Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No more than the existence of water makes for Guinness stout.

So someone with a flashlight can create evenings and mornings at will by that definition, right.

Yep. Because it was entirely metaphorical. No sunrise, no morning. No sunset, no evening.

And you’re also saying that because in the far northern and southern hemispheres they have extended periods of day and night that this means the earth couldn’t have had evenings and mornings.

When's morning in Thule?

And you say I’m being silly?
Yep. In spades.
See you next post...
Ok so because Thule doesn’t have a morning that means the entire world doesn’t have a morning? According to your absence of logic the entire world doesn’t have mornings because Greenland has extended periods of day and night.

God defined what day and night is and it had nothing to do with the sun.

You say evening and morning is metaphorical, so what is it metaphorical for? If it’s metaphorical that means it’s representing an alternate message. What the metaphorical message here?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As I said earlier, and perhaps you're not catching the significance of this so I'll try to be more detailed this time, there are four texts in the Bible which give prophetic time formulas: two each for a day=year and two each for a day=thousand years.

They are: Numbers 14:34; Psalm 90:4; Ezekiel 4:6; and 2 Peter 3:8.

Of the four, only one goes in both directions, i.e. A = B and B = A. That is 2 Peter 3:8, which tells us that one day is as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.

Why does it go both ways?

It goes both ways because it gets applied in both directions in the Bible.

Adam lives less than 1000 years, so with that thousand years being likened to a single day, he dies "in" that day, just as God predicted he would. Adam's nearly 1000 years = 1 day.

But creation week is a prophecy in which each of its days represents a millennium to come. Day 1 is prophetic of the first thousand years from creation to just past Adam's time. Day 2 is prophetic of the millennium which follows, the millennium in which Noah's flood takes place. Day 3 represents the next millennium during which the nations develop. Day four is the millennium within which Jesus is born. Day 5 is the millennium in which the Dark Ages begins. And Day 6 is our present era--the era in which God will have a people who perfectly represent His character to the world (man created in His likeness), following which Jesus will come to receive his people. Each day of this week = 1000 years in prophetic time. (There is much more detail here, but I will consider it out of scope for this post.)

The reason for the "as" is that the creation days were literally 24-hour days. But they represented 1000 years each.

If you read 2 Peter 3 carefully, you will see that Peter is cluing his readers in to the fact that Creation must be understood in this prophetic context. Notice this:

2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:​
2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
Here we see Peter addressing Creation. He confirms the creation context by specifying what God had created on days 2 and 3 of creation week. Following this, he says something that should catch our attention: "whereby the world that then was...." That when?

Did you learn in school that the Flood happened within days 2 and 3 of creation week? No? But why not? Isn't that what Peter is saying here?

If we take the text as it reads, that is exactly what he is saying. But Peter knows it is a hard saying, and he gives us a big clue as to how to understand it.
"But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." (2 Peter 3:8)​

Essentially, Peter is telling us that those days of creation are prophetically linked to the Flood by each representing a thousand years. "One day is with the Lord as a thousand years." And the Flood does impact days 2 (when it occurred) and 3 (which begins with a world essentially depopulated by the Flood) of earth's week.
I don’t see what you’re saying at all in the text. There’s absolutely zero indication that Peter is applying 1000 years to each creation day in that passage. I mean if you want to entertain that hypothesis as a possibility that’s fine but I wouldn’t teach it as a doctrine because there’s no evidence to support it.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟30,514.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One does not have to traverse Antarctica in order to know there is no ice wall surrounding the earth. Sailing along its coastline will verify it. If a ship has to sail anticlockwise in order to keep Antarctica to starboard while sailing along its coastline, then there is indeed an ice wall around the earth. However, the opposite is the reality. In order to keep Antarctica to starboard, a ship must sail in a predominantly clockwise direction and circle the south pole.

