Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
(no worries, I was afraid that was the case - so I tagged you! Tag, you're it. :) )
One of the children came up to Peter and Jim and said, "We almost got snowed in. Mommy and Daddy said you guys helped us and there was this one girl; she seemed sad. But she was the one who told us to come here. Do you know who that girl was, I'd like to sit on her lap now and try to cheer her up." Peter looked at Jim and then looked outside of the shelter. "Lorena?" The winds were starting to pick up and the snow was no longer a trickle.

"Oh Lorena ... you have kept this guilt on you for so long. God has sent different people to help you now. Come here for a moment so I can take a good look at you." The mysterious figured beckoned for Lorena to come closer, a white light emanating from around her form.

"I didn't think God would let me talk to you, even for just a second. Forgive yourself, Lorena. And serve the Lord with the rest of your life. Jesus showed me again last night the wounds on His hands and side and He told me He did it for you ..." The image reached out to give Lorena a hug ...

When the two demons that were about to pounce on Lorena heard about the wounds on the Eternal King, they fled in terror ...

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(no worries, I was afraid that was the case - so I tagged you! Tag, you're it. :) )
One of the children came up to Peter and Jim and said, "We almost got snowed in. Mommy and Daddy said you guys helped us and there was this one girl; she seemed sad. But she was the one who told us to come here. Do you know who that girl was, I'd like to sit on her lap now and try to cheer her up." Peter looked at Jim and then looked outside of the shelter. "Lorena?" The winds were starting to pick up and the snow was no longer a trickle.

"Oh Lorena ... you have kept this guilt on you for so long. God has sent different people to help you now. Come here for a moment so I can take a good look at you." The mysterious figured beckoned for Lorena to come closer, a white light emanating from around her form.

"I didn't think God would let me talk to you, even for just a second. Forgive yourself, Lorena. And serve the Lord with the rest of your life. Jesus showed me again last night the wounds on His hands and side and He told me He did it for you ..." The image reached out to give Lorena a hug ...

When the two demons that were about to pounce on Lorena heard about the wounds on the Eternal King, they fled in terror ...

Lorena breathed out frosty breath as time seemed to stand still. Huge clumps of snow froze in midair as she walked slowly towards the mysterious figure. "I'm not dead yet am I?" She said, looking around the empty graveyard. She saw the dark figures running off, and hoped she hadn't run out of time when she was just getting back to where she wanted to be.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Blessed more than I deserve
Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"As much as I want you to be with us now, Lorena ... the Lord has a different path for you. He loves you immensely. But be careful; the darkness does not like to be defeated. You can be a warrior for Christ ... accept Him as your Savior."

The scenery changed for a moment as the image grew brighter in a flash and then disappeared but not before the figure said again "I am proud of you; clean for one month. What God has made clean inside, do not corrupt again. I love you. Your new friend Peter has seen three Spirits - Christmas Past, Christmas Present, Christmas Future. You are Christmas present ... there are many people who need your light. But first, you must light that candle in your heart and allow Jesus to shine."

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"As much as I want you to be with us now, Lorena ... the Lord has a different path for you. He loves you immensely. But be careful; the darkness does not like to be defeated. You can be a warrior for Christ ... accept Him as your Savior."

The scenery changed for a moment as the image grew brighter in a flash and then disappeared but not before the figure said again "I am proud of you; clean for one month. What God has made clean inside, do not corrupt again. I love you. Your new friend Peter has seen three Spirits - Christmas Past, Christmas Present, Christmas Future. You are Christmas present ... there are many people who need your light. But first, you must light that candle in your heart and allow Jesus to shine."

Lorena fell in the snow. "Please don't leave me alone." She said, tears staining her face. "Momma?" There was silence around her and she cried out on her knees.

"Why do you love me God? I don't deserve it....I should have been on that boat. It should have been me that died... Not my friends. . Ive done nothing but mess up. I am no good to anyone." She breathed deeply. The woods around the cemetary seemed to provide some shelter from the blowing winds, but the air was sharp in her lungs.

