✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You a KJV only fellow?
Absolutely a KJV Christian. When one begins to receive the many Spiritual mysteries in God's Word, the KJV most closely reveals those mysteries which can only be understood by The Will of God The Father. It's hopeless to believe that anyone can share the truth of these mysteries and expect the recipient to understand them without The Will of God The Father.

Upvote 0

lsume

Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have heard their term reprobate. I thought that was just a man-made term. Now I know that I was wrong. It is in the Bible.
Outer darkness is the absence of the illuminating truth of Jesus The Christ.

Upvote 0

lsume

Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While there is a slim chance that I may be mistaken, I believe you are not being consistent in what you say you believe. You quoted to me 1 John 1:8 in post #189 here when I said that the gospel does not make for an allowance for a little bit of sin. I remember you said before in other threads that a believer can overcome sin but you simply do not see overcoming any kind of sin is a part of salvation. But when you quote 1 John 1:8 to me, it leads me to think you take the OSAS interpretation that says we will always be in sin otherwise we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. Is this not how you understand this verse? What exactly is your interpretation on 1 John 1:8? How does your view on 1 John 1:8 line up with a believer overcoming sin?

Overcoming sin is not possible for a believer who does not accept or believe the Scriptures true teaching on Soteriolgy. It does help to believe those Scriptures that teach we can overcome sin, but it is even just as equally important to understand that we are not telling people that they can sin and still be saved (Which is turning God's grace into a license for immorality that God cannot agree with - See Jude 1:4 NIV).

This is what is deceptive about Eternal Security. It's proponents preach a double message. One message says you must live holy and the other message says you can sin and still be saved.

You said here in another thread, I quote:

"If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of that person and do not associate with him, so that he will be put to shame. Yet do not regard him as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother." 2 Thessalonians 3:14-15

There's a real world example. Note that he is still a brother even while he is in sin and even while he is being shunned by other believers. Quote by: ~ Marvin Knox.​

No. You don't believe in working out your salvaiton. You believe in just... having a belief on Jesus for your salvation. You don't believe works of any kind is a part of the salvation process. So when Scripture says to you to work out your salvation with fear and trembling (Philippians 2:12), you obviously take that to mean something else.

Well, you have to keep reading to get my full point. I am saying that good works are a part of the salvation process. You said that we are not saved by works and it is soley on the basis of believing in Christ. Good works to you are not necessary for salvation. But the Bible teaches otherwise (Matthew 19:17, Titus 1:16, Hebrews 5:9, Hebrews 12:14).

I am telling you this because before you implied or suggested that I did not trust in Jesus and His death and resurrection.

No. You don't believe Sanctification is a part of the salvation process. You essentially said before in another thread and this one that we are saved solely on believing in Jesus Christ as our Savior. You said works are not a part of salvation. In fact, you believe that a believer can abide in sin and still be saved.

Again, this is just not true on your part. For you believe that a saint can abide in sin and still be saved. What purpose does it serve to commit one's life to Christ and live holy and righteous if they can just sin and still be saved?

I am telling this to you for your benefit in helping you to understand what I believe. Before you were suggesting that I was trying to save myself by my works. But I believe it is the Lord who works in the believer.

But you preach a double message. You also say that a believer can abide in sin and still be saved. So what good is Sanctification or living out one's faith in holiness if one can just do evil and still be in God's good graces?

But are you not undoing Christ's commands or giving less weight to them when you and other Eternal Security proponents say that a believer can abide in sin and still be saved?

I don't believe that. For most folks have not even replied to me in regards to these verses. If they do believe these verses (amongst their silence), they must have an askewed meaning of Sanctification. For they must believe that Sanctification makes for an allowance for either a little bit of sin or a lot of sin. Either way, a person thinking they can sin and yet also be saved is turning God's grace into a license for immorality.

Scripture teaches that serious sin is separation from God.