View attachment 344781

Antarctica as shown above does not exist as the real Antarctica circumferences the earth as shown here;

a fkxxxxx.jpg

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
That much is true,

Never seen a drop of water, have you? <ROFL>

Yep. Y'all think it's on the back of a turtle, right? But what does the turtle sit on?

It’s turtles, all the way down!

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟476,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Antarctica as shown above does not exist as the real Antarctica circumferences the earth as shown here;

View attachment 344782

We know that not to be the case because the flights between the Southern Continents that you all claim do not exist, do in fact exist, and there are periodic flights between, for example, Rid de Janeiro and Johannessburg, or Johannesburg and Perth, or Santiago and Sydney, and these can be seen on flight tracking services, and occasionally operate in scheduled service, and take the amount of time predicted by the Globe Earth model.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟30,514.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We know that not to be the case because the flights between the Southern Continents that you all claim do not exist, do in fact exist, and there are periodic flights between, for example, Rid de Janeiro and Johannessburg, or Johannesburg and Perth, or Santiago and Sydney, and these can be seen on flight tracking services, and occasionally operate in scheduled service, and take the amount of time predicted by the Globe Earth model.

These flights do not fly over Antarctica, as I have shown, the real Antarctica circumferences the earth.

Upvote 0

Phil G

Grafted In
Sep 11, 2012
✟20,658.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

View attachment 344782
I'm talking about the method to prove it one way or the other. Traversing the alleged 'ice wall' isn't necessary. The method of navigating its coast will show who is right. And it has been proven Antarctica exists as shown on the map I posted.

It's no use saying it doesn't exist, that just revealing a high level of wilful ignorance!

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟30,514.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's no use saying it doesn't exist, that just revealing a high level of wilful ignorance!

If you can prove that it exist's, I'll back track on what I've said.

• Haha
Reactions: prodromos
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree, God's earth is beautiful, beyond compare, but he created it level, stationary & with boundary's. You'll never get boundary's on a ball.
Sounds like Australia to me.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have been watching this guy explore Both poles.

Join renowned paleontologist and host Kirk Johnson on an epic adventure through time at the polar extremes of our planet in the two-hour special, Nova: Polar Extremes.

Following a trail of strange fossils found in all the wrong places, beech trees in Antarctica, hippo-like mammals in the Arctic, Johnson uncovers the bizarre history of the poles, from miles-high ice sheets to warm polar forests teeming with life. But what caused such dramatic changes at the ends of the Earth? And what controls the dial on Earth’s thermostat?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes it is, you're just willfully not accepting it.
What happens when facts conflict with one's secure world view?

A choice must be made. Either be flexible enough to alter one's worldview to try to accommodate observed facts.
Or try to rationalize or disprove the facts to align with world view.

It is unfortunate that these days the trend is the latter. Hold firm and double down with one's favored worldview in the face of all contrary evidence. And with the help of the internet, find all kinds of things that seem to support the alternate view.

The thing is, we all need to have the humility to acknowledge that our human concept will always be not quite the ultimate truth.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But here's the biggest problem we have with your By-Cracky-It-Was-A-24-Hour-Day! position - it depends on the sun exiting as a light source, which, for the first 3 days of creation it definitely did not.
It’s obvious from the text that God called the light day and the darkness night. And He said there was evening and there was morning so obviously your wrong. According to how GOD defined day and night it had absolutely nothing to do with the sun, it had everything to do with the presence or absence of light.
For those few days, there was a light source or sources, that may or may not have illuminated the earth, which may or may not have been rotating at the same speed as it does now (if it rotated at all), and may or may not have provided illumination steadily as does the sun
You only come to this conclusion because you completely ignore the fact that He called the light day and the evening night and there was evening and there was morning. That’s exactly why you say we don’t know if the light illuminated the earth but the text specifically tells us that it did by using simple words that even a 5 year old understands like day and night, evening and morning. Which of these words do not refer to the illumination of the earth? Which of these four words refer to ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE ILLUMINATION OF THE EARTH?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.