She really did want Jesus gift though. She believed what He did...

"Why should I forgive myself when I should have been on that boat too..."

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thinking about the spirit, she realized it had to be her mom. She had never heard those words from her mom before. And hearing them, gave her some strength to fight. She went to the edge of the woods and got as much firewood as she could. Her fingers were so numb, but she happened to have matches in her pocket and she tried until she got it to work. As quickly as she could, she started a fire, and tried to surround the trees in a makeshift shelter as best as she could with the blankets she brought.

"Jesus...please forgive me for my sins...I do believe you. I do want to accept your love and help others...I want to live. I don't deserve such grace, but I don't want to waste it either. It can't end this way." She got as close to the fire as she could and covered up. She wasn't sure why God loved her and everyone else so much. But the spirit made her realize it is all she ever really wanted...to love and to be loved. Lorelie and Spring did. And despite her critical demeanor, like her tough love uncle, her mom did too. And now...well Uncle Jim and Aunt Murtle really do care, she thought. Then there was Peter. If there was anyone she felt would come looking, it was him. If they realized she was gone...she smiled a bit thinking about how even with all her mess ups, there was still hope. She didn't want to let the fire go out. But she was really tired. It had been a long day. Many long years. She threw a couple more sticks on the fire and sat leaning up on a tree closing her eyes. Somehow she knew it was going to be okay...

@PeterJames0510 (just in case. Lol.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Peter was a little confused; he drove his truck to his neighbors, where Sheriff Jim said he sent Lorena. But no sign of that slightly beat up car. He went back to his house too, wondering where she could have been. But there was no sign of her. He had double checked with the Johnsons who said they were the last place she visited. He had to find her very quickly, or the snow would soon be too much for the truck as well.

He hadn't realized that his truck had actually pulled very close to the road where the down tree was lying; within ear shot of her. The problem was, he was facing the wrong direction. He got out to look again on the road. He cried out loud, "Lord, help me find Lorena. I should have taken better care of her, I'm sorry." He felt like the Lord had a mission for her and he was a stop gap for now. Peter began to cry, overcome with emotions of caring and guilt. "Oh God, I'm sorry I drove past her the first time. By your grace, you gave me a second chance. Please, I don't want something bad to happen to her. What am I missing?"

He thought of all the things he wanted her to experience with the rest of the community. Parades. Picnics. Revival meetings. Camps. College if she wanted it. Cookouts and barbeques ... young adults putting on their own fashion sho ...

Wait ... cookouts and barbeques.

Peter smelled the air and realized why he had thought of a cookout; he could smell smoke. It was faint, almost as if it were dying. Grabbing a flashlight from the bed of his car, he turned it on and looked around from to determine where the fire was coming from. A tree ... down. A car right behind it. Running back to the truck, he grabbed a blanket and went searching for Lorena. "Lorena. Lorena? Are you here, close by?" He didn't hear anything, but could still smell the burning. "Where are you my sist ..." When he realized what he was saying, he stopped himself. "Lorena?" He would raise his voice if he had to ... he knew she was close by ... he just knew it.

Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Almost faintly like a dream, she heard Peter's voice. She was having a hard time moving. She picked up some sticks tossing him on the fire to get it going again. She looked up...was it a vulture? An eagle circling overhead? She wasn't sure. It didn't seem very cold anymore. It seemed like a beautiful blanket of white around her and she wasn't afraid. "Peter?" She whispered hoarsely? "Follow the eagle."

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Lorena? Lorena, you okay" Peter said as he neared the campfire. He saw the embers were kept alive by new sticks. Placing the blanket around Lorena, he was afraid she might be too cold or hallucinating.

"Eagle? You mean, like the one we saw earlier in the day? We need to get you in my truck to get you warmed up" Peter said. "I'm so glad you're here; I'll take you back to the mission."