Remember, it only took one sin by Adam to cause a separation between God and man. Why you think things have changed is beyond me. Do you think Adam was an unbeliever in God? No. He believed in God's existence but He did not believe His words or His command.

Where? What verses?
You didn't even reply to all of the verses I put forth.

No. Most do not believe in Sinless Perfectionism. You are one of the few rare breeds in the Eternal Security camp that believes in it.

So if a believer is enslaved to murder their whole lives, they won't be lost?
If a believer is enslaved to abusing children their whole lives, they won't be lost?
If a believer is enslaved to sleeping with prostitutes their whole lives, they won't be lost?
They can be saved as long as they confess their sins and they generally lived holy in other areas of their life?

You said believers can sin and still be saved in another thread here. You said, I quote:

"This is an absolutely accurate and infallible recounting of an actual person and their sin and the Holy Spirit's opinion of it.

It took place in a real place (Thessalonica) in the middle of the first century.

An entire Christian congregation was well aware of this sin. The Apostle Paul was even well aware of this sin.

The Holy Spirit commented on the sin and the way the church dealt with it. He also commented on the status of the person involved in the sin (even as he was still doing it).

The Holy Spirit calls him a brother even as he is still sinning and totally unrepentant.

This is a real world example of a real world man from a real world place.

It simply doesn't get any more real world than this example.

We are even blessed in this case with God's commentary on the subject of the eternal status of the man as he was in sin.

If you won't accept this real world example it is only because of one reason IMO.

Your doctrine is incorrect and you will not repent and cease teaching it.

Repent Jason - the Kingdom of God is at hand." Quote by: ~ Marvin Knox.​

Anyways, I do hope you see where I am coming from.
May God's love shine upon you.

Sincerely,

~ Jason.

Eph.4
  1. [30] And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely a KJV Christian. When one begins to receive the many Spiritual mysteries in God's Word, the KJV most closely reveals those mysteries which can only be understood by The Will of God The Father. It's hopeless to believe that anyone can share the truth of these mysteries and expect the recipient to understand them without The Will of God The Father.
I find everything reveals these mysteries ...

Upvote 0

jimbohank

Disciple of Yashewah
Aug 27, 2014
✟9,520.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What did Jesus mean when he said "few will be saved?" There are billions of Christians out there! Christianity is the largest religion in the world! So surely many will be saved? What are we missing? Discuss.
What did Jesus mean when he said "few will be saved?" There are billions of Christians out there! Christianity is the largest religion in the world! So surely many will be saved? What are we missing? Discuss.
Actually, Jesus was asked the question. He is speaking of the heart. We cannot read the heart of others, only God can. The deceivers will be those that cannot walk that narrow path because Jesus is that narrow path and if they don't have a sincere relationship with Him then where would they stand? There are many out there who have been deceived by the world to believe in a false Jesus, a Jesus who will accept anyone regardless of their wicked heart and lack of sincere repentance. Revelation chapter 3, when Jesus is speaking to the church of Laodicea is clear that those who are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, will be spit out of His mouth. It ultimately comes down to the individual's relationship with Him; is that person even "desiring" to have a relationship with Him or are they walking in the wicked world, assuming that they are saved because they once said a prayer, yet never desired to follow Him, allowing Him to refine them to reflect Him, and therefore feel they can live their life without any consideration to God's moral construct. Do they fall victim to the lie of "tolerance" that is being pushed more and more because they once heard or read that Jesus told us to love one another without truly understanding the context in which He said it.? Does that mean we accept the wicked moral compass of others without, in love, confronting that wicked moral compass? That we are to tolerate wickedness without drawing a line in the sand, without witnessing to those that have fallen or have never even been on that "narrow path"? It would be like allowing our children to play in a busy street because they "want" to, even though we know they would surely die. How is that represented in the "love" expressed by Jesus?...it's not! Jesus disciplines those He loves, and He does it to refine us, to remind us that we are falling off that narrow path and desires us to get back on the narrow path.The world is quickly creating a wider and wider divide between good and evil and those "lukewarm" people are going to have a harder and harder time figuring out what side of the "grey area" they are going to stand on if they don't wake up quickly!

