• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.

Featured "Flat Earth" or "Globe Earth"

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by GeorgiaGuyinAtlanta, Feb 6, 2020.

1. "Flat Earth"

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. "Ball Earth"

50 vote(s)
    89.3%
  1. prodromos

prodromos Senior Veteran Supporter

+6,148
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    How do we know this? Who says this?

2. Yekcidmij

Yekcidmij Polymath

+1,116
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Others
    Based on what?

3. JackRT

JackRT OOPS!!! Supporter

+14,010
    Canada
    Christian
    Married
    The vast majority od Bible scholars today no longer believe that the Torah was written by Moses.

4. Mollie1

Mollie1 John 3:16 Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+2,386
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
  5. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+2,687
    Seeker
    Yes, check it out. You'll find videos like these:

That clearly show the Sun is not 'fully risen' when a Selenelion occurs. You keep bringing this up like it's some great mystery, but it's not. It's a part of a very easily understood phenomena. You literally see refraction all the time, it's not magic or some explanation that was made up for this rare occurrence. We know how it happens. We know when they're going to happen.

And no, it doesn't happen when the Sun is fully risen, that's just something you've added to it. If you have some evidence it does, please present it, but I won't hold my breath - I'm pretty sure this is, like, the tenth time I've seen you bring this up, and you never actually present proof that it happens when the Sun is fully risen, you just continually claim it does.

I hate to throw the L word at you, but at this point, it's hard not to. You know better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+634
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
  7. prodromos

+6,148
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
  8. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth

+4,207
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    Show all the pictures you want.. Without your magic "refraction" this is not possible. Just as the direction of the moons shadow and the size of the shadow had NASA scrambling, with several comical attempts at explaining it.. .last time the solar eclipse took place.

Here: From: There's An 'Impossible' Lunar Eclipse Happening This Week

There are plenty of times throughout the year when both the sun and moon are visible during the day. But during a lunar eclipse the chance to see both the sun and moon simultaneously is extremely rare. This is because, geometrically speaking, this kind of phenomenon should not be possible.

I could go on and on with websites stating that it is either "impossible" or "seems" impossible.. depending on how far into the site the FE has stirred things up. The more the FE movement is growing and presented.. the more difficult the sites make it to find the "anti-globe" material, that used to be out there.. until... until people started to read it and post it for the errors it presented.

Now, everything goes the extra distance to combat and ensure that the FE cannot use their old truth to point out things that should not really be happening.

9. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+2,687
    Seeker
    Refraction is a perfectly fine explanation. You just don’t like it, but that’s your problem.

10. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth

+4,207
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    It's the excuse for anything that is purely observable that brings questions to the rate of curve of the earth or the globe model... It's either a mirage.. or refraction. It's the "go to" excuse.

Things we observe don't make sense.. You cannot predict "Refraction". It happens due to specific atmospheric humidity and weather conditions.. Same with mirages... You cannot say "two weeks from today you are going to see something that is impossible.. due to the atmospheric conditions."

That's like saying.. " in Two weeks, there will be a rainbow over your house".

11. d taylor

+634
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    You will have to wait till Monday before i can give a longer detail account. As my phone line has been damaged by a lot of rain we have had and my computer kicks off line and will not connect for but just minutes at a time.

12. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+2,687
    Seeker
    Again, that you don’t like and/or understand the answer doesn’t invalidate the concept. It’s perfectly consistent. It’s an understood phenomena. We know why it happens. We know when it happens. No amount of sticking your fingers in your ears is going to change that.

Are you at least going to stop saying it happens when the Sun is fully risen. You’ve never supported that.

13. lasthero

lasthero Newbie

+2,687
    Seeker
    By the way, this one sentence encapsulates one of your biggest problems. You assume that, because you can’t imagine how someone who predict refraction, you just don’t think it’s possible. You completely lack any expertise to make that claim. It never occurs to you that those ‘white coats’ maybe know a few things you don’t.

Yes, you can predict refraction. It’s not some magical process, it’s a readily understood property of light.

14. prodromos

+6,148
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married

The earth's atmosphere has a gradient density, just ask anyone who has climbed a high mountain. Light bends in the atmosphere in exactly the same way as in the video just over longer distances as the change in density isn't as extreme as in the video.

15. prodromos

+6,148
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Ask any surveyor. They have to correct for refraction every time they measure vertical angles.

16. prodromos

+6,148
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Ouch! I've been through that many times. I had my phone line switched to a different pair in the local link point three times because the copper was deteriorating. ADSL can work over some pretty crap conditions but it has its limits. We are now on the new broadband infrastructure. I haven't had to restart the modem for a month now.

17. d taylor

+634
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    I thought to just scan the book that way i would not have to type out a lot which does not take long to post a file. these is actually from His Book on Genesis.

Genesis 4 (a).jpg
    Genesis 4 (b).jpg

18. gabemaiberger

gabemaiberger Computer Engineering and Physics Student

+9
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    I think that the Earth is round for many reasons. Chief among them is the fact that lunar parallax demonstrates the distance to the moon (via the law of sines) to be 384,000,000 meters. Far above the 4,828,032 meters (3000 miles) given by flat earth proponents. lsin.gif
    Another reason I believe that the Earth is round is because the solar azimuth angle does not match the predictions of the azimuthal flat earth model. For example, the flat earth model predicted that on 1/25/2020 2:00 PM (Local Mean Solar Time) at a latitude of 40.5° N the azimuth angle of the Sun would be 230.5° (using the arccos function and shifting the origin of the flat earth map to the observer's latitude). The globe earth model predicted that the azimuth angle of the sun would be 211.12°. I measured the azimuth angle of the sun to be 211°. 98d8a397-8a92-4799-8f5d-2f3f9c763ea7.png

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. prodromos

+6,148
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Thank you for making the effort to post this. It is interesting but ultimately it is the interpretation of Dr Arnold Fruchtenbaum which can be added to the ever growing list of personal interpretations by other people. To use his own words, I believe he is being imaginative in his exegesis.

20. prodromos

+6,148
    Australia
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    While we are on the subject of the Jews, why are there no flat earthers among the Jewish Rabbis?