Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"My Son." The Spirit said. "I was such a young mom and gave birth to the Son of God. He knelt down next to Peter, her appearance changing before him. "Today I stand not as a spirit yet to come, but to tell of One who has come already. He lays before man life and death. Choose life and speak life! See what God's Son has done for mankind. And scenes flashed before him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Blessed more than I deserve
Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Being thrown down to the foot of the cross, a beguiling serpent whispered into Peter's ear. "Lorelai ... Spring ... marriage ... love ... beauty ... life ... all snatched from you. You have every right to be mad at God ... if there is a God. You have every right to watch bad movies. You have every right to protect yourself. You have every right to close yourself from others because He would just take them away from you too. You are on the right course, Peter."

Suddenly, a single drop of liquid on his forehead; he looked up and saw the Son of God dying for him.

The serpent suddenly became afraid and fled. Peter's heart melted in a sea of contrition and tears could not express the mixture of remorse and rejoicing flooding his heart and his life. Looking back up to the Son of God, Jesus - Peter said outloud, "Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief; help me to let go of the past. Help me not to make idols in my heart who just drain me. Help me to love Jesus; I accept Him now as my only Savior. I want a new life and a new heart ..."

• Friendly
Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Being thrown down to the foot of the cross, a beguiling serpent whispered into Peter's ear. "Lorelai ... Spring ... marriage ... love ... beauty ... life ... all snatched from you. You have every right to be mad at God ... if there is a God. You have every right to watch bad movies. You have every right to protect yourself. You have every right to close yourself from others because He would just take them away from you too. You are on the right course, Peter."

Suddenly, a single drop of liquid on his forehead; he looked up and saw the Son of God dying for him.

The serpent suddenly became afraid and fled. Peter's heart melted in a sea of contrition and tears could not express the mixture of remorse and rejoicing flooding his heart and his life. Looking back up to the Son of God, Jesus - Peter said outloud, "Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief; help me to let go of the past. Help me not to make idols in my heart who just drain me. Help me to love Jesus; I accept Him now as my only Savior. I want a new life and a new heart ..."

Heaven opened for Peter to see Lorelai and Spring with Peter's child rejoicing and waving down at him. "We will see each other again, my love." Spring said.

Then it is like time was rewinding. The spirits moved backwards and disappeared. The truck drove backwards, Lorena walked backwards, and John's trailer was ready to go. The pine tree that Lorelai and him planted as kids stood tall outside his cabin in the woods. Only this time he could see an Eagle building a nest at the very top.

All was once again at the beginning of a quiet Christmas Eve, and Peter had his axe in hand once again. Snow fell gently down from Heaven, and it seemed still and quiet, but not in a way that seemed lonely.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Everything seemed fresh and new to Peter. His heart was overflowing with thanksgiving; he did not forget any of the past visits with the spirits. Lorelei was a new person in his mind; a believer, a saint. Yes, his sister on earth; but he bet something even more extraordinary not only to him but to all who would love her in heaven. He would see her again one day and he could hold onto the good memories of her and Spring and his newly beloved child who's name only she knew.

He also knew what this day would probably bring; a gift of God to have insight into how horrible a person he had behaved and acted. And yet, God wanted to bring healing today. Peter was not the healer, of course. If he said no, God would just move on to someone else. But the fact that God apparently wanted him to be a blessing today to others was more than he deserved.

With an overflowing heart, he bowed his head and began praying. Except it was not in English or, in fact, in any language he had ever heard before. Yet, every syllable was full of praise and thanksgiving. This is not something for him to boast in, but rejoicing privately that the Lord had truly saved him.

He opened up the back of his truck to rearrange a few things; he needed more space for blankets and pillows. He threw in some more ropes and chains in case trees would fall in the way. He also went into the storage freezer in the breezeway of his house and took out more food. If he had more coats to bring, he would. But he was a little short of those; all he could do would be to rely on God for those needs should it arise. He also did what he could to clear the front seat, but was afraid the new passenger would need to hold a few things. That part of his memory was fuzzy. He seemed to remember everything except ... why he would need to keep the passenger seat clear. He knew a storm was coming in spite of last night's clear weather report, he knew his town would need him today, he knew he had lived a pretty bad life up until now.