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Lorena? Lorena, you okay" Peter said as he neared the campfire. He saw the embers were kept alive by new sticks. Placing the blanket around Lorena, he was afraid she might be too cold or hallucinating.

"Eagle? You mean, like the one we saw earlier in the day? We need to get you in my truck to get you warmed up" Peter said. "I'm so glad you're here; I'll take you back to the mission."

"D-did you bring the h-heated seats." She said with a hoarse laugh. She closed her eyes a moment smiling.

"Mom...said she was proud of me...Jesus saved me from the demons. Kept me alive..."

Lorena realized she may have sounded a bit insane, and maybe she was a bit hypothermic, but she knew Jesus saved her life this day. Her very soul.

"I knew y-you would come." She said, letting him help her to her feet...

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Aww, I saw Lorelai today too. Same thing for both of us; we were allowed to see someone we love and the Lord saved us afterwards" Peter reassured her, gently helping her into the much coveted heated seats of 'Ze Clunker.

Peter told Lorena to be comfortable, he would move the tree and tow the truck back to the mission. When he finally had gotten the car hooked up to the back end of his truck, he started slowly to go to the Mission house. He didn't want to alarm Lorena, but he did gently raise the temperature of the truck to as high as 75 degrees hoping it would warm her up.

"Are you okay, Lorena? Are you ... are you a sister in Christ now? Because if so, you have a whole new family."

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Aww, I saw Lorelai today too. Same thing for both of us; we were allowed to see someone we love and the Lord saved us afterwards" Peter reassured her, gently helping her into the much coveted heated seats of 'Ze Clunker.

Peter told Lorena to be comfortable, he would move the tree and tow the truck back to the mission. When he finally had gotten the car hooked up to the back end of his truck, he started slowly to go to the Mission house. He didn't want to alarm Lorena, but he did gently raise the temperature of the truck to as high as 75 degrees hoping it would warm her up.

"Are you okay, Lorena? Are you ... are you a sister in Christ now? Because if so, you have a whole new family."

Lorena nodded. "I-I might need a new car after all this." Lorena laughed, still shivering, but feeling much better. "I was afraid t-to accept God's gift to us, because I d-don't deserve it." She said. "I was supposed to be on the boat that day Spring and Lorelai died..." she tried to hide her tears, leaning weakly against the door. "I-I didn't go and they died. I am sorry."

@PeterJames0510

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Peter was not taken aback by the confession, other than she had been so honest as to bring it out to the light. The heart sometimes comes up with many ways to blame oneself for a tragedy. He knew the importance of grieving.

“Oh Lorena” Peter said, pulling the car to the side of the road and putting on the emergency brakes. Turning to her, he commented, “I was so into myself that day; I was tired and didn’t want to do anything. So I chose to stay home and I’m going to be honest. I did some stupid things that day I’m not proud of. So, if you’re to blame, I’m equally to blame. I let them go out on the boat by themselves; they wanted to and I figured it was no big deal. When your uncle came by that day … I was devastated. Instead of being so inside of myself, I could have been out there and helped them when the boat capsized. Lorena – were you allowed to grieve Lorelai’s loss? I didn’t really allow myself to grieve the loss of Lorelai or Spring or my child. I stopped me and got mad at God. Did ‘you’ stop ‘you’? ‘Cuz right now, I’m happy to cry with you” Peter said, putting his head down and sobbing a little to assure Lorena it would be okay.

@Mayflower1

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peter was not taken aback by the confession, other than she had been so honest as to bring it out to the light. The heart sometimes comes up with many ways to blame oneself for a tragedy. He knew the importance of grieving.