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,588.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Remember, it only took one sin by Adam to cause a separation between God and man. Why you think things have changed is beyond me. Do you think Adam was an unbeliever in God? No. He believed in God's existence but He did not believe His words or His command.
Anyways, I do hope you see where I am coming from.
I do see exactly where you are coming from. It's crystal clear now.

Your posts explain to me why you have taken this thread (which asks about only a few being saved) to a discussion of why OSAS is incorrect and dangerous and why it is necessary to believe in sinless perfectionism.

From what you said - you believe that we as believers are in exactly the same condition that Adam was in in the garden. Nothing at all has changed since God became man, lived among us, overcame sin, gave His life for us, was resurrected and was seated on High at the right hand of the Father making intercession for the children His Father gave to Him.

You believe that Jesus Christ did not bear the sins of the world once for all.

You do not believe that we have been raised up and are seated with our Lord in glory.

You do not believe that we are sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise against the day of judgment.

You do not even believe that Jesus is the author and perfecter of our faith. You do not believe that He is sinless in that He has kept and will continue to keep His promise to God to not lose any of the children God has given to Him, drawn to Him, and is now indwelling.

You do not believe in salvation as I see it in the scriptures. Jesus is in your religion for sure. But, as they say in the vernacular, "close but no cigar".

I know that we are not saved by having all of our doctrinal ducks in a row.

But I fear that you are close to, if not over, the line which separates saving faith from a false gospel of keeping the law.

I sincerely hope that you are not planning on telling the Lord about all of your overcoming works when or if He asks you why you should be allowed into His presence.

I will continue to pray for you and I wish you the best of luck with your religion.

Upvote 0

bob96

Bob
Jun 30, 2012
✟15,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Matt 7:21-24 Talks about true and false disciples.

Not everyone who calls themselves a Christian or a disciple is following God and putting his words into practice. Yes, faith requires action. Faith without deeds is dead. Just because you call to Jesus "Lord Lord" doesn't mean anything if the actions in your life don't match up.

Matt 7
21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

The Wise and Foolish Builders

24“Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

James
2:20 You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?
2:26 As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Your posts explain to me why you have taken this thread (which asks about only a few being saved) to a discussion of why OSAS is incorrect and dangerous and why it is necessary to believe in sinless perfectionism.

From what you said - you believe that we as believers are in exactly the same condition that Adam was in in the garden. Nothing at all has changed since God became man, lived among us, overcame sin, gave His life for us, was resurrected and was seated on High at the right hand of the Father making intercession for the children His Father gave to Him.

You do not believe that we have been raised up and are seated with our Lord in glory.

You do not believe that we are sealed by the Holy Spirit of promise against the day of judgment.

You do not even believe that Jesus is the author and perfecter of our faith. You do not believe that He is sinless in that He has kept and will continue to keep His promise to God to not lose any of the children God has given to Him, drawn to Him, and is now indwelling.

You do not believe in salvation as I see it in the scriptures. Jesus is in your religion for sure. But, as they say in the vernacular, "close but no cigar".

But I fear that you are close to, if not over, the line which separates saving faith from a false gospel of keeping the law.

I sincerely hope that you are not planning on telling the Lord about all of your overcoming works when or if He asks you why you should be allowed into His presence.

I will continue to pray for you and I wish you the best of luck with your religion.

It's really not sin that separates us, it is our soul, which when broken down as to how, is simply a thought.

Jesus said one cannot add to themselves by thought ... which begs the question how one can take away from themselves by the same means ...

• Agree
Reactions: he-man
Upvote 0

Aseyesee

Apr 18, 2017
Norfolk, Virginia
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matt 7:21-24 Talks about true and false disciples.

Not everyone who calls themselves a Christian or a disciple is following God and putting his words into practice. Yes, faith requires action. Faith without deeds is dead.