And he knew that God gloriously saved him. He also knew, for lack of better understanding, that he only needed one drop of God's love in him and there were about a million drops! Peter needed to give Jesus to others, that's why His heart was so overflowing. "My cup runneth over, surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life ... "

With that, he climbed into his truck and headed out again with a new lease on life. He couldn't promise, though, he wouldn't be a little mischievous to people who thought he hated them. After all, didn't the real Scrooge act like that in the end, every once and a while?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Everything seemed fresh and new to Peter. His heart was overflowing with thanksgiving; he did not forget any of the past visits with the spirits. Lorelei was a new person in his mind; a believer, a saint. Yes, his sister on earth; but he bet something even more extraordinary not only to him but to all who would love her in heaven. He would see her again one day and he could hold onto the good memories of her and Spring and his newly beloved child who's name only she knew.

He also knew what this day would probably bring; a gift of God to have insight into how horrible a person he had behaved and acted. And yet, God wanted to bring healing today. Peter was not the healer, of course. If he said no, God would just move on to someone else. But the fact that God apparently wanted him to be a blessing today to others was more than he deserved.

With an overflowing heart, he bowed his head and began praying. Except it was not in English or, in fact, in any language he had ever heard before. Yet, every syllable was full of praise and thanksgiving. This is not something for him to boast in, but rejoicing privately that the Lord had truly saved him.

He opened up the back of his truck to rearrange a few things; he needed more space for blankets and pillows. He threw in some more ropes and chains in case trees would fall in the way. He also went into the storage freezer in the breezeway of his house and took out more food. If he had more coats to bring, he would. But he was a little short of those; all he could do would be to rely on God for those needs should it arise. He also did what he could to clear the front seat, but was afraid the new passenger would need to hold a few things. That part of his memory was fuzzy. He seemed to remember everything except ... why he would need to keep the passenger seat clear. He knew a storm was coming in spite of last night's clear weather report, he knew his town would need him today, he knew he had lived a pretty bad life up until now.

And he knew that God gloriously saved him. He also knew, for lack of better understanding, that he only needed one drop of God's love in him and there were about a million drops! Peter needed to give Jesus to others, that's why His heart was so overflowing. "My cup runneth over, surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life ... "

With that, he climbed into his truck and headed out again with a new lease on life. He couldn't promise, though, he wouldn't be a little mischievous to people who thought he hated them. After all, didn't the real Scrooge act like that in the end, every once and a while?

The air seemed a bit different this time round. Lorena couldn't have known that walking down the road. She just knew someone was watching out for her, and somehow, she was going to make it...

She saw a truck coming down the road, and sighed in relief as it came to a stop.

"Thank goodness." She said. "My car ran out of gas a little ways back..." She looked at the man and instantly knew who he was. A flash of his sister came to her mind. It was her best friend back then...they had never officially met though.

"Um...do you have any gas for my car? I am trying to get into town...or just a ride?"

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Peter pulled up and quickly rolled down the window. He recognized the young lady. It wasn't Lorelei, but it still started with an L. His memories hadn't completely fused yet. As she was speaking, he could feel the air getting colder as it went through the truck. He also saw the snow starting to come down.

"Your car is stuck somewhere? I don't know if we have time to go get gas right now, I don't have any. Do you think I should hook up this truck to your car and tow it into town?"

Peter got out of the car and opened up the passenger door side. He tried to rearrange the things on the seat, but had a hard time finding someplace to put everything. "Maybe if you hold a few things." He looked into her eyes and studied her for a few seconds. He realized he didn't want to creep her out, so he said, "Have you eaten? I feel like you haven't eaten yet."

He said, "I'm sorry. I'm Peter and if you need a ride somewhere, I can take you" he said offering her the front seat ... though she might have to hold a few pumpkin pies.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peter pulled up and quickly rolled down the window. He recognized the young lady. It wasn't Lorelei, but it still started with an L. His memories hadn't completely fused yet. As she was speaking, he could feel the air getting colder as it went through the truck. He also saw the snow starting to come down.