“Oh Lorena” Peter said, pulling the car to the side of the road and putting on the emergency brakes. Turning to her, he commented, “I was so into myself that day; I was tired and didn’t want to do anything. So I chose to stay home and I’m going to be honest. I did some stupid things that day I’m not proud of. So, if you’re to blame, I’m equally to blame. I let them go out on the boat by themselves; they wanted to and I figured it was no big deal. When your uncle came by that day … I was devastated. Instead of being so inside of myself, I could have been out there and helped them when the boat capsized. Lorena – were you allowed to grieve Lorelai’s loss? I didn’t really allow myself to grieve the loss of Lorelai or Spring or my child. I stopped me and got mad at God. Did ‘you’ stop ‘you’? ‘Cuz right now, I’m happy to cry with you” Peter said, putting his head down and sobbing a little to assure Lorena it would be okay.

@Mayflower1

Lorena wasnt accustomed to seeing a man cry. With her mom and uncle Jim being cops, then the street gang she got into, tears were seen as weakness. But now she allowed herself to cry. It seemed she had been doing that today. Just not in front of anyone like now.

"I was on the side of the lake practicing my verse for the play...when the boat capsized...I didn't know what to do...I couldn't swim. Never learned...and went to tell Uncle Jim, but it was too late..." She exhaled deeply, her voice quavering. "Lorelai was my only friend. I never made them easy...and then Spring came along too...and I couldn't save them. "

She let the grief and guilt flow now, tears streaming down her cheeks. Even though she still was a little numb and frost bit from the cold, it felt as if her heart was allowed to feel again. It hurt, but at the same time, she knew the healing she had put off was finally happening.

"And then I messed up my verse in that stupid play that night. My mind went blank. Not that many showed up. Mom was angry I hadn't come home afterwards. I think she was grieving too...but I just ran...I had nobody else."

She slammed the car door with her fist. "I knew I shouldn't have gone with Ronald. Mom and Lorelai warned me about him. I knew he was no good. But I did, and that is where life went and would have ended...." she paused. "If not for God...and you."

Lorena realized Uncle Jim's police car lights were in the distance along with the town medic. They were going to make it back okay.

She looked at Peter, and wiped her nose on her sleeve. "Don't tell anyone I cried." She said laughing. "Or Ill blow up the picture of you as the donkey's butt for all to see." She laughed genuinely and hugged Peter.

The clouds seemed to open up and a vision of Lorelai and Spring were there waving in front of them.. Was she seeing things again? Then as quickly as it came, they were gone.

@PeterJames0510

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"You saw them again, didn't you" Peter said, smiling and crying simultaneously after they exchanged hugs. He seemed to be able to tell something different about the eyes when it sees heaven opened up, even if just for a glimpse.

"You know" Peter said. "We need to sit down one day and compare notes about our memories of Lorelai and Spring. That would be nice." He dried his tears, took his glasses off, and let the wind irritate the eyes a little more; this way, when Jim came by - he could say the wind was hurting his eyes.

"Lorena!" Jim said when he arrived on scene. He gave her a big bear hug, put her at a distance, and said, "Wow, there's something different about you. A glow of some sort ..."

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"You saw them again, didn't you" Peter said, smiling and crying simultaneously after they exchanged hugs. He seemed to be able to tell something different about the eyes when it sees heaven opened up, even if just for a glimpse.

"You know" Peter said. "We need to sit down one day and compare notes about our memories of Lorelai and Spring. That would be nice." He dried his tears, took his glasses off, and let the wind irritate the eyes a little more; this way, when Jim came by - he could say the wind was hurting his eyes.

"Lorena!" Jim said when he arrived on scene. He gave her a big bear hug, put her at a distance, and said, "Wow, there's something different about you. A glow of some sort ..."

"Yeh... they are SO happy." Lorena said to Peter, laughing. "And we will be there one day too."

She realized nothing else had to be said. The past was the past, and the present and future were a lot brighter now. What was done was done. And it was about what her mom had said about the scars on Jesus' hands and feet. He paid the price for them.
Every bit of it.

She opened the door and embraced Uncle Jim back. Hugs were the other deemed weakness. But Uncle Jim seemed to have changed a lot over the years along with Lorena in the past hour.

"Wow, there's something different about you. A glow of some sort ..." Uncle Jim said.