A deed without faith is just as dead ... this faith works by love ... which is what the deed is born out of, whereas deeds do not give birth to faith ...

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Eph.4
  1. [30] And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

What is the condition of having the seal of God?

Scripture says, God the Father has set his seal upon those who labor for the meat that endures unto everlasting life.

"Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed." (John 6:27).

In fact, what is a guarantee?

Guarantee receipts normally have conditions which you can normally read in the ”fine print”. If you get a guarantee receipt for a certain product and you would like to make a claim, the store might request that you bring both the product and the receipt with you before they are willing to look at your claim. They might also request that you do this within a certain time frame and that you state what’s wrong with the product. Another example could be if someone buys you a bus ticket which guarantees you to get to a certain city PROVIDED that 1) you don’t throw away your ticket, 2) that you embark the right bus on the right time, and 3) that you STAY ON the bus until it arrives at the city. The BUS will arrive at the city as promised, but the question is if YOU will choose to be among the bus passengers.

1 Samuel 16:14
But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

Psalms 5:11
Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me

Again, circumcision was a ”seal” for those under the old covenant.

Romans 4:11
And he received the sign of circumcision, a SEAL of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also.

This seal WAS broken and guaranteed nothing when those who were circumcised broke the covenant and were cut off from the people of God.

Romans 2:25-27
25 For circumcision verily profiteth, IF thou keep the law: but IF thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision. 26 Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? 27 And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law?

As you can see, this seal was conditioned on continued faith and obedience. The Holy Spirit marks us as God’s children of the new covenant but if we abandon the faith, and/or live in disobedience then the Spirit of God no longer remains in us and we are no longer sealed. Circumcised (sealed) jews were broken off through unbelief.

Acts 5:32
And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

John 14:15-16
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever

Romans 8:9-10
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, IF so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10 And IF Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

God speaks of the Israelites who ”grieved” His Holy Spirit in their rebellion. These Jews were cut off from the promise of entering God’s rest and they became God’s enemies.

Isaiah 63:10
But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: THEREFORE he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them. —

Isaiah 63:14
As a beast goeth down into the valley, the Spirit of the LORD caused him to rest: so didst thou lead thy people, to make thyself a glorious name.

In the NT the ”rest” is the eternal rest that all believers will attain. The book of Hebrews continually speak of the promise of eternal rest, in combination with WARNINGS to believers not to miss out on this promised rest through hardening their hearts in unbelief, just as the Israelites did who rebelled against God during the Exodus (Read Hebrews 3 and Hebrews 10).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Notice how you did not address what I actually said in my post. Instead, you seek to attack my faith and trust in God instead. I am very aware of the verses you quote and I do trust in those verses. I trust that the Lord is my Savior, and I believe I am sealed by the Holy Spirit, but this is in balance to the warnings given to us believers to endure until the end and to not be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. We are to work out our salvation with fear and trembling. The promises in the Lord as one's Savior are only good to those who are faithful. John says,

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." (1 John 1:7).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OmpongIbarra

Aug 10, 2012
✟8,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Few in a relative sense. Fewer compared to the number of people who chose and will choose otherwise.

Reactions: Neostarwcc
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

However, I thought you said before that you believed in overcoming sin? Did you change your position on this? It sounds like you are speaking negatively against such a position now.

As for the narrow way: Matthew 7:14 is in context to Matthew 7:21 where Jesus says to a certain believer to depart from Him because this believer is working iniquity (sin) along with them doing wonderful works. Ezekiel 18:24 explains why Jesus said to this believer that He never knew them. For Ezekiel 18:24 says that if one does wickedness all their righteousness they did before will not be remembered. In addition, Matthew 7:26-27 adds further weight to the idea that Jesus desires believers to obey Him as a part of the narrow way in Matthew 7:14. In verses 26-27, Jesus says that if any man does not do what He says they are like a fool who built their house upon the sand and when a storm came, great was the fall of that house. Jesus's point in Matthew 7 was not OSAS but it was about doing what Jesus says.

