Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
not really. I am a mechanical engineer by degree; and spent 20 years as a tool and die design engineer. My lively hood is just fine without this job.
EEs are far nicer than MEs. (Quoth Jipsah, Superannuated Electrical Engineer)

• Love
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is a common meme spread by atheists for the purpose of mocking the bible we know,
Except that the Bible doesn't say the earrth is flat, it merely describes it as people generally speak - from an earth-bound perspective.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OK here's what I'm going to do:
I'm gonna find out what Al Gore says and then believe the opposite.
I think he believes that the sun rises in the east.

• Love
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From my observations, watching and discernment, it seems like paranoid delusion.
Better keep your eyes tightly shut, else you might fall for that "delusion" as well.

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OK, Flerfies, here are two items that your lot never seem to be able to deal with:
1) Ships disappearing below the horizon. As ship sail away from you toward the horizon, they disappear from the botton upward. The hull disappears first, then the deck structures and lower masts, then the mastheads. Flerfies always claim that it's merely a matter of perspective, and that with a powerful enough telescope or binocs or whatever, you can still see the everything that's above water. This is easily shown to be untrue with pictures take with long lenses, which show that if a ship is hull-down (hull below the horizon), it doesn't matter what kind of magnifying bring-em-near you use, all you're gonna see is the part of the ship above the horizon, even though it's well above the water line, even though, being magnified, the part we can see is bigger. Those few Flerfies who've actually tried it and found it true, have invented a haze that exists only far away that rises to prevent you from seeing the hull when the vessel is "too far away" (i.e., below the visible horizon) to be seen. (Handy, that; good job it never gets any closer than that.)
then
2) Long Path RF propagation. I've actually done this. Point beam antenna toward Australia on 20 meters. Lots of interference, can't have a decent conversation. Switch to CW (Morse code, more efficient), Aussie ham suggests "long path", each of us turning our beams 180 degrees, the "wrong way" around the world. Lo and behold, clear air, good signal both ways, no problem having an extended QSO (conversation) about a mutual favorite footballer. In flat earth terms, there can be no "long path".

Never had a flerfie even attempt to explain long path, and their "explanations" of the ships dropping below te horizon are all lame excuses.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟220,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wires, Green Screens, CGI Fakery, Camera Trickery, Movie Props, Scaled Down Models, Sound Studios, Olympic Size Swimming Pools, Sorcery, Mass Hypnosis, Smoke and Mirrors, Sleight of Hand Etc.

All the way back to Eretosthenes.
Right.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
the Earth is an oblate spheroid.
Look here, I'm sometimes not particularly fond of this world, but there is no need to use strong language on this forum! :laughing: :p

• Love
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟282,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
True. And geocentrism is as true as, say, Euroentrism. It's all a matter of perspective. I'd submit that Middle Tennessee is also the center of the universe - my universe, anyway. Is it the barycenter of God's universe? Nope, not even close.
I had to look up barycenter. It remined me of The Three Body Problem by Liu Cixin. Cool novel trilogy

• Agree
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟472,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
So you voluntarily promoted "round earth" fables???

Well I suppose the Earth being round could be a fable insofar as the actual shape is an irregular spheroid, as the Earth bulges subtly in the Equator, much like my figure.

• Haha
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟472,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
I had to look up barycenter. It remined me of The Three Body Problem by Liu Cixin. Cool novel trilogy

Indeed. The Sophon android was creepy. But the dimensional collapse, that was a disaster. I don’t think many Flat Earth proponents have stopped to think how horrible the universe would be if the Earth were two dimensional. Or one, or zero, the dreadful ultimate fate that I think is subtextually hinted at, that a universe where the great powers are wiping each other out by deleting dimensions will eventually result in the deletion of all dimensions and the entire collapse of spacetime.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟472,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
All the way back to Eretosthenes.
Right.

We all know how much the ancient Egyptians contributed to the field of stop motion animation, but it was the Romans with their vast hydroelectric server farms that mastered CGI, so as to reduce the cost and increase the spectacle of the games, by televising them. This propelled Claudius to First Citizen, as can be seen in the 1968 historical documentary Star Trek: Bread and Circuses.

(actually one of my favorite episodes of TOS, along with The Omega Glory, City on the Edge of Forever, A Taste of Armageddon, The Cage, Space Seed, Amok Time, The Tholian Web, The Immunity Syndrome, The Apple, Balance of Terror, and The Doomsday Machine)

Reactions: Jipsah
Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I suppose the Earth being round could be a fable insofar as the actual shape is an irregular spheroid, as the Earth bulges subtly in the Equator, much like my figure.

Some of those flat earthers can actually make a pretty good case for the earth being flat but, (big but), it still doesn't stand up to scripture or Testimonies.

They had me wondering if it could in fact be true, I admit that. But suddenly one day I had a realization (revelation?).

How many Testimonies from people have we all heard about and listened to which concern people being caught up in the Spirit and going above the earth in space, usually looking down upon earth while talking to Jesus or some other heavenly being? Lots. Lots and lots. I have heard many of them and can't be the only one who hears these Testimonies.

So think about those testimonies speciffically. We were all taught in school that they used to think that the earth was flat but they finally figured out that the earth is indeed round. So if anyone were caught up into the Spirit and viewed the earth and it was really flat...That would be a big detail and surely people would be talking all about it!

Except they don't talk about that. Because the earth is round so that as a point is not worth mentioning, oh and I seen the earth was round like I was taught...?? Nope they lose right there. If it was flat people would have said so. Not one ever has.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟472,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
I agree with you. The number of people who witnessed Christ's resurrection and later suffered martyrdom is probably less than 100, but of those who became Christian through the witness of the 1st century martyrs, it definitely numbers in the hundreds those who were martyred.

Probably several thousand after major persecution began under Nero. Recall after falsely accusing and convicting Christians of starting the disastrous fire that some believe he started, he crucified and lit on fire large numbers of Christians, and violent persecution continued throughout the Empire on a massive industrial scale until Emperor Trajan came to power, at which point the Gestapo-style investigations to identify Christians were largely suspended (but would return after the death of Marcus Aurelius, and reached a peak under Diocletian; the Coptic Calendar uses as its Epoch the start of the Diocletian Persecutions; we now live in The Year of Martyrs 1739.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Except that the Bible doesn't say the earrth is flat, it merely describes it as people generally speak - from an earth-bound perspective.
Yes, that's always a good point. I've said that several times, but it's useful to repeat. :)

Upvote 0