Nov 12, 2008
✟240,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
So, you acknowledge that your post was egregious and irrelevant?
I suspect not, in which case your non-reply implicitly does what appears to do explicitly.
I expceted more resistance.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
And yet a man can claim to be a women, claim to have periods, and have babies ~ and secularism is ok with that. Even make laws enforcing this flat earth religion upon the nation.
That's what I call a flat earth religion and a bunch of believers who blindly follow it in a fundamentalist fervor.
This is an extremely rude post to place here. Challenging people to respond in ways forbidden by the forum is unfair.

It is against the rules of the forum for people to defend non-conservative attitudes towards gender identity or sexuality, so I will not.

However to characterise the attitudes as being religious and analogous to Flat Earth beliefs is incorrect.

Also to characterise transgender people as "claiming to have periods and have babies" is also incorrect as any kind of general trend.

I have never seen a single instance of a someone who identified as a transgender woman (that is someone who was identified as male at birth then underwent transition) claiming to have periods and have babies.

(Note, I am not defending or supporting transgender or sexuality attitudes, just pointing out false statements of fact).

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is an extremely rude post to place here. Challenging people to respond in ways forbidden by the forum is unfair.

It is against the rules of the forum for people to defend non-conservative attitudes towards gender identity or sexuality, so I will not.

However to characterise the attitudes as being religious and analogous to Flat Earth beliefs is incorrect.

Also to characterise transgender people as "claiming to have periods and have babies" is also incorrect as any kind of general trend.

I have never seen a single instance of a someone who identified as a transgender woman (that is someone who was identified as male at birth then underwent transition) claiming to have periods and have babies.

(Note, I am not defending or supporting transgender or sexuality attitudes, just pointing out false statements of fact).

• Informative
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Ah yes, so you were completely mistaken.

The placing of tampons in the mens bathroom is for people who identify as transgender men, so people who were identified as female at birth and then later underwent transition.

Transgender men can appear at a glance as as any other men, but still go through menstruation,

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Think I will just stick with the Funk and Wagnalls definition of female.
Thanks anyway.

What does the word female mean?
Part of speech:
noun
A person or animal of the female sex.

Part of speech: adjective
Of or pertaining to the sex that brings forth young or produces ova; feminine.

Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
One step cl

Think I will just stick with the Funk and Wagnalls definition of female.
Thanks anyway.

What does the word female mean?
Part of speech:
noun
A person or animal of the female sex.

Part of speech: adjective
Of or pertaining to the sex that brings forth young or produces ova; feminine.
Nice general rule... but it fails at edge cases.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟245,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
I am simply curious how secularists who question how some Christians follow flat earth while supporting a real flat earth religion of their own.
Quite a quandary I think.
Although some secularists do follow "flat Earth religions", so to speak, I think that all the rest of us (secularist and otherwise) make it a moot quandary.

Upvote 0

Leaviathan

Feb 19, 2015
Cape Cod
✟31,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
FEarth.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,226.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think it's flat and I don't understand why Christianity doesn't hold that belief as well.
I think it'd be what Christianity would be all about and the idea that it is flat does make sense if you look at the evidence and makes us special and belonging to and taken care of by God. I've found that the idea is immediately attacked and dismissed and there's plenty of smear videos that don't really address the topics that those whom have done extensive research upon the matter have discovered; it's merely if you believe it's flat, you're an idiot; which I think is quite out of line, especially for Christians.
Book a flight it's not hard to see it for yourself.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I think it's flat and I don't understand why Christianity doesn't hold that belief as well.
I think it'd be what Christianity would be all about and the idea that it is flat does make sense if you look at the evidence and makes us special and belonging to and taken care of by God. I've found that the idea is immediately attacked and dismissed and there's plenty of smear videos that don't really address the topics that those whom have done extensive research upon the matter have discovered; it's merely if you believe it's flat, you're an idiot; which I think is quite out of line, especially for Christians.
I have yet to hear even one proof why it is flat. Maybe my favorite one I hear is, the sun peaking through a hole in the clouds spreads out rays way too soon (too wide a pattern) for the sun to be 93 million miles away. Well, what's wrong with that one is, the sun in the firmament (according to the distance I was told) is still too far away to produce such a pattern.

All I hear is discounting of evidence the earth is globular, and positive claims (assertions) that prove nothing —only make ya go, "hmmm".

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟475,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I have yet to hear even one proof why it is flat. Maybe my favorite one I hear is, the sun peaking through a hole in the clouds spreads out rays way too soon (too wide a pattern) for the sun to be 93 million miles away. Well, what's wrong with that one is, the sun in the firmament (according to the distance I was told) is still too far away to produce such a pattern.

All I hear is discounting of evidence the earth is globular, and positive claims (assertions) that prove nothing —only make ya go, "hmmm".

Indeed, and many Flat Earther claims, such as the supposed lack of non-stop flights between Australia and New Zealand, southern Africa, and the Southern Cone (Chile, Argentina, and Uruguay), including flights routed over Antarctica, have been debunked.

• Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it's flat
Sorry to hear it.
and I don't understand why Christianity doesn't hold that belief as well.
Because it isn't true.
I think it'd be what Christianity would be all about
Two excellent reasons: 1) Christianity isn't about the shape of the earth, and B) the Earth is an oblate spheroid.

and the idea that it is flat does make sense
None at all.

if you look at the evidence
Of which there is none.

and makes us special and belonging to and taken care of by God.
Except that is doesn't happen to be the way that God actually designed the cosmos.

I've found that the idea is immediately attacked and dismissed
Probably because that the idea earth is flat is rubbish.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Geocentricism is different from flat Earth.
True. And geocentrism is as true as, say, Euroentrism. It's all a matter of perspective. I'd submit that Middle Tennessee is also the center of the universe - my universe, anyway. Is it the barycenter of God's universe? Nope, not even close.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
where that all goes wrong is when you try to take the Bible as a science book instead of a theological one. It is about how God relates to mankind, NOT the details on how God created inanimate objects.
I'm an Electrical Engineer (or was when I worked for a living), and try as I might, I've never found Ohm's Law in the Bible, even though God unarguably created it.

Reactions: BeyondET
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sure... and your livelihood depended on conforming to "round earth" doctrine.
Since "round eath doctrine" happens to be true, you'd hope a cartographer would conform to it.

• Agree
Upvote 0