You said:

Well, without Jesus going to the cross, even those in the Old Testament would have been doomed.
However, God knows all things and He promised the Messiah before the creation.
For the Lamb was slain since the foundation of the entire world (Revelation 13:8).
Many things within the Old Testament points to Jesus and the sacrifice that He would make for us.
There are the Messianic prophecies, the Typifications of Christ, and the Pre-Incarnate Appearances of Christ. The Scriptures testify of Jesus (John 5:39). Jesus is the source of a person's eternal life (1 John 5:12). For there is no other name under Heaven whereby men can be saved (Acts of the Apostles 4:12). Jesus was always the Savior for all men who would exist through out all time. Jesus saves in Justification, Sanctification, and Glorification. All glory, honor, and power goes unto Jesus.

A part of how you recognize how Jesus is good is by His love for us.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13).

Love is just another way of talking about God's Eternal Moral Laws (See Romans 13:8-10).
God's loving guidelines for man have always existed for man since His creation (and were always known by God before the foundation of the world).

The Old Covenant was a temporary covenant with a different priesthood and different laws (i.e. different ceremonial laws and judicial (civil) laws). But God's goodness and love for how He wanted man to obey has never changed after Adam's fall. At the heart, God wants man to obey Him. Jesus says if you love me, keep my commandments (John 14:15). A lack of obedience to God (sin) is what separates man from God. This truth has not changed even though the covenants have changed and we are now under the New Covenant. The only way even the OT saints could be saved was by what Jesus (the Messiah) was going to do for them. But make no mistake. If Christ did not physically go to the cross, die for our sins, and raise from the dead three days later, and then ascend to enter the Holy Temple by His blood (So as to be our mediator between God the Father and man) then we would all be doomed.

You said:

You are bearing false witness of me. Of course I believe Hebrews 10:10. I believed Jesus died for the sins of the entire world and accomplished this task one time. However, just because Jesus died for the sins of the entire world, does not mean everyone is saved. A person has to receive the free gift of salvation by faith and then continue to be responsible with that gift by faith. The gift of course is Jesus Christ (John 3:16) (2 Corinthians 9:15).

You said:

Again, you bear false witness against me. Of course I believe Ephesians 2:6 for my life. I believe a faithful saint can have an assurance of knowing Jesus by keeping His commandments (1 John 2:3); And as a result, they would be the type of believer who can rest on the promises of being seated with Christ in Heavenly places with Him.

Judas (who was one of the original twelve) was once a sheep sent among wolves.

“These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying .... go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. ...Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves...” (Matthew 10:16).

Yet, Judas fell by his transgression.

“That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell “ (Acts of the Apostles 1:25).

We see the 70 disciples return to Jesus.

"And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name." (Luke 10:17).

Jesus tells them to rejoice that their names are written in Heaven.

"Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven." (Luke 10:20).

Yet, we learn in John 6:66 (Which is not a good number), that they stopped following Jesus.

"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him." (John 6:66).

John 10:27 says, "My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:"

They followed Jesus for a time, but then they stopped following Him. So they were sheep for a time. Their names were once written in Heaven, but at the point in time they stopped following Jesus, their names were then no longer written in Heaven anymore.

I mean, how do you think a name can be blotted out of the Lamb's book of life if a believer is forever saved?

You said:

Again, you bear false witness against me. Of course I believe Ephesians 1:13. However, one has to make sure that they have the seal according to Scripture, though. John 6:27 says that God the Father places His seal upon those who labor for the food that does not perish. Also, Abraham had been circumcised which was a seal of righteousness of faith (Note: Circumcision began with Abraham under the Old Covenant). But it was a seal at that time. At that time, if you were a breaker of the law, your circumcision was made uncircumcision (See Romans 2:25).

You said:
You do not even believe that Jesus is the author and perfecter of our faith.