"If I didn't just come to Jesus and survive outside for an hour, in these winds, I-I would blame it on this ugly/blingy Christmas sweater I put on before I left."

Uncle Jim laughed and had her sit in the back of the medic car to get checked out and treat the frostbite.

"We can talk more in town. I am proud of you. And your mom was too."

"I know..." she whispered, smiling great big. "And thank you, Uncle Jim."

He gave her another reassuring pat on her shoulder closing the door, and waved at Peter, motioning him to follow him to escort back to the shelter.

It was almost like a parade coming into town with all the police lights. The wind was howling and blowing hard with huge snow drifts. And it was very cold, but couldn't feel any warmer.

People started clapping and cheering as Peter and Lorena entered into the shelter. Lights were since put up, and the laughter of children echoed through the building . The children were dressed in Nativity clothes, playing in a live nativity set up near the tables.

"Attention everyone, now that everyone is back and safe, I would like to make a toast to a changed man, Peter James, for making all of this possible. Without the good Lord using him, we would be surviving on spam and Mrs. Hamilton's fruit cake."

Mrs. Hamilton scrunched up her face in a warning glare, then softened to a smile laughing good naturedly with the others.

"Would you like to say a few words, Peter?" Jim asked.

@PeterJames0510

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Peter hadn’t spoken much in front of other people since the accident; but he knew the people there were grateful to him for everything that was done. He looked out over everyone; some seated in chairs. Some standing. Some eating. Some kids playing, many dressed for a nativity show. For the first time, he knew what it meant to have God’s love in His heart and how he could truly say he loved every single person he saw.

Peter realized he was somewhat unprepared. He did not have his pocket Bible with him, but he remembered one verse. So he gave it.

“He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.” 1 John 5:12.

“This morning was the first time I ever truly had the Son. The greatness in Lorelai and Spring and others that have gone on to glory already is not their friendship, though I thought it was the only thing that kept me going. The greatness was that they knew I tended to worship them and make them idols; they were very gentle and friendly and loving. But they were always quick to tell me to worship and thank God. And now, my friendship with them, even though they are not here right now, is stronger than ever because I know they are worshiping God in heaven and enjoying the presence of Jesus. Everything that happened today was God’s mercy; I intended to sell my wares as usual. And instead, the Lord told me I was carrying His mercy and that I should not spare in giving it out to others.”

Peter began to tear up. Taking his index finger and thumb and creasing them over his eyes, under his glasses, to stop the crying – he finished:

“I couldn’t have done it without Jim, Lorena, and others believing in the Lord’s message to us this morning. But most importantly – I hope you will accept Jesus as your Savior; I don’t mind if you never want to hear from me again if you know Jesus! Also, please be gracious to Thomas who I met just this afternoon.” Peter smiled softly and then said, “And if you’re making me talk, then Lorena should give a few words too.”

The he smiled like Cheshire Cat at her.

• Haha
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peter hadn’t spoken much in front of other people since the accident; but he knew the people there were grateful to him for everything that was done. He looked out over everyone; some seated in chairs. Some standing. Some eating. Some kids playing, many dressed for a nativity show. For the first time, he knew what it meant to have God’s love in His heart and how he could truly say he loved every single person he saw.

Peter realized he was somewhat unprepared. He did not have his pocket Bible with him, but he remembered one verse. So he gave it.

“He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.” 1 John 5:12.

“This morning was the first time I ever truly had the Son. The greatness in Lorelai and Spring and others that have gone on to glory already is not their friendship, though I thought it was the only thing that kept me going. The greatness was that they knew I tended to worship them and make them idols; they were very gentle and friendly and loving. But they were always quick to tell me to worship and thank God. And now, my friendship with them, even though they are not here right now, is stronger than ever because I know they are worshiping God in heaven and enjoying the presence of Jesus. Everything that happened today was God’s mercy; I intended to sell my wares as usual. And instead, the Lord told me I was carrying His mercy and that I should not spare in giving it out to others.”