"Your car is stuck somewhere? I don't know if we have time to go get gas right now, I don't have any. Do you think I should hook up this truck to your car and tow it into town?"

Peter got out of the car and opened up the passenger door side. He tried to rearrange the things on the seat, but had a hard time finding someplace to put everything. "Maybe if you hold a few things." He looked into her eyes and studied her for a few seconds. He realized he didn't want to creep her out, so he said, "Have you eaten? I feel like you haven't eaten yet."

He said, "I'm sorry. I'm Peter and if you need a ride somewhere, I can take you" he said offering her the front seat ... though she might have to hold a few pumpkin pies.

"Um...well, yeh, actually I am starving." She said with a nervous laugh.

"And I wouldn't want you to go too far out of the way. It is probably about a mile back... pt cruiser. Any tow trucks in town?"

She saw the trailer of goodies. "I guess your business got pretty successful, huh? I uh... I remember you first starting it with Lorelai."

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Getting back in the car, he started rummaging through the inventory in the back. He said "Turkey, or ham?" and handed her a sandwich. Not a wimpy one either.

"Yes, I have a good business. Except on New Year's. On New Year's I've decided to start a tradition. I'm going to use everything here for others and not worry about selling it. Lorelai? You knew Lorelai?"

He wanted to tell her they could be best friends now because he would be best friends with anyone who was a personal friend of Lorelai's.

"Lorena? Lorena, is that you?"

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Getting back in the car, he started rummaging through the inventory in the back. He said "Turkey, or ham?" and handed her a sandwich. Not a wimpy one either.

"Yes, I have a good business. Except on New Year's. On New Year's I've decided to start a tradition. I'm going to use everything here for others and not worry about selling it. Lorelai? You knew Lorelai?"

He wanted to tell her they could be best friends now because he would be best friends with anyone who was a personal friend of Lorelai's.

"Lorena? Lorena, is that you?"

Lorena looked at that sandwich and let out a happy laugh. "Either one. I think I could eat your truck tire right now." She said, taking a huge bite in delight.

Lorena nodded. "Yeh...I didn't think you knew me or would remember me. I was just a teenager last time I was in town..." her eyes sort of dimmed thinking back. "Wish I would have stayed. If your sister was alive...I don't know."

She realized it may have been a hard topic and thought she better change the topic. Regret didn't effect her appetite as she finished the sandwich in a gulp, licking her fingers. "Anyhow...I am back now." She said with a smile. Hopefully my aunt and uncle still live in town. Is Uncle Jim still sheriff?" She pointed to the passenger seat if she could get in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Of course, of course climb in. I'm your chauffeur!"

Peter pointed to the seatbelt since it had started snowing.

"You were Lorelei's best friend? Of course you were, anyone that knew her knew she would give her everything to anybody. It's okay to talk about her; she would want us to have good memories of her." He engaged the clutch of the truck and started to pull forward.

"Lorelei loved you very much. In a way, she was the one who told me to expect you here today. Welcome home. Lorena - may I ask you a question?"

• Winner
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Of course, of course climb in. I'm your chauffeur!"

Peter pointed to the seatbelt since it had started snowing.

"You were Lorelei's best friend? Of course you were, anyone that knew her knew she would give her everything to anybody. It's okay to talk about her; she would want us to have good memories of her." He engaged the clutch of the truck and started to pull forward.

"Lorelei loved you very much. In a way, she was the one who told me to expect you here today. Welcome home. Lorena - may I ask you a question?"

"Sure!" Lorena said, glad to be able to get warm. She took off her gloves. "Sweet. Heated seats. Didn't expect that in this clunk..." she stopped with a guilty smile. "Never mind." She said comfortably. She was extremely grateful. Brutal honesty just got her in trouble more then once.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Peter grinned widely. "This clunker is about to be a blessing; but I love your honesty, Lorena. Yes, Jim is still the sheriff. And he is as tough as ever ... yet loving and kind."

He drove down the road, but had to be careful. The visibility of the way ahead of him lessened, and it was harder to see the lines in the road. He also felt like he was being gifted with a very small time with Lorelei's best friend and he wanted to be there for her if she needed it.

