✟1,178,119.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You're a smart one aren't you ?
Not particularly, but I can work things out from basic principles and do the calculations. I don't believe the earth is a globe because it is what I was taught at school, I believe it because of simple things like water levels demonstrating the horizon is below eye level, the testimony of numerous explorers of Antarctica, the fact that direct flights between Perth and Johannesburg or Sydney and Santiago occur regularly without the need to refuel along the way, stuff that is impossible on the flat earth model yet happens all the time because the earth actually is a globe.
Romans 1:22
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
What an apt self description you posted.

Upvote 0

FireBrimstone

Feb 25, 2020
Atlantis
✟13,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not particularly, but I can work things out from basic principles and do the calculations. I don't believe the earth is a globe because it is what I was taught at school, I believe it because of simple things like water levels demonstrating the horizon is below eye level, the testimony of numerous explorers of Antarctica, the fact that direct flights between Perth and Johannesburg or Sydney and Santiago occur regularly without the need to refuel along the way, stuff that is impossible on the flat earth model yet happens all the time because the earth actually is a globe.

What an apt self description you posted.
I'm sure you're a cool guy but you obviously have a lot of anger in your heart, so I have to tell you the Bible teaches unless you have love you have nothing.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,119.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm sure you're a cool guy but you obviously have a lot of anger in your heart, so I have to tell you the Bible teaches unless you have love you have nothing.
If you had as much intelligence as I have anger in my heart, you would be an imbecile.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
It would be my guess that 100% of the people on this forum has never been to Antarctica. Including yourself. Just saying lol..

Hey, if you or someone else happens to have 15k USD to give me, I'm more than willing to take an Antarctic cruise.

Journey to Antarctica

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

FireBrimstone

Feb 25, 2020
Atlantis
✟13,147.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, if you or someone else happens to have 15k USD to give me, I'm more than willing to take an Antarctic cruise.

Journey to Antarctica

-CryptoLutheran
Not sure if you can take a tour of the firmament on an Antarctic Cruise ha ha. That price is way above my means lol.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Not sure if you can take a tour of the firmament on an Antarctic Cruise ha ha. That price is way above my means lol.

I mean, there's no firmament to tour; so you're right I can't visit it. I can, however visit Antactica. I don't have $15,000 to spend on a two week cruise to Antactica, however, so unless someone wants to sponsor such a trip, I have no plans on visiting anytime soon.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,119.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There's a difference between frustration and anger.

-CryptoLutheran
The trouble is, I'm neither frustrated nor angry. I'm at a complete loss as to how he has drawn the conclusion he has.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I did that already, you just don't want to listen.

Of course He did, by stopping the rotation of the earth for a while.

Are you seriously asking this?
I present a scenario where God overcomes the natural laws of conservation of energy which would have killed every living thing on the planet, flattened every city and forest, torn down mountains and caused the oceans to completely wash over the surface of the continents leaving nothing but bare rock, and you think I would have a problem with Jesus walking on water?

I believe God has total mastery over all creation, don't you?

You have not shown, you believe anything about the Bible, so what ever you believe about the Bible first must pass the science test. That is what you have shown me.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What proof do you have that man can only travel to a maximum altitude of 30 miles? Why are you ignoring my original question?

Your original question makes an assumption that the earth is the shape in the Gleason map. I do not know the shape, so i have no basis to say what shape the flat earth is, the Bible does not give a differentiate shape. It just describes a completely opposite creation than what science states.

Why are these two photos showing the same height from above the earth.

iss.jpg

Red bull.jpg

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,119.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have a question if a mountain is 14000 ft above sea level since the ocean is round, what is the top of the mountain level with ? The shoreline or the highest part of the ocean relative to the mountain ?
Sea level is approximately 21,000,000 ft from the centre of the earth, so your mountain peak is approximately 21,014,000 ft from the centre of the earth.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,119.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What lenses are being used for each photo? What is the field of view of each camera?

I do not know and really could care less, i can see the problem presented by these two photos. And i do not simply dismiss this as camera lens differentiation the distances are two great. So you can keep up this about camera lens, but i can see for myself from not only this photo but any photo out there.

There is not one single photo taken from 250 miles from above the earth surface. They are all 20 to 30 miles high.

Simple, just prove me wrong, go out and take a photo from 250 miles away and then take one from 24 to 20 miles away and make them appear to show the same distance.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,119.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I do not know and really could care less
Of course you don't. You have no interest in truth or facts when it comes to pushing your narrative.
i can see the problem presented by these two photos. And i do not simply dismiss this as camera lens differentiation the distances are two great.
One photo is from 0.39% more than the earth's radius, the other is from 3.9% more than the earth's radius. That's a difference of 3.5%
The earth is HUGE in comparison to the distances you are bringing up
So you can keep up this about camera lens
Well sure, because facts are important
but i can see for myself from not only this photo but any photo out there.

There is not one single photo taken from 250 miles from above the earth surface. They are all 20 to 30 miles high.
vFA0HeI1XmHg3byhwKiByy3UfoJZ9np7biQrAYOdVgQ.jpg

These are a few of the different lenses used for photography aboard the I.S.S. Each one has its own particular field of view. From 25 miles up you can see nearly 450 miles to the horizon, so Felix Baumgartner could see less than half the width of the USA from his vantage point. From 250 miles up you can see 1,430 miles, so from the I.S.S they can comfortably see the entire width of the USA.
Simple, just prove me wrong, go out and take a photo from 250 miles away and then take one from 24 to 20 miles away and make them appear to show the same distance.
I can take a photo of a lion in the zoo from a few feet away with a 35mm camera lens. I can go to South Africa and take a photo of a lion from 150 feet away with a 500mm lens. In both images the lion would appear the same size.

Upvote 0

SPF

Feb 7, 2017
ATL
✟142,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You cannot see Kawaikini from the peak of Mauna Kea.

Mauna Kea, the highest peak in Hawaii (the summit of the Big Island), offers incredible views. With nothing but the ocean around it, and a few other nearby islands, you should be able to see extremely far away. The island of Kauai has the seventh highest point in the Hawaiian islands: the peak known as Kawaikini. If you were to draw a straight line from Mauna Kea (elevation: 13,796 ft.) to Kawaikini (elevation: 5226 ft.) it would span a distance of 303 miles.

However, you cannot see one from the other, which you would absolutely be able to do if the Earth were flat. With a curved Earth of its measured radius, the line-of-sight limit for those two elevations caps out at 233 miles. Only with a curved Earth is one invisible from the other, and this is true for any two mountain peaks with clear line-of-sights from one to the other.

Upvote 0

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Clouds millions of miles away behind the sun lol
When flat earthers bring this picture up, it always amazes.

Do you seriously think the Sun is only two or three miles high? Seriously?

People could see it fly by in a plane if it were that low. Does it really not occur to you that you might be missing something?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.