Few will be saved?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yet no man can number them ... not that many people have lived and died that a man cannot number them ...
Try counting the people in ohio, or in canada, or in china.... go ahead, try. (do not let anyone else help you.

also when Jesus returns and rules on earth, how many people can be born within the next 500 years after that (it is beyond man's understanding)

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have heard their term reprobate. I thought that was just a man-made term. Now I know that I was wrong. It is in the Bible.

You may find this helpful, my friend.

Strong's G96

May God bless you in any good you do for the Lord.

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Why would you wish me luck for something you believe might be false?
When I get to Heaven, I won't care a fig if I was right in my doctrine or not - so long as I am accepted into His presence.

I certainly won't care if I'm worshiping around the throne with Arminians or Calvinists - O.S.A.S. proponents or keep you nose clean and hope you don't give in to sin and lose your salvation types.

I wish no one to be rejected by God - even the most vile person who doesn't believe in God, even the Pope, even Mormons, J.W.'s, Muslims, ---- no one.

I most certainly hope that the net of grace is larger than I am seeing it being as I read the scriptures.

Nothing much would please me more than to see that Jesus was not the only way and everyone who ever lived was saved.

I don't think that will be the case. But I'd like it to be so.

Good luck with your religion.

You had the last post on this I'll respond to. :)

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Which belief?

The one where there was INTENT to harm could occur....?
or
The one where there was NO INTENT to harm, but harm could occur...?

God Bless,
SBC

I was talking about your belief in Eternal Security.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When I get to Heaven, I won't care a fig if I was right in my doctrine or not - so long as I am accepted into His presence.

I certainly won't care if I'm worshiping around the throne with Arminians or Calvinists - O.S.A.S. proponents or keep you nose clean and hope you don't give in to sin and lose your salvation types.

I wish no one to be rejected by God - even the most vile person who doesn't believe in God, even the Pope, even Mormons, J.W.'s, Muslims, ---- no one.

I most certainly hope that the net of grace is larger than I am seeing it being as I read the scriptures.

Nothing much would please me more than to see that Jesus was not the only way and everyone who ever lived was saved.

Good luck with your religion.

You had the last post on this I'll respond to.

"Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."
(Matthew 7:14).

"For many are called, but few are chosen." (Matthew 22:14).

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it."
(Matthew 7:14).

These are better translated as "too few" so that you don't imagine your own short list.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="Marvin Knox, post: 71842110, member: 352687"]I most certainly hope that the net of grace is larger than I am seeing it being as I read the scriptures.

[/QUOTE

The most important to remember "SEEING IT BEING AS I READ THE SCRIPTURES".

There is no hope at all for the ideas opposed to God.

There is life, hope, joy, and righteousness by faith in turning to God and agreeing wholeheartedly (completely, utterly, HIS WORD) with God.

HE accomplishes this in little children (any age zero to 999 years old)
who trust actively and rely only on Him,
as Jesus told the disciples ....

The other ways man or the devil proposes ? The way of destruction, death, and permanent loss.

God's Way in Jesus: the Way to LIFE ETERNAL, and full of glory as God Pleases.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What did Jesus mean when he said "few will be saved?" There are billions of Christians out there! Christianity is the largest religion in the world! So surely many will be saved? What are we missing? Discuss.
"Too few" is a better translation.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
These are better translated as "too few" so that you don't imagine your own short list.

I just read and believe the Bible as plainly as I can. If you don't do that, I cannot help you.
Narrow is the way and few are chosen is pretty clear to me.

Upvote 0

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 17, 2016
macon ga.
✟17,229.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What did Jesus mean when he said "few will be saved?" There are billions of Christians out there! Christianity is the largest religion in the world! So surely many will be saved? What are we missing? Discuss.

just because someone say they believe in Jesus doesn't mean they actually do.It would be more accurate to say that those who exercise faith in him(believeth in him) will be saved.While there are many who say they believe in Jesus does not mean they are necessarily exercising faith in him.There is a difference.So i don't believe there are billions of christians possibly there are only millions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just read and believe the Bible as plainly as I can. If you don't do that, I cannot help you.
Narrow is the way and few are chosen is pretty clear to me.
Better translated as "too few" to avoid personal bias
caused by your own definition of "few".

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
just because someone say they believe in Jesus doesn't mean they actually do.It would be more accurate to say that those who exercise faith in him(believeth in him) will be saved.While there are many who say they believe in Jesus does not mean they are necessarily exercising faith in him.There is a difference.So i don't believe there are billions of christians possibly there are only millions.

Still millions are more than few. Then again in Revelation it says that the saved will be more than can be counted as well.

