eminent scientists say this; personally I disagree, because my work has led me to the conclusion that .,.........." is absolutely fine. It happens all the time; theologians, historians, politicians etc disagree with each other on how to interpret data and the conclusions that can be drawn from that.
But stating that the earth is flat, dismissing those who have taken actual photos of it as liars or "deluded freemasons" or people who fake things - with not a shred of evidence to back up your claims - is dishonest.
I’ve also already explained to them that the earth spinning and 1,000 mph is equivalent to traveling in a car at 10 mph in a 240 mile circle. I’ve also pointed out that if you get on a merry go round that has a 10ft radius and spin it the same exact speed as the hour hand on a clock you would be spinning 24 times faster than the earth at a radius 2 million times tighter than the earth’s radius. And yet you still wouldn’t feel any movement whatsoever. They just pretend they don’t see it and refuse to comment on it.

• Agree
Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, they did. If they didn't, then wouldn't God have lied? But God was counting the "day" by prophetic time following the thousand-year formula of Psalm 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8. Adam did not live more than 1000 years--he lived only to 930.

God was looking at it as a definite time period, i.e. a 1000-year "day." As I understand it, an "age" is an indefinite time period, not bounded by definite times. But by God's prophecy, Adam could not have lived to, say, 1030. That would have exceeded the "day" that God had granted him. It was not an indefinite time period. God was specific.
Then they should’ve died instantly because 1000 years is as a day to God according to those verses. Do you not realize what “is as” or “is like” means? Why do you think Peter said a day IS LIKE 1000 years and 1000 years IS LIKE a day? How is it possible that 1000 years can seem so short and a day can seem so long to God? Peter is referring to God’s omnipresence, he was putting into terms that laymen could understand because technically God exists in all time simultaneously so there isn’t even the slightest concept of time from His perspective.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's not a continent at the south either.
You say that because your cult says that but the Bible doesn’t say anything about it. So that statement is neither biblical nor truthful.

Reactions: Strong in Him
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟30,514.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you HAVE looked up the facts but don't like them because they don't back up your belief, OR you know as much about the subject as the experts do and you disagree with their scientific findings - then at least have the courtesy to say so.

I have researched all the facts about a globe & there is stuff that doesn't compute with me, I see the earth in a more logical way & not the way others see it just b/c scientists tell them the earth is spinning globe.

But stating that the earth is flat, dismissing those who have taken actual photos of it as liars or "deluded freemasons" or people who fake things - with not a shred of evidence to back up your claims - is dishonest.

It's Mason Astronauts & the likes of NASA who are the liars & when folks post images and statements from these liars, this makes these people dishonest too.

I cannot believe that the whole world (except for a few wise ones) has been indoctrinated by these clowns.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟30,514.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You say that because your cult says that but the Bible doesn’t say anything about it. So that statement is neither biblical nor truthful.

Firstly it is not a cult & yes the Bible does state the boundary's of the earth.

Upvote 0

BibleLinguist

Mar 18, 2024
Sukhothai
✟2,003.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Then they should’ve died instantly because 1000 years is as a day to God according to those verses. Do you not realize what “is as” or “is like” means? Why do you think Peter said a day IS LIKE 1000 years and 1000 years IS LIKE a day? How is it possible that 1000 years can seem so short and a day can seem so long to God? Peter is referring to God’s omnipresence, he was putting into terms that laymen could understand because technically God exists in all time simultaneously so there isn’t even the slightest concept of time from His perspective.
Because others do not understand the prophetic formula and dismiss it by saying things like "God is outside of time, so time is irrelevant to Him," it does not follow that we, who are Bereans, should take our lead from them.

Of the four time-formula verses in the Bible, two eadh for a day-for-year and a day-for-millennium, only 2 Peter 3:8 has the formula going both ways. God is not going to give us this formula for nothing. He is not going to give it to us if time is irrelevant. Significantly, 2 Peter 3 focuses on creation for the first part of the chapter, and verse 8 is given within that context.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well technically we are hurling thru space at 66,000 mph in our orbit around the sun but our orbit is a 92 million mile circumference. So to put this into perspective on what kind of centrifugal force we should experience it would be equivalent to traveling in a car at 10 mph driving in a circle with a circumference of 13,939 miles. Here’s my math 66,000/6600=10mph 92,000,000/6600=13,939 miles. All the sudden it doesn’t seem so ridiculous that we wouldn’t feel any centrifugal force at all. I’m sure you already knew this and so does everyone else in this thread.
My point was that the earth is not spinning so fast that we would become dizzy. And not moving so quickly that we can fall off.
That's what is implied by the pictures of spinning tennis balls.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Because others do not understand the prophetic formula and dismiss it by saying things like "God is outside of time, so time is irrelevant to Him," it does not follow that we, who are Bereans, should take our lead from them.

