Few will be saved?

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you read the entire story of King Saul, when he visited the witch of endor to speak with Samuel, Samuel told King Saul that the next day he would die and be with Samuel wherever he was which is very good news for King Saul. In the parable where Christ speaks of the rich man and Lazarus, Lazarus was in the bosom of Abraham as I recall. I therefore assume that is where the great prophet Samuel was after death.

God had forbidden to talk to Samuel by legal means (1 Samuel 28:6). What makes you think God would induldge Samuel by illegal means? It was forbidden (illegal) for God's people or Saul to contact mediums, etc. This would be a violation of God's Word (Leviticus 19:31). Also, it would show that ghosts are okay and can be real and trusted. But remember when the rich man's request was refused to visit his brothers to tell them of the place of torment that he was in? (Luke 16:31). Also, Saul never actually seen Samuel. He was asking the medium what he looked like (1 Samuel 28:13). Only the witch had seen this vision of Samuel. But what about her being shock and surprised? Well, you have to remember that Satan can appear as an angel of light and his ministers into the ministers of righteousness (2 Corinthians 11:14-15). Also, the entity's prediction did not come true, either. The thing communicating with Saul told him in 1 Samuel 28:19 that he would be delivered into the hands of the Philistines. Yet, this did not happen. Saul took his own life before he could be taken into the hands of the Philistines (1 Samuel 31:1-4).

As for the Bible referring to the entity as Samuel: Well, we have to understand that there are other occurences in Scripture whereby a name ascribed to somebody is not an exact description of that person or being at first glance (Unless of course we dig a little deeper into the meaning of the use of that word). For example: Scripture says, "Ye are gods." Jesus used this quote in Scripture to deflect unbelieving Jews when He made a reference to His divine nature (as God). Also, Jesus Himself appears several times in the Old Testament. He is called the "Angel of the Lord" or the "Messenger of the Lord" in the Old Testament (See this thread here at CF). However, this does not mean Jesus is an angel or anything. Jesus is uncreated and eternal and Jesus is the second person within the Godhead or the Trinity.

The Spirit of God departed Saul and an evil spirit came upon him because he sinned; So Saul broke God's laws even more by contacting a sorcerer and then committing suicide. Both are grevious sins. Saul was not saved in the end because of this. Be not deceived, the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
QUOTE="Introverted1293, post: 71840438, member: 400381"]That is why I do not consider myself saved. I will never consider myself saved until the day that I die, if I make it into heaven. Jesus said not everybody who calls him Lord Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore I don't not trust the fact that I call him Lord to get me saved. I know that I have to turn away from sin. I cannot deny that. I do have some besetting sins myself that I need to turn away from. But I like what this poster has to say.

I just don't want to be a shocked Christian who thought he was saved but wasn't.
[/QUOTE
Well, who would you choose to follow today, if given the choice: Jesus , or Satan ?
(Today, on earth, in this life)

I want to follow Jesus.

Upvote 0

Introverted1293

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2017
Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You understand that being unsaved means eternal agony right?

If I was destined for damnation then I would much rather be deluded into thinking a better life was ahead of me.

I understand this.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I was talking about your belief in Eternal Security.

I do believe, God is FAITHFUL, once a person IS SAVED they never become UN-SAVED.

So, You commented, you believe that view is IMMORAL? How so?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You say that,
but Jesus does not say that.

Who do you think is right? You or Jesus ?

Perspective...

Estimates of over 100 Billion people EVER born, which obviously is a number daily increasing.
Millions SAVED, would comparatively BE FEW.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I do believe, God is FAITHFUL, once a person IS SAVED they never become UN-SAVED.

So, You commented, you believe that view is IMMORAL? How so?