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Try counting the people in ohio, or in canada, or in china.... go ahead, try. (do not let anyone else help you.

also when Jesus returns and rules on earth, how many people can be born within the next 500 years after that (it is beyond man's understanding)

Is it? That scripture in revelation, they are in the same place, at the same time, and no babies are being born.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Better translated as "too few" to avoid personal bias
caused by your own definition of "few".

It is not my definition it says it right here in the Bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Still millions are more than few.
Not in meaning.

For human example, a billionaire who says he has a few dollars to give to a charity might give 2 million without blinking an eye.

As others noted - Jesus says few are saved, and many are lost. This never changes UNLESS during the millenium (which could be billions of people) the proportions change FOR THAT TIME....
that won't change that historically there has only been TWO times on earth so far when believers outnumbered unbelievers,
and "apparently" most all of history there has never been as much as 10% of the world's population saved. A few countries MIGHT have reached that mark or more at some time in history, but not in the last hundred years as far as known....

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Still millions are more than few. Then again in Revelation it says that the saved will be more than can be counted as well.

Few is in relation to the whole of the majority of the population of everyone else.
Usually doing what is evil is the easy way.
So I would see most taking this path and it being the wide gate.
In fact, this thinking is in line with Scripture.
For the context of Matthew 7:14 (the narrow way) is Matthew 7:21 where Jesus says to depart from Him because they worked iniquity (sin) and it is Matthew 7:26-27 where Jesus says that a person is a fool and their house will be destroyed if they do not do what He says.

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the condition of having the seal of God?

Scripture says, God the Father has set his seal upon those who labor for the meat that endures unto everlasting life.

"Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed." (John 6:27).

In fact, what is a guarantee?

Guarantee receipts normally have conditions which you can normally read in the ”fine print”. If you get a guarantee receipt for a certain product and you would like to make a claim, the store might request that you bring both the product and the receipt with you before they are willing to look at your claim. They might also request that you do this within a certain time frame and that you state what’s wrong with the product. Another example could be if someone buys you a bus ticket which guarantees you to get to a certain city PROVIDED that 1) you don’t throw away your ticket, 2) that you embark the right bus on the right time, and 3) that you STAY ON the bus until it arrives at the city. The BUS will arrive at the city as promised, but the question is if YOU will choose to be among the bus passengers.

1 Samuel 16:14
But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

Psalms 5:11
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me

Again, circumcision was a ”seal” for those under the old covenant.

Romans 4:11
And he received the sign of circumcision, a SEAL of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also.

This seal WAS broken and guaranteed nothing when those who were circumcised broke the covenant and were cut off from the people of God.

Romans 2:25-27
25 For circumcision verily profiteth, IF thou keep the law: but IF thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision. 26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? 27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

As you can see, this seal was conditioned on continued faith and obedience. The Holy Spirit marks us as God’s children of the new covenant but if we abandon the faith, and/or live in disobedience then the Spirit of God no longer remains in us and we are no longer sealed. Circumcised (sealed) jews were broken off through unbelief.

Acts 5:32
And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

John 14:15-16
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever

Romans 8:9-10
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, IF so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10 And IF Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

God speaks of the Israelites who ”grieved” His Holy Spirit in their rebellion. These Jews were cut off from the promise of entering God’s rest and they became God’s enemies.

Isaiah 63:10
But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: THEREFORE he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them. —

Isaiah 63:14
As a beast goeth down into the valley, the Spirit of the LORD caused him to rest: so didst thou lead thy people, to make thyself a glorious name.

In the NT the ”rest” is the eternal rest that all believers will attain. The book of Hebrews continually speak of the promise of eternal rest, in combination with WARNINGS to believers not to miss out on this promised rest through hardening their hearts in unbelief, just as the Israelites did who rebelled against God during the Exodus (Read Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 10).
If you read the entire story of King Saul, when he visited the witch of endor to speak with Samuel, Samuel told King Saul that the next day he would die and be with Samuel wherever he was which is very good news for King Saul. In the parable where Christ speaks of the rich man and Lazarus, Lazarus was in the bosom of Abraham as I recall. I therefore assume that is where the great prophet Samuel was after death.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If you read the entire story of King Saul, when he visited the witch of endor to speak with Samuel, Samuel told King Saul that the next day he would die and be with Samuel wherever he was which is very good news for King Saul. In the parable where Christ speaks of the rich man and Lazarus, Lazarus was in the bosom of Abraham as I recall. I therefore assume that is where the great prophet Samuel was after death.
No, it was not good news for Saul. Nor was Lazarus or Samuel ever in the 'bosom of Abraham'.... If you desire to see why, contrary to many translators, and more accurately in line with ALL Scripture,
see e.w.bullingers account of "lazarus and the rich man" online free in pdf format.

Upvote 0