Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the 90 years since the tradition began, this is the first tree to come from Maryland.

The Rockefeller Center Christmas tree, a 90-year New York City tradition, has arrived in the Big Apple and is being prepared for its lighting. This year’s tree marks the first time that the Rockefeller tree was sourced from Maryland. It was donated by a Catholic family from Elkton, Maryland, who allowed it to be taken from their own yard.

According to the Tablet, Erik Pauze, the head gardener at Rockefeller Center, came across the tree as he drove around the Northeastern U.S. countryside scouting for this year’s tree, in March. He discovered the 79-foot-tall, 46-foot-wide Norway Spruce on the property of Julie and Devon Price, who were hesitant to let the 90-year-old tree go.

Continued below.
This year’s Rockefeller Center Christmas tree was donated by a Catholic family

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's great! ... are they going to donate to polishing the statue of Prometheus as well?

Gotta keep the whole place looking sharp, y'know! :rolleyes:
What in the world are you talking about??

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah. Explain.

I've just always felt it was an odd Christmas exhibition in that plaza, with a Christmas Tree placed in juxtaposition to the figure of Prometheus.

That's all. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've just always felt it was an odd Christmas exhibition in that plaza, with a Christmas Tree placed in juxtaposition to the figure of Prometheus.

That's all. :rolleyes:
I’m not familiar with the area. That’s why I asked. No need for the eye roll. It’s a nice article. A happy one imo. I had no idea why you were bringing Prometheus into it. I hope I have not inconvenienced you too much.

• Friendly
Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0