God Bless,
SBC

Because making such a statment seeks to minimize sin or downplay it by saying that a believer is saved no matter what they do on some level. In this type of wrong thinking, a believer can drink and drive, sleep with prostitutes, abuse children, push people down stairs, and still be saved (on some level).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God had forbidden to talk to Samuel by legal means (1 Samuel 28:6). What makes you think God would induldge Samuel by illegal means? It was forbidden (illegal) for God's people or Saul to contact mediums, etc. This would be a violation of God's Word (Leviticus 19:31). Also, it would show that ghosts are okay and can be real and trusted. But remember when the rich man's request was refused to visit his brothers to tell them of the place of torment that he was in? (Luke 16:31). Also, Saul never actually seen Samuel. He was asking the medium what he looked like (1 Samuel 28:13). Only the witch had seen this vision of Samuel. But what about her being shock and surprised? Well, you have to remember that Satan can appear as an angel of light and his ministers into the ministers of righteousness (2 Corinthians 11:14-15). Also, the entity's prediction did not come true, either. The thing communicating with Saul told him in 1 Samuel 28:19 that he would be delivered into the hands of the Philistines. Yet, this did not happen. Saul took his own life before he could be taken into the hands of the Philistines (1 Samuel 31:1-4).

As for the Bible referring to the entity as Samuel: Well, we have to understand that there are other occurences in Scripture whereby a name ascribed to somebody is not an exact description of that person or being at first glance (Unless of course we dig a little deeper into the meaning of the use of that word). For example: Scripture says, "Ye are gods." Jesus used this quote in Scripture to deflect unbelieving Jews when He made a reference to His divine nature (as God). Also, Jesus Himself appears several times in the Old Testament. He is called the "Angel of the Lord" or the "Messenger of the Lord" in the Old Testament (See this thread here at CF). However, this does not mean Jesus is an angel or anything. Jesus is uncreated and eternal and Jesus is the second person within the Godhead or the Trinity.

The Spirit of God departed Saul and an evil spirit came upon him because he sinned; So Saul broke God's laws even more by contacting a sorcerer and then committing suicide. Both are grevious sins. Saul was not saved in the end because of this. Be not deceived, the unrighteous will not inherit the Kingdom of God.
As to whether King Saul was saved or not is way out of my pay grade. No doubt that going to the witch of endor was sinful especially since King Saul was actively killing all such type people. However, before all of that, he was seen prophesying with the prophets coming down the mountain.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Because making such a statment seeks to minimize sin or downplay it by saying that a believer is saved no matter what they do on some level.

That was your "examples" proposition. That was NOT what I said or agreed with.

In this type of wrong thinking, a believer can drink and drive, sleep with prostitutes, abuse children, push people down stairs, and still be saved (on some level).

And? Where did I say such things was my thinking?

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God Bless,
SBC
I absolutely agree with you as it pertains to salvation. What many or perhaps most do not understand is that once one is truly sealed, willful sin no longer has the benefit of Christ's sacrifice but must be severely punished as shown in Hebrews

Heb.10 Verses 26 to 27

1. [26] For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
    [27] But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
King Saul endured this as have I. I can assure you that if you are in fact sealed in The Holy Spirit and enter into willful sin, you will experience the fearful looking for of judgement and fiery indignation. However, I also fall into the category below from Daniel 11

Dan.11

1. [35] And some of them of understanding shall fall, to try them, and to purge, and to make them white, even to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.
I have since been filled with The Love of Christ and pray often to never sin and to be made meek and lowly like our Lord Jesus The Christ. Until someone has experienced the Spiritual things Spoken of in Hebrews and has been truly born again, it is impossible for such a person to understand these mysteries. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of The Living God. I thank God often that I am not the judge and I am also thankful that many others are not my judge. To have experienced walking In The Spirit and then have that taken away to experience the looking forward to the pending punishment for willful sin is a difficult thing. I thank God The Father for His Grace and Mercy that endureth forever.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

God Bless,
SBC

Before it sounded like you were admitting that a person can be saved even in the process of killing someone.

Also, if one is truly saved by having a belief alone on Jesus then we must continue conclude that the most vile self proclaiming Christian sinner can have salvation (even while they sin). Meaning, somebody like a Hitler could be saved in his murder and suicide as long as he had a belief on Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As to whether King Saul was saved or not is way out of my pay grade. No doubt that going to the witch of endor was sinful especially since King Saul was actively killing all such type people. However, before all of that, he was seen prophesying with the prophets coming down the mountain.
People who commit suicide and stay dead are not saved. Also, God would not hear from Saul towards the end of his life, so it is really obvious he was not saved at this point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

geiroffenberg

Sep 4, 2014
✟38,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I'm wrong. It was just a question asked to Jesus in Luke 13:23 and Jesus didn't really say "Few will be saved" he said "Many will try to enter through the gate (him) and not be able to".