"What's your opinion of hangin' with me and Jesus today; I mean, I'll drop you off to Uncle Jimmy's and wherever you need to go. But Jesus and I need to be available at the mission house and I could sure use the help afterwards."

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peter grinned widely. "This clunker is about to be a blessing; but I love your honesty, Lorena. Yes, Jim is still the sheriff. And he is as tough as ever ... yet loving and kind."

He drove down the road, but had to be careful. The visibility of the way ahead of him lessened, and it was harder to see the lines in the road. He also felt like he was being gifted with a very small time with Lorelei's best friend and he wanted to be there for her if she needed it.

"What's your opinion of hangin' with me and Jesus today; I mean, I'll drop you off to Uncle Jimmy's and wherever you need to go. But Jesus and I need to be available at the mission house and I could sure use the help afterwards."

"Id be willing to help if they trust me enough." Lorena said. "What happened in Canteberry Commons? Why is the shelter open? All that food probably will go to waste by the time an emergency happens in this small town."

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Id be willing to help if they trust me enough." Lorena said. "What happened in Canteberry Commons? Why is the shelter open? All that food probably will go to waste by the time an emergency happens in this small town."

Peter hesitated, he wasn't sure if he should witness to her right then and there. Or would that scare her away? Lorelei certainly witnessed to her a lot, so it wouldn't be new. But would it be nagging?

"We're in for a storm, Lorena. I don't think the shelter is open right now. Another good reason for me to visit your uncle." He looked in the rearview mirror; the snow was starting to accumulate on the ground and he was afraid her car would get buried. Depending on where she broke down and considering the harsh winters in this neck of the woods, Peter began formulating a plan in his mind.

"I think we need to tow your car to town now. Jim will know what to do."

Then he addressed the big elephant in the room - how would he know an impending disaster was about to hit. "You see ... I've had some things happen to me. I don't know if you'd believe it if I told you. I just know, a big storm is coming and all this food and clothing is going to be needed now."

Peter then mischievously smiled. "Most of the townsfolk hate me; I've not been right since Spring and your best friend went to be with God. Not until this morning. I don't know if they'll accept me or not; but it'd be good to have at least one friend who can punch me when I need it."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peter hesitated, he wasn't sure if he should witness to her right then and there. Or would that scare her away? Lorelei certainly witnessed to her a lot, so it wouldn't be new. But would it be nagging?

"We're in for a storm, Lorena. I don't think the shelter is open right now. Another good reason for me to visit your uncle." He looked in the rearview mirror; the snow was starting to accumulate on the ground and he was afraid her car would get buried. Depending on where she broke down and considering the harsh winters in this neck of the woods, Peter began formulating a plan in his mind.

"I think we need to tow your car to town now. Jim will know what to do."

Then he addressed the big elephant in the room - how would he know an impending disaster was about to hit. "You see ... I've had some things happen to me. I don't know if you'd believe it if I told you. I just know, a big storm is coming and all this food and clothing is going to be needed now."

Peter then mischievously smiled. "Most of the townsfolk hate me; I've not been right since Spring and your best friend went to be with God. Not until this morning. I don't know if they'll accept me or not; but it'd be good to have at least one friend who can punch me when I need it."

"But the weather called for clear skies. We haven't had a snow storm in years here." Lorena said. She paused. "Lorelai used to say things that would end up happening though." She said. "I don't know why, but I trust you."

She saw her car on the side of the road and pointed to it. A storm would bury it for sure.

"I am not even sure if Jesus would be my friend right now." Lorena said. "I know you said you made mistakes, but I made some big time. Started with stealing in town, then running off. Just made some bad choices. Lorelai was always so nice to me. And now you. I...thank you. Didn't think anyone else cared except Lorelai. I got something for you."

She opened her car door and dug in her glove compartment. "Here it is." She said. She handed Peter a picture of Lorelai in the Nativity play. Lorena was an angel that year, she remembered clearly. "Spring was an angel also. And there is the donkey. You made a good one that year." She laughed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He hadn't heard laughter in a long time related to anything about Peter or his family. It was a welcome addition. "Wow, everyone looks beautiful in this picture. And yes, I did do a good donkey that year if I don't say so myself!" They laughed with one another for a moment. "I guess I didn't really stop being one until this morning ... when I got saved."

