✟30,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Genesis 6

1Now when men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughters were born to them, 2the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they took as wives whomever they chose.

3So the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days shall be 120 years.”

4The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and afterward as well—when the sons of God had relations with the daughters of men. And they bore them children who became the mighty men of old, men of renown.

Well first we must find out who the sons of God were.

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among us job 1:6

So the sons God were Angels.

There were 200 fallen Angels who landed on Mount Herman that day, this is Mount Herman today.

a hermonxxxxxxxxxxxx.PNG

In order to carry out its mandate, UNDOF maintains an area of separation, which is over 75 kilometres (46.6 miles) long and varies in width between approximately 10 kilometres (6.21 miles) in the centre to 200 meters (0.12 miles) in the extreme south. The terrain is hilly and is dominated in the north by Mount Hermon, which is the location of the globe’s highest permanently manned United Nations position at an altitude of 2,814 meters (1,75 miles).

What does the UN know that we don't ?

Reactions: guyver

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟30,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Golan Heights rise from 400 to 1700 feet in the northeastern section of the country. Israel's highest mountain, Mt. Herman, is located here.

Didn't trump secure the Golan Heights for Israel ?

Why is this place so important for them ?

Reactions: guyver
Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,421.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It could be nothing at all going on , just securing a sensitive peace of real estate.
Do we have anything to suggest something sinister or other wise could be happening here , other than it's history.?

I saw your thread and at first it looked interesting but there's no meat to chew on , no aliens , no ufos , nothing.
Well not so far anyway..:)

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟30,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It could be nothing at all going on , just securing a sensitive peace of real estate.
Do we have anything to suggest something sinister or other wise could be happening here , other than it's history.?

I saw your thread and at first it looked interesting but there's no meat to chew on , no aliens , no ufos , nothing.
Well not so far anyway..:)

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,554.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Mount Hermon is also likely where the Lord Jesus' transfiguration took place.

Mark 9:2 - The Transfiguration - Bible Hub
(2) that there is strong reason for believing that Tabor had at this time a fortress on its summit. It must be remembered that Caesarea Philippi was at the foot of Libanus; and the spurs of Libanus would present several eminences answering to the description, "a high mountain (ὄρος ὑψηλὸν)." The Mount of Transfiguration was in all probability Hermon, a position of extreme grandeur and beauty, its snowy peaks overlooking the whole extent of Palestine. "High up,"

Reactions: Apple Sky
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Genesis 6

1Now when men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughters were born to them, 2the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they took as wives whomever they chose.

3So the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days shall be 120 years.”

4The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and afterward as well—when the sons of God had relations with the daughters of men. And they bore them children who became the mighty men of old, men of renown.

Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among us job 1:6

There were 200 fallen Angels who landed on Mount Herman that day, this is Mount Herman today.

View attachment 344140

In order to carry out its mandate, UNDOF maintains an area of separation, which is over 75 kilometres (46.6 miles) long and varies in width between approximately 10 kilometres (6.21 miles) in the centre to 200 meters (0.12 miles) in the extreme south. The terrain is hilly and is dominated in the north by Mount Hermon, which is the location of the globe’s highest permanently manned United Nations position at an altitude of 2,814 meters (1,75 miles).

Genesis 6

View attachment 344140

The UN don't know anything about spiritual matters.

The Nephilim were not fallen angels ... God did not give angels the ability to pro-create (within themselves, nor with humans)

And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.” Genesis 1:24. (this obviously pertains to mankind as well)

The bodies of the celestial and the terrestrial are different, and cannot reproduce, as Jesus confirms in Mark 12:25, Matthew 22:30 and Luke 20:35.

Angels and mankind are two separate type of created beings and are unable to produce offspring from the two.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The bodies of the celestial and the terrestrial are different, and cannot reproduce, as Jesus confirms in Mark 12:25, Matthew 22:30 and Luke 20:35.
Those passages do not say anything about reproduction! They simply state angels of God in HEAVEN do not marry, more than that is an assumption.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Those passages do not say anything about reproduction! They simply state angels of God in HEAVEN do not marry, more than that is an assumption.
Marriage is a Holy institution to God, we see that by Him using the dedicated marriage union of mankind (man/woman) through out scripture and that helps us understand our dedicated union with Him. Bride of Christ etc. He made it clear that marriage was to be undefiled.

Angels who dwell in the presence of God live to serve and worship Him. The Bible never hints at the idea that angels reproduce or that they have any need to. As far as we know, angels do not die a natural death, so angelic reproduction is not necessary to continue the race of angelic beings. God created angels, He sustains them, and, if He desires more angels, He can create them. Nowhere in the bible does it state angels have the ability to procreate.

Believe what you want.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Marriage is a Holy institution to God, we see that by Him using the dedicated marriage union of mankind (man/woman) through out scripture and that helps us understand our dedicated union with Him. Bride of Christ etc. He made it clear that marriage was to be undefiled.

All true but has no bearing on the sinful actions of fallen angels. They do not care about God's Holy institutions!
Angels who dwell in the presence of God live to serve and worship Him.
Very true! But this topic does not concern angels that dwell in the presence of God.

The Bible never hints at the idea that angels reproduce or that they have any need to.
Actually the Bible does not list all of the cans and cannots within the ability of angels, but does list a few details. We do know that God's Holy angels can appear as men so as we cannot tell the difference. Hebrews 13:2

They appeared as men in Sodom where evil men wanted to have sex with them. Genesis 19:5

They ate with Lot when they had no need for human food. Genesis 19:3

No-one I know of teaches fallen angels had a desire to reproduce more fallen angels but the only goal was to corrupt the seed of man. Genesis 6:12, Jude 7

As far as we know, angels do not die a natural death,
Very true!
so angelic reproduction is not necessary to continue the race of angelic beings.
Also very true but has nothing to do with the issue at hand.
God created angels, He sustains them, and, if He desires more angels, He can create them.

Very True!

Nowhere in the bible does it state angels have the ability to procreate.

Very true , but that is not the issue at hand. Genesis 6 and Jude does allude to this unholy union ,how be it is not for the purpose creating more angels but to corrupt the seed of man which is shown in scripture.
Believe what you want.
This has nothing to do with what you or I want, it is only what is in scripture that matters. I have laid out a general outline using backing Scripture from my understanding of this topic, you only made human reasoning arguments. My goal is not to change your mind it appears to be made up but my only goal on this topic is answer arguments not founded in what the text of scripture actually says.

As you said believe what you will,but stating something as fact without scripture to back it up will usually be challenged on a forum such as this.

I appreciate your conversation on this most controversial topic. This is all a widely held view in Christendom over all. It was the understanding of many early church fathers.

I had this discussion with a pastor friend of mine a few years ago. He told me "I cannot with scripture disprove what you've said but I choose not to believe it". I truly believe that is where most are coming from who do not hold this view , they choose not to believe it, and try very hard to explain away the clear wording of relevant texts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0