Peter began to tear up. Taking his index finger and thumb and creasing them over his eyes, under his glasses, to stop the crying – he finished:

“I couldn’t have done it without Jim, Lorena, and others believing in the Lord’s message to us this morning. But most importantly – I hope you will accept Jesus as your Savior; I don’t mind if you never want to hear from me again if you know Jesus! Also, please be gracious to Thomas who I met just this afternoon.” Peter smiled softly and then said, “And if you’re making me talk, then Lorena should give a few words too.”

The he smiled like Cheshire Cat at her.

Lorena was taking in a much deserved mug of hot cocoa and hit Peter on the shoulder.

"Two words. Donkey's bottom." She said. Everyone laughed. She looked over at the stable, her eyes moist.

"Not to steal the kids' spotlight, but I know the play is a bit different this year. So I guess I remember how it goes." She held the Bible in her hand and quoted by memory.

Luke 2:8-21 ESV

And in the same region there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with fear. And the angel said to them, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger." And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!" When the angels went away from them into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, "Let us go over to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has made known to us." And they went with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby lying in a manger. And when they saw it, they made known the saying that had been told them concerning this child. And all who heard it wondered at what the shepherds told them. But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart. And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen, as it had been told them. And at the end of eight days, when he was circumcised, he was called Jesus, the name given by the angel before he was conceived in the womb.

----------

Lorena watched the kids getting into place with big smiles. The improv was much appreciated with the circumstances. Everyone started lighting candles as the lights were turned down softly.

"Today....I treasure baby Jesus in my heart in a way I haven't for many years. Without this virgin birth...pure spotless lamb coming into our world to die for us, we would have no hope or reason to live..."

Everyone was choking up and Lorena tried to play it tough continuing.

"Dont take for granted your life...your family, friends, and blessings...life will throw many challenges, BUT GOD.

We can be like Mary and Joseph by doing what God wants us to do.

We can be like the shepherds and Wise Men by following Jesus Christ.

We can be like the angels by telling others the real story of Christmas.

And we can be like Jesus by following His example!

It doesnt matter who you are or what you have done in your life. God loves you."

-----------

First it was Thomas. He fell down on his knees with a repentant longing heart. Then little Tim fell down too. And pretty soon a small group of people were on their knees, giving their lives to Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(@PeterJames0510 I should have named this a christmas soap opera. Lol now for a good conclusion. Just hard to end such a wonderful story. We will have to write more this new year! I am putting the final product here too on the other site I like. Ill prolly put it in my blog too. :))

A Christmas Campfire Story

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Holy Spirit moved in His own unique way that Christmas eve. Peter was amazed at the changes in his heart and his life as well as as the changes in Lorena and the others. He had been to many services where altar calls could sometimes, but not always be, emotionally manipulated. But tonight, people were answering the call without being told to.

There was crying and laughing. Peter could hear in the Spirit both crying and laughing, a mixture of remorseful repentance and joyful exuberance at the prospect of Jesus Christ becoming the love of their life.

He also overheard many "please forgive me for having so much anger for you" or "please forgive me for hurting you" conversations. There was so much of God's love in the entire place, there were many pure tokens of affection exchanged, and there were many deep wounds and hurts that were healing. And even Thomas finally found some place to belong.

There was so much love and Christian fellowship and salvations and rededications taking place that only Lorena and Peter saw the window of the mission house and saw the eagle looking on with great interest before flying away back to heaven. And Peter and Lorena's lives were never the same again.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
(OOC - Wow, @Mayflower1! I am honored you thought it a good story to share with others. It has been a healing blessing in many ways. We beat our goal of finishing two days before Christmas, and that really helped. To be honest with you - you are the first one I've ever done a complete RPG with. While there have been many others in the past, I never once completed it and the other RPGs were not Christian. Mayflower - you truly are a blessing and I agree, I'd like to write with you again. I'd also like to know how we can promote other people to write with us as well. Sincerely - Peter James. :) )

Upvote 0