Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,791.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Here is the map of his supposed trek.... Notice that he does not cross it.... This would be the same as leaving Seattle, walking to Denver and then walking back to Los Angeles
View attachment 271771
BTW, this is the 'supposed trek' on the flat earth.
Flat.jpg

So according to Flat Earthers it was more like walking from Portland to New York seven times which would take 9 months if you walked non stop without sleeping, yet he covered this distance in 54 days while pulling a 100kg sled behind him, stopping to eat and sleep along the way.

• Haha
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Finally, someone else who thinks this is the dumbest debate since “Yanny” or “Laurel.”
Go spend some time in General Theology. Start in soteriology and see how many people think they can earn mercy.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
There is a verse in the Old Testament about 'the circle of the earth'.

There certainly is but it says circle -- it does not say globe or ball or sphere. It also does not mention the four corners or the pillars supporting it or the storehouses for the snow and rain.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BTW, this is the 'supposed trek' on the flat earth.
View attachment 272014
So according to Flat Earthers it was more like walking from Portland to New York seven times which would take 9 months if you walked non stop without sleeping, yet he covered this distance in 54 days while pulling a 100kg sled behind him, stopping to eat and sleep along the way.
You choke on that gnat while swallowing all the camels NASA spoon feeds you, and that from a government caught constantly lying.
This is supposed to be skepticism?
lol

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,791.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You choke on that gnat while swallowing all the camels NASA spoon feeds you, and that from a government caught constantly lying.
lol
You should stick to music, Rick.

• Haha
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
lol
Do not forget you are speaking to people who will gladly go to their quarantine and take their gov pill or vaccine. Why just because science and their gov says so.

• Agree
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,791.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Do not forget you are speaking to people who will gladly go to their quarantine and take their gov pill or vaccine. Why just because science and their gov says so.
I thought Christians weren't supposed to bear false witness against their neighbor.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You should stick to music, Rick.
Mhm.
I'm going to let a phony skeptic shift from throwing shade to telling me what I should do?
What's really going on with you? This isn't like you.
Thought you saw fish in a barrel when you looked at this forum?
So now
I thought Christians weren't supposed to bear false witness against their neighbor.
I'm pretty sure it's not OK to question a person's Christian Faith in this forum but more importantly, do you really feel OK doing it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
mhm.
Probably still watchin' that TV. Nothing like an eye candy parade & some ear tickle to forget who we are & why we're here. (And no, it's not to buy Girl Scout Cookies, guys) lol

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,791.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm pretty sure it's not OK to question a person's Christian Faith in this forum but more importantly, do you really feel OK doing it?
If I believed that being guilty of sin caused one to cease being a Christian, I would disqualify myself from posting in much of CF. I'm surprised that you believe so.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟157,841.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Romans 14

14 Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarrelling over disputable matters. 2 One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand.

• Winner
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Nope. I've watched your fellow flat earthers do it and it is a completely dishonest fudge. Perhaps you could link your evidence to the contrary so we can all have a laugh at it.

Last half of this video shows exactly how a sun above the clouds, making its way across a flat surface can easily light under clouds, and consequently cast a shadow of a mountain up onto the clouds.

Once again, I'm back to my old observation that you people argue against flat earth but have no understanding of it at all.

Laugh away, but know the ignorance is yours alone.

• Haha
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,791.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Last half of this video shows exactly how a sun above the clouds, making its way across a flat surface can easily light under clouds, and consequently cast a shadow of a mountain up onto the clouds.
I watched a few of his videos to see where he gets his magnifying glass principle from. He is taking an atmospheric effect that happens occasionally and applying it across the board. His video demonstrating sunrise and sunset using the lens clearly show the sun getting smaller as it moves away from the lens which does not happen in reality. Like all flat earth explanations, it attempts to explain one observation but is incompatible with other observations.

His video for clouds lit from beneath does not account for the clouds in front and behind the mountain or the fact that light is gradually refracted over vast distances and not suddenly with a fresnel lens. He is applying a relatively rare atmospheric distortion in trying to explain a common occurrence.
Once again, I'm back to my old observation that you people argue against flat earth but have no understanding of it at all.
Once again we are back to the observation that flat earthers can't do science.
Laugh away, but know the ignorance is yours alone.
I'm not laughing. I find the willful ignorance of flat earthers saddening.

• Agree
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

I wonder why christians bear false witness against God and side with man. Of course this has not been the first time according to the Bible but believing the Bible is an option for todays christian

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I watched a few of his videos to see where he gets his magnifying glass principle from. He is taking an atmospheric effect that happens occasionally and applying it across the board. His video demonstrating sunrise and sunset using the lens clearly show the sun getting smaller as it moves away from the lens which does not happen in reality. Like all flat earth explanations, it attempts to explain one observation but is incompatible with other observations.

His video for clouds lit from beneath does not account for the clouds in front and behind the mountain or the fact that light is gradually refracted over vast distances and not suddenly with a fresnel lens. He is applying a relatively rare atmospheric distortion in trying to explain a common occurrence.

Once again we are back to the observation that flat earthers can't do science.

I'm not laughing. I find the willful ignorance of flat earthers saddening.

It's a proof of concept. I'm not the least bit shocked that it was just dismissed outright.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.