Again, you bear false witness against me. Of course I believe Hebrews 12:2. I believe Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith. Jesus saves us in Justification, Sanctification, and in Glorification. But this is a cooperation with Jesus. Jesus does not force save anyone into the kingdom. A person chooses of their own free will to accept Jesus as their Savior and they also choose to continue in His good ways or not. But all good is done by the Lord through the believer. The believer merely chooses to cooperate with the Lord's plan of salvation (i.e. the gospel) and the good deeds He wants to work in their lives.

You said:
You do not believe that He is sinless

Again, you bear false witness against me. Of course I believe Jesus is sinless (1 Peter 2:22) (2 Corinthians 5:21) (Hebrews 4:15).

You said:
...in that He has kept and will continue to keep His promise to God to not lose any of the children God has given to Him, drawn to Him, and is now indwelling.

Jesus has no trouble keeping up with his sheep, he simply does not force save them against their own wills. Notice the word "should" in vese 39 within John 6,

John 6:39 says,
"And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day."

For example: If I said to you that I "should" be over your house tomorrow, but I have a lot of work to do, you would not take that as a guaranteee that I was coming over to your home.

You said:

I can say the same for you, but the real proof is: "What does Scripture say?"
So far you have not addressed all of the verses I have brought forth.
You also seemed to dodge my pointing out to you that you believe that a saint can abide in sin and still be saved (When you appeared to be denying that before).

You said:

Again, you are confused about the Law. Please, the next time you read your Bible take note of every time the word "circumcision" appears near the word "law" referenced in the generic sense. Paul was not speaking about ALL Law. Paul was talking exclusively about the Law of Moses. This is why Paul said, "...what profit is there of circumcision?" (Romans 3:1). "I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing." (Galatians 5:2). Obviously circumcision is a part of the Old Testament Law and it is not a part of New Testament Law. So Paul was condemning believers in trying to go back to following the whole of the Old Law to be right with God. Paul was condemning the following of the ceremonial laws from the OT as a means of salvation. Paul did not condemn anyone for following God's Eternal Moral Laws as a part of the salvation process. Paul says in 1 Timothy 6:3-4 that if any man speaks contrary to the words of Jesus Christ and the doctrine of Godliness, he is proud and knows nothing. James says that God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble (James 4:6). Obviously if somebody is preaching a sin and still be saved type belief, they are going against Godliness as taught in the Holy Scriptures.

You said:

Not sure what Bible you are reading,

But mine says,

"His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord." (Matthew 25:23).

You said:

Why would you wish me luck for something you believe might be false?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DarkSoul999

Aug 5, 2017
New Britain
✟37,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That is why I do not consider myself saved. I will never consider myself saved until the day that I die, if I make it into heaven. Jesus said not everybody who calls him Lord Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore I don't not trust the fact that I call him Lord to get me saved. I know that I have to turn away from sin. I cannot deny that. I do have some besetting sins myself that I need to turn away from. But I like what this poster has to say.

I just don't want to be a shocked Christian who thought he was saved but wasn't.

You understand that being unsaved means eternal agony right?

If I was destined for damnation then I would much rather be deluded into thinking a better life was ahead of me.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="Introverted1293, post: 71840438, member: 400381"]That is why I do not consider myself saved. I will never consider myself saved until the day that I die, if I make it into heaven. Jesus said not everybody who calls him Lord Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore I don't not trust the fact that I call him Lord to get me saved. I know that I have to turn away from sin. I cannot deny that. I do have some besetting sins myself that I need to turn away from. But I like what this poster has to say.

I just don't want to be a shocked Christian who thought he was saved but wasn't.
[/QUOTE
Well, who would you choose to follow today, if given the choice: Jesus , or Satan ?
(Today, on earth, in this life)

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,588.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It's really not sin that separates us, it is our soul, which when broken down as to how, is simply a thought.
Jesus said one cannot add to themselves by thought ... which begs the question how one can take away from themselves by the same means ...
:scratch:

Upvote 0