Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(OOC - Wow, @Mayflower1! I am honored you thought it a good story to share with others. It has been a healing blessing in many ways. We beat our goal of finishing two days before Christmas, and that really helped. To be honest with you - you are the first one I've ever done a complete RPG with. While there have been many others in the past, I never once completed it and the other RPGs were not Christian. Mayflower - you truly are a blessing and I agree, I'd like to write with you again. I'd also like to know how we can promote other people to write with us as well. Sincerely - Peter James. :) )

Yeh!!!! I have started many rpgs. Very few have finished. But I find I like shorter ones. Short story types. Otherwise I feel like I get too deep into it. It is so much fun and glory to God! I think that writing barrier is finally coming down a little bit. Sometimes have to learn how to write, along with what to write. And not expect perfection. And knowing when to stop.

The end. ^_^

Very well written. Fun and a blessing. Thanks Peter!!! Ill actually be off after today till next year, so have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

@PeterJames0510
Resized952020122295200540.jpg

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Blessed more than I deserve
Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeh!!!! I have started many rpgs. Very few have finished. But I find I like shorter ones. Short story types. Otherwise I feel like I get too deep into it. It is so much fun and glory to God! I think that writing barrier is finally coming down a little bit. Sometimes have to learn how to write, along with what to write. And not expect perfection. And knowing when to stop.

The end. ^_^

Very well written. Fun and a blessing. Thanks Peter!!! Ill actually be off after today till next year, so have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

@PeterJames0510
View attachment 291546

Aww, how cute she is.

Yes, the longer stories can get a little complicated and sometimes get too far in. But actually, I guess it's an artform called World Building. It does take time and dedication, but I definitely have never been able to complete a world building exercise.

You do very well writing; you should consider writing short stories for magazines or websites - is that still a thing?

Have a very very Merry Christmas and here's to writing with you again in the New Year. :)

Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Aww, how cute she is.

Yes, the longer stories can get a little complicated and sometimes get too far in. But actually, I guess it's an artform called World Building. It does take time and dedication, but I definitely have never been able to complete a world building exercise.

You do very well writing; you should consider writing short stories for magazines or websites - is that still a thing?

Have a very very Merry Christmas and here's to writing with you again in the New Year. :)

Cool. Didn't realize there was a name to it. I guess with world building, it is the process and fun in writing. Which it was very fun. But more oftem then not, it would take me personally, in the wrong direction. Sort of like playing monopoly. Lol.

And Well thanks! Never thought of actual freelancing. But if I get a good amount up of stories, I might submit them. I just havent written much or considered short stories. It might be a great creative outlit. Especially if they have a good message. When the littles get a bit older and in school, Ill have time for other things.

I have an idea of a world, called "Chronicles of the Spirit." Sort of based off Romans 12. Ill have to pray about it some more. But it involves short stories of peoples' lives as they come to learn what their spiritual gifts are. They basically portray what they look like and can get people to think about what their own are in serving for God's kingdom.

Dhar Mann videos just are some great inspiration to me. Id like to do stories with actual Bible tied in. Jesus taught the people in parables. Plus, in the right way, writing is so much fun. It can be used to renew the mind, or show you where your heart is at. Just like gsmes like skyrim and fallout 3. Annnnyways. It is 6am christmas eve and Im dozing back off. Merry Christmas!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Cool. Didn't realize there was a name to it. I guess with world building, it is the process and fun in writing. Which it was very fun. But more oftem then not, it would take me personally, in the wrong direction. Sort of like playing monopoly. Lol.

And Well thanks! Never thought of actual freelancing. But if I get a good amount up of stories, I might submit them. I just havent written much or considered short stories. It might be a great creative outlit. Especially if they have a good message. When the littles get a bit older and in school, Ill have time for other things.

I have an idea of a world, called "Chronicles of the Spirit." Sort of based off Romans 12. Ill have to pray about it some more. But it involves short stories of peoples' lives as they come to learn what their spiritual gifts are. They basically portray what they look like and can get people to think about what their own are in serving for God's kingdom.

Dhar Mann videos just are some great inspiration to me. Id like to do stories with actual Bible tied in. Jesus taught the people in parables. Plus, in the right way, writing is so much fun. It can be used to renew the mind, or show you where your heart is at. Just like gsmes like skyrim and fallout 3. Annnnyways. It is 6am christmas eve and Im dozing back off. Merry Christmas!!!

Ahh yes, sometimes with world building, you do a lot of extra work outside of the main story. Creating maps, delineating pre-defined cities, rules of the world, lore and stories that act as backdrop to the main story, defining characters of the world. It can be a task in and of itself and some writers will build as the story goes and I've heard of some who build the world first and then the characters can play in the world.

I've never played skyrim or fallout; Kingdom Hearts 1 which was cool, pacman world 2 I think! Which was cool. :)

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ahh yes, sometimes with world building, you do a lot of extra work outside of the main story. Creating maps, delineating pre-defined cities, rules of the world, lore and stories that act as backdrop to the main story, defining characters of the world. It can be a task in and of itself and some writers will build as the story goes and I've heard of some who build the world first and then the characters can play in the world.

I've never played skyrim or fallout; Kingdom Hearts 1 which was cool, pacman world 2 I think! Which was cool. :)

Oh yeh. That is it. Never heard that term though. I have a bit more patience now after having kids though. Haha. The time is tighter now and sharing parts not so much though. Easy to get ideas in your head and just run with them. I think it is a difference between writer and "play" writer. But I am conforming to Christ's ideas more now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟65,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh yeh. That is it. Never heard that term though. I have a bit more patience now after having kids though. Haha. The time is tighter now and sharing parts not so much though. Easy to get ideas in your head and just run with them. I think it is a difference between writer and "play" writer. But I am conforming to Christ's ideas more now.

I do hope you and your family had a great Christmas. :)

Upvote 0