"You know ... people didn't like Jesus because he always hung around the bad people. If Jesus found a home in my heart, He'll find a home in anyone's heart, including yours ... I need you to put the car in neutral after I hook the chain up to my truck" Peter instructed Lorena.

"Next stop, Uncle Jimmy. Need another sandwich?"

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He hadn't heard laughter in a long time related to anything about Peter or his family. It was a welcome addition. "Wow, everyone looks beautiful in this picture. And yes, I did do a good donkey that year if I don't say so myself!" They laughed with one another for a moment. "I guess I didn't really stop being one until this morning ... when I got saved."

"You know ... people didn't like Jesus because he always hung around the bad people. If Jesus found a home in my heart, He'll find a home in anyone's heart, including yours ... I need you to put the car in neutral after I hook the chain up to my truck" Peter instructed Lorena.

"Next stop, Uncle Jimmy. Need another sandwich?"

"Heck yeh." Lorena said. She was happy he offered, because she didn't want to sound like a glutton. This was turning out to be a much better day then she expected. "I would have probably ended up dead somewhere if a storm is coming. Thanks for stopping. I know I have already said it. And you really think Jesus still would want me?"

She heard a sound and looked up to see an eagle flying over them before disappearing from view.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Peter tried to hold back the tears from the picture; he then said "You sure you want to give away this prized photo? I know who to come back to if I want to see it again."

There was a sign to the right of the road that said "Welcome to Canteberry Commons".

"If I didn't pick you up, it would be like leaving Jesus on the side of the road. I mean, I know you're not Jesus. But yes, He loves you very much and doesn't care what you have done as long as you're willing to love and follow Him. Oh Lorena ... I didn't want you to be on the side of the road. I'm very happy God had you meet me this morning."

The town was full of houses, but not enough to be considered a city and they weren't extremely close to each other. He took a right on Danbury drive and came to a medium sized house; a couple of cars, including a police cruiser, was in the parking lot. Peter knew he would have to unhitch the car here and bring back gas another time; he tried to pick an inconspicuous place to unhinge the vehicle. He liked having Lorena around, it was very nice company. But he remembered something that Lorelei said to him once. Take a wonderful butterfly and capture it and keep it in your hand. It stops being wonderful especially if it can't get food or is not allowed to fly around at will. So, he would not be clingy. He would learn to be thankful for what God gave him.

"Hey, maybe you should see your uncle first. He might not want to see me immediately; I've not been very good in town either."

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peter tried to hold back the tears from the picture; he then said "You sure you want to give away this prized photo? I know who to come back to if I want to see it again."

There was a sign to the right of the road that said "Welcome to Canteberry Commons".

"If I didn't pick you up, it would be like leaving Jesus on the side of the road. I mean, I know you're not Jesus. But yes, He loves you very much and doesn't care what you have done as long as you're willing to love and follow Him. Oh Lorena ... I didn't want you to be on the side of the road. I'm very happy God had you meet me this morning."

The town was full of houses, but not enough to be considered a city and they weren't extremely close to each other. He took a right on Danbury drive and came to a medium sized house; a couple of cars, including a police cruiser, was in the parking lot. Peter knew he would have to unhitch the car here and bring back gas another time; he tried to pick an inconspicuous place to unhinge the vehicle. He liked having Lorena around, it was very nice company. But he remembered something that Lorelei said to him once. Take a wonderful butterfly and capture it and keep it in your hand. It stops being wonderful especially if it can't get food or is not allowed to fly around at will. So, he would not be clingy. He would learn to be thankful for what God gave him.

"Hey, maybe you should see your uncle first. He might not want to see me immediately; I've not been very good in town either."

Lorena flashed him a look like she was afraid to go in alone. "I just hope he gives me as warm a welcome as you..." she said. "Not sure if him or aunt murtle will even know me now. Mom and them didn't have the best relationship." She handed the picture back to Peter. "You keep it. I have others...she would have wanted you to have it." She said. "Thanks for everything." She said closing the door and walking nervously to the front door alone.

Upvote 0