Well, the verse most ppl qutoe from when they fear few will be saved is this:
"Mat 7:13 Go in through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction (is wasted), and many there are who go in through it.
Mat 7:14 Because narrow is the gate and constricted is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

A huge problem christians have in reading the bible is the word "saved", there is no such definition o fthis word in the new testament like christians use it. saved is rarely "going to heaven when you die"

Most of the times jesus talked about finding life etc he was talking about finding some manifestatino of the kingdom before you die. Ppl go to heaven because their heart was right, they may never experienced any god-life and in that sense their life in religion was wasted since it never led to any breaktrough, but they still go to heaven becaue their hear was right according to romans 2 (they were seeking eternal life, and had a basic trust in their conscience, so god judges them by their heart)

The other point is that jesus was talking to a culture that was extremly steeped in god revelation, and STILL at that time and up to taht time few had found real piofe and peace with god, even tho all of them were extremly religious (no nation was like the sisraelites in taht sens). NO the promises, after the cross was revewealed and the spirit poured out, has hsitorically been way more likely to be experienced in some level. So its true what john said that satan who blinded the nations now is bound so that he can not seduce the natiosn anymore, there was a very clear division line in history after the cross where the gospel and god connection was realiazed in huge numbers. definitly not tru that "few" found life

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Scripture references please.

You really should not need a Bible verse to know this. But if you do, here are a few.

“If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.” (1 Corinthians 3:17).

“But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.” (Proverbs 8:36).

Suicide is self murder.

1 John 3:15 says,

“Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.”
‭‭
“But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul,” (2 Samuel 7:15).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Well, the verse most ppl qutoe from when they fear few will be saved is this:
"Mat 7:13 Go in through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction (is wasted), and many there are who go in through it.
Mat 7:14 Because narrow is the gate and constricted is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

A huge problem christians have in reading the bible is the word "saved", there is no such definition o fthis word in the new testament like christians use it. saved is rarely "going to heaven when you die"

Most of the times jesus talked about finding life etc he was talking about finding some manifestatino of the kingdom before you die. Ppl go to heaven because their heart was right, they may never experienced any god-life and in that sense their life in religion was wasted since it never led to any breaktrough, but they still go to heaven becaue their hear was right according to romans 2 (they were seeking eternal life, and had a basic trust in their conscience, so god judges them by their heart)

The other point is that jesus was talking to a culture that was extremly steeped in god revelation, and STILL at that time and up to taht time few had found real piofe and peace with god, even tho all of them were extremly religious (no nation was like the sisraelites in taht sens). NO the promises, after the cross was revewealed and the spirit poured out, has hsitorically been way more likely to be experienced in some level. So its true what john said that satan who blinded the nations now is bound so that he can not seduce the natiosn anymore, there was a very clear division line in history after the cross where the gospel and god connection was realiazed in huge numbers. definitly not tru that "few" found life
They simply do not know the difference between being 'eternally forgiven', by the cross and work of Jesus, versus being saved from the 'temporal consequence' (judgements) of their sins, until the day they die. And they do still die, because they too still sin. But they always want to prove their point by comparing themselves with some 'bad sinner'. It appears to me, like they think their 'sin doesn't stink' just as bad to God, because they've accepted their forgiveness. :doh:

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Luke’s gospel is aimed at unbelievers so I think it is urging seekers to be serious and not just join for benefits and status. Following Christ is dangerous both then and today. Lots of people give Him lip service and worship Him the way they want using practices from all over the place instead of how He says He wants to be worshipped, He wants followers who are moulded like Him and are true in their hearts not just outwardly impressive, He wants to see fruitfulness not emptiness. There are a lot of false professing Christians out there who are in denial.
And no one can be obedient to The Word of God without Christ. The New Testament makes it clear that one must worship in Spirit and in Truth which requires anyone hoping to be that way to be truly born again.

Upvote 0