Of the four time-formula verses in the Bible, two eadh for a day-for-year and a day-for-millennium, only 2 Peter 3:8 has the formula going both ways. God is not going to give us this formula for nothing. He is not going to give it to us if time is irrelevant. Significantly, 2 Peter 3 focuses on creation for the first part of the chapter, and verse 8 is given within that context.
You didn’t answer the question. You only focus on the portion of that verse that fits your agenda. A day is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day. You only look at half of the verse and ignore the other half that doesn’t fit with your interpretation. So I’ll ask the question again, how is it that a day can seem so long to God and a thousand years can seem so short? Can you answer the question or not?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Don't you mean, 'Smartest, and least mendacious, thing I've ever seen a flattie post' how can you see anyone saying anything. unless it's sign language of course :laughing:
I begin to see why you think the earth is flat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nobody has been to the moon & walked upon it
Same as Australia. Ever meet anyone who is from or has been to Australia? Of xcourse not, it doesn't exist. Oh, some may claim to have been there, but they're in on it and are simply shills whose goal it is to deceive. After all, how can there possibly be a Land Down Under? Obviously there cannot, so just as obviously it is a fictional place invented to support the lie of a spheroid earth
- Wake up & stop believing in fairy tales.
Just say no to Australia!
I find this interview extremely compelling. The fact that this well-spoken and intelligent man ( Professor Foster) just disappeared shortly before the Moon landing in 1969. His research has also disappeared.
He probably knew the truth about Australia as well.
Landing on the moon is like saying we can land on a rainbow? :laughing:
Does anyone actually believe the rubbish about platypuses and kangaroos? How can anyone take those tales seriously?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All of what he says.
Did he claim to be from Australia, or to have been there? If so, he was or is One of Them

PS - THIS JUST IN!
"

Misleading. The video shows a 1965 Australian television interview with a man who theorizes that the moon is made of plasma and that landing on it would be impossible."

No more need be said. Your Dr. Foster is as bogus as the fictional Kangaroo & Koala Kontinent of Australia! Case closed!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok so let me ask you if Jesus was speaking literally when He said “anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood will have eternal life” then that must mean that anyone who receives it worthily will be saved right?
I I take Him at His Word. You must do as you think best.

I take His Words as spoken. You may want to play Semantics with Him when you meet.
Just for emphasis, here's What He Said:
23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, that the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You only focus on the portion of that verse that fits your agenda. A day is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day. You only look at half of the verse and ignore the other half that doesn’t fit with your interpretation.
It means God doesn't reckon time as we do, not being bound in it. If a day or a thousand years are pretty much the same to Him, trying to hold him to calculating hours and seconds is pretty dumb, innit?
So I’ll ask the question again, how is it that a day can seem so long to God and a thousand years can seem so short? Can you answer the question or not?
Studiously missing the point, aren't you? A day or a thousand years, it's all the same to Him. We're bound by time, He isn't. The Creation may have taken a second of our time, or a milion years. One's a very little - to us, and one is a very long time - to us. Not to Him!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So your saying that the existence of light doesn’t make for evenings and mornings
No more than the existence of water makes for Guinness stout.
when God was the one who specifically defined day and night according to light and darkness
So someone with a flashlight can create evenings and mornings at will by that definition, right.
and specifically said there was evening and morning three times before the sun was created.
Yep. Because it was entirely metaphorical. No sunrise, no morning. No sunset, no evening.

And you’re also saying that because in the far northern and southern hemispheres they have extended periods of day and night that this means the earth couldn’t have had evenings and mornings.

When's morning in Thule?

And you say I’m being silly?
Yep. In spades.
See you next post...

• Haha
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

BibleLinguist

Mar 18, 2024
Sukhothai
✟2,003.00
Country
Thailand
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You didn’t answer the question. You only focus on the portion of that verse that fits your agenda. A day is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day. You only look at half of the verse and ignore the other half that doesn’t fit with your interpretation. So I’ll ask the question again, how is it that a day can seem so long to God and a thousand years can seem so short? Can you answer the question or not?
As I said earlier, and perhaps you're not catching the significance of this so I'll try to be more detailed this time, there are four texts in the Bible which give prophetic time formulas: two each for a day=year and two each for a day=thousand years.

They are: Numbers 14:34; Psalm 90:4; Ezekiel 4:6; and 2 Peter 3:8.

Of the four, only one goes in both directions, i.e. A = B and B = A. That is 2 Peter 3:8, which tells us that one day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.

Why does it go both ways?

It goes both ways because it gets applied in both directions in the Bible.

Adam lives less than 1000 years, so with that thousand years being likened to a single day, he dies "in" that day, just as God predicted he would. Adam's nearly 1000 years = 1 day.

But creation week is a prophecy in which each of its days represents a millennium to come. Day 1 is prophetic of the first thousand years from creation to just past Adam's time. Day 2 is prophetic of the millennium which follows, the millennium in which Noah's flood takes place. Day 3 represents the next millennium during which the nations develop. Day four is the millennium within which Jesus is born. Day 5 is the millennium in which the Dark Ages begins. And Day 6 is our present era--the era in which God will have a people who perfectly represent His character to the world (man created in His likeness), following which Jesus will come to receive his people. Each day of this week = 1000 years in prophetic time. (There is much more detail here, but I will consider it out of scope for this post.)

The reason for the "as" is that the creation days were literally 24-hour days. But they represented 1000 years each.

If you read 2 Peter 3 carefully, you will see that Peter is cluing his readers in to the fact that Creation must be understood in this prophetic context. Notice this:

2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:​
2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
Here we see Peter addressing Creation. He confirms the creation context by specifying what God had created on days 2 and 3 of creation week. Following this, he says something that should catch our attention: "whereby the world that then was...." That when?

Did you learn in school that the Flood happened within days 2 and 3 of creation week? No? But why not? Isn't that what Peter is saying here?

If we take the text as it reads, that is exactly what he is saying. But Peter knows it is a hard saying, and he gives us a big clue as to how to understand it.
"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." (2 Peter 3:8)​

Essentially, Peter is telling us that those days of creation are prophetically linked to the Flood by each representing a thousand years. "One day is with the Lord as a thousand years." And the Flood does impact days 2 (when it occurred) and 3 (which begins with a world essentially depopulated by the Flood) of earth's week.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
WOW I really appreciate this response, I realize now that all I need to do to prove how ridiculous your points are is to just keep you talking because your doing a much better job that I ever could.
Better wait a bit before you take yur victory laps. Seems like one of your major premises has a couiple of glaring holes in it.

So let me ask you professor, because I’m trying to understand your logic
here, are you thinking that the sun revolves around the earth?
Not so's you'd notice. Dunno how you came to that conclusion. But we'll save that for further down the page.
Because if you put a light on one side of the earth, as the earth rotates it causes day and night, regardless of the length of daylight in the far northern & southern hemispheres.
Which kinda leads into the major problem you still haven't dealt with. But we're heading that way...
That point is moot because we still have prolonged periods of day and night today and it doesn’t prevent the earth from having evening and morning. Sunrises and sunsets are irrelevant because the light that God created would had the same effect as the earth rotates on its axis.
OK, I assume you're done now, so here's your problem:

Your lot declares, loudly and frequently that the the "days" of Genesis are 24 hours long. end discussion. And that could make sense if the sun existed from Day 1 of Creation.

But it didn't.

Now we've both agreed that light existed before the sun did. No problem there.

The problem is where the source or sources of that light were.

Now with the sun existing and providing the light for the earth, the 24 hour "day" is easy. It's the time it takes for one rotation of the earth, creating a defacto global "day" and "night", as observed from the equator.

If we're to take the Biblical definition of day and night quite literally, then the length of a day and a night varies dramatically with the latitude where one is. Depending on the season, the Biblical evening and morning may be days or weeks long. We can take the equatorial morning and evening times as global default, but the Bible makes no such distinction - darkness is evening, light is morning, punto.

But here's the biggest problem we have with your By-Cracky-It-Was-A-24-Hour-Day! position - it depends on the sun exiting as a light source, which, for the first 3 days of creation it definitely did not.

For those few days, there was a light source or sources, that may or may not have illuminated the earth, which may or may not have been rotating at the same speed as it does now (if it rotated at all), and may or may not have provided illumination steadily as does the sun

But there was another light source!, you protest. Fair play, there was. But the question is, where was it in relation to the earth, and how consistently did it shine, and from what direction? Now y'all can declare that it in every way imitated the sun, and it may have.

But you don't know that, now do you?

Yeah, there was light; stipulated.

But did it in every way imitate the sun so as to provide the 24 hour "days" required by your doctrine? Well, maybe it did, and maybe it didn't. You just don't know.

And what';s the easiest thing to do when you have a doctrine that depends on something you don't really know from Scripture?

Simple. Make something up, something pious-sounding and sufificiently religious. and declare it to be true.

And so you do.

Dishonest? Sure. But necessary, right? After all, a critical doctrine depends on it!

So just declare it to be the truth, and accuse anyone who doesn't buy it at full price a heretic and a misbeliever, and one who Doesn't Believe The Bible.

And so you have.

And so upon this most tenuous set of ill-contrived, conveniently invented suppositions, you declare the few paragraphs of Genesis which deal with the creation of the universe to be empirically and technically accurate, and a cornerstone of the Christian Faith.

Me? I'll stick with the Gospel.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just thought people would like to know the guy who has lied to them big time.
No, that was the guy who invented the nonexistent continent of Australia